2012 Ninja 650R- First Look!

Your best bet is to try Mocyc.com

Thanks for that site

What a gold mine of used bikes

Thanks

Prices are usually cheaper than the farang aimed sites.

2003 R1 invoice, 175k thb obo. Nice track toy that would be.

Just looking at the pics though you see why - average Thai maintenance. If it hasn't broken it hasn't been replaced or maintained, if it has broken, it's been patched up with a similar piece off a Honda Click by their mate. :D

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your best bet is to try Mocyc.com

Thanks for that site

What a gold mine of used bikes

Thanks

Prices are usually cheaper than the farang aimed sites.

2003 R1 invoice, 175k thb obo. Nice track toy that would be.

Just looking at the pics though you see why - average Thai maintenance. If it hasn't broken it hasn't been replaced or maintained, if it has broken, it's been patched up with a similar piece off a Honda Click by their mate. :D

Yep, if it ain't broke, dont fix it seems to be the Thai mantra. Of course there are exceptions to this rule for AP Honda. Sometimes it goes in with old oil, and leaves with no oil at all. What would that be? If it ain't broke, fix it until it is?

• 3 months later...

Not sure if it's been posted here, but I recently dicovered this site: http://www.k-speed.net They have a lot of aftermarket stuff for the Er6n/Ninja650 of all years. They even have locally made full exhaust systems for the 2012-on models (welded system so you can't use a slip on like 2009-2011) they sell them for as little as 7500B, which is great because if you want one from one of the big companies they start at around 25k baht. They also sell sport bars for 850B compared to 7500B from a place like ninja650shop.com.

Er6n/Ninja650 section ---> http://www.k-speed.n...oduct_838177_en

spd_20120913235143_b.jpg

spd_20120913231425_b.jpg

spd_20120913231511_b.jpg

spd_2012112781408_b.jpg

Edited by NomadJoe
  • Like 2

Think i posted something a while back about these exhausts, they look great and sound just as good as the big players.

Great price but i have heard about fitting issues of the downpipes, nothing that a little heat and sharp jerk didn't sort out....

I was seriously considering getting this model

post-59428-0-97633600-1355143541_thumb.j i was interested in this one mainly due to it being mostly constructed from something other than Carbon. Carbon exhaust from Leo Vince, Two brothers and Yoshi have been known to rattle loose at the rivets and blow apart, if caught in time the exhausts can be re-riveted (like my Leo Vince under body)

I wouldn't waste my money with their full carbon slip-ons based on the fact the better manufacturers have issues with the exhaust pulses of this particular engine post-59428-0-54750500-1355143543_thumb.jpost-59428-0-19526100-1355143545_thumb.jpost-59428-0-47583400-1355143652_thumb.jpost-59428-0-06324300-1355143680_thumb.jpost-59428-0-63844400-1355143681_thumb.j

• 2 months later...

Does anyone know where in Thailand one can get sports bars for the 2012-13 N650? Something similar to the ones sold by ninjs650shop but not 10,000B after shipping and taxes.

Found a new shop in Phuket today so I'll answer my own question. The Bike Saloon on the weekend market road has tons of aftermarket stuff, both cheap Thai and Chinese stuff and the real stuff at real prices. There tec is a tec at Kawasaki so he knows his stuff. They are from Bangkok so likely shops there too.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's my 2012 Ninja 650.

I just fitted a single seat cowl, it's amazing how much better the bike looks
without that sofa pillion seat on the rear biggrin.png

She's never going to be a proper sport bike but there's no harm in subtly modding
her to look a little better.

post-59428-0-71271200-1363677959_thumb.jpost-59428-0-66556800-1363677964_thumb.jpost-59428-0-93995500-1363677972_thumb.jpost-59428-0-02364900-1363677981_thumb.jpost-59428-0-86656500-1363677988_thumb.j

• Like 2

Here's my 2012 Ninja 650.

I just fitted a single seat cowl, it's amazing how much better the bike looks

without that sofa pillion seat on the rear biggrin.png

She's never going to be a proper sport bike but there's no harm in subtly modding

her to look a little better.

attachicon.gifDSC_4539 resized.jpgattachicon.gifDSC_4542 resized.jpgattachicon.gifDSC_4543 resized.jpgattachicon.gifDSC_4544 resized.jpgattachicon.gifDSC_4545 resized.jpg

ready for the track! looks cool man.

• Like 1

The girl at the Bike Saloon gave me this website. They can order anything off of it with no markup. Lots of great accessories for many types of bikes in Thailand, including sport bars I have been looking for. 4700B including bar ends.

http://www.bikers.co.th/

Their FB page. http://www.facebook.com/bikesaloon

produce_820_1.jpg

produce_820_2.jpg

produce_828_16.jpg

Capture-9.jpg

produce_828_15.jpg

We are an authorized Bikers dealer here at Sumet. Being an authorized dealer allows us to offer the lowest prices. Orders over 3000 baht receive a 3% discount. Orders over 5,000 baht receive a 3% discount and free shipping. Parts available for Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, and Suzuki. Send a PM if interested.

• Like 1

^ Looks nice, Joe. The stock bars allow for a more upright seating position, don't they?

Yes, but far too much in my opinion. If a rider wants that position, they can get a Versys. To me the bike feels totally out of balance with the stock bars, and the wind buffets my helmet far to much. The sport bars come no where near the level of a ZX-6, but perhaps half way between stock Ninja650 and stock ZX-6 height.

Yes, but far too much in my opinion. If a rider wants that position, they can get a Versys. To me the bike feels totally out of balance with the stock bars, and the wind buffets my helmet far to much. The sport bars come no where near the level of a ZX-6, but perhaps half way between stock Ninja650 and stock ZX-6 height.

+1 I always wondered about those/that stock bar

seemed very out of place on that bike. More like a MX bar

Those biker clip ons you have could probably also be reversed/flipped over?

Does look like you still have a lot of room to spare between the fairing & bar ends.

Would it be too much? Hard to tell from the pics.

+1 I always wondered about those/that stock bar

seemed very out of place on that bike. More like a MX bar

Those biker clip ons you have could probably also be reversed/flipped over?

Does look like you still have a lot of room to spare between the fairing & bar ends.

Would it be too much? Hard to tell from the pics.

No you couldn't turn them upside down. Not near enough room. However, the kit comes with a shock extender for each tube, but the instructions show you have the option of using the extenders then mounting the bars to them, or just lower the top set and making the top of the shock tubes extend upwards, then attach the bars to that. I have used the tube extender in the photos above, so they can be lower than they are. I will try to remember to scan the instructions tomorrow.

A cool product again from bikers. I really like their designs. But yes, bars look so inward to the tank to me too.

I agree. Since this photo I have moved them out two hash marks according to the centering marks on the center plate. The bar ends were hitting the tank and I already have two small scratches from them. I am trying to recreate the location of the sports bare from Ninja650shop, but am not there yet. One nice feature about this kit is they are adjustable in every direction, even grip angle.

Edited by NomadJoe

whatever it is, bars look really cool nomad.

when i first sat on a er6n, i feel like i am riding a horse, so upright and there was a really weird twist on the stock handle bars, not so comfy and you do not feel connected.

Even a 200 k honda cbr500 has some clip ons so i hope kawa put some nice clip ons too especially for er6f soon.

@Nomadjoe

It looks like you had to lower the tripples by a good inch or two..... How does it handle with such a huge drop at the front? smile.png

It only looks that way because the kit comes with 2inch shock tube extenders. The triples only needed to be moved down 12mm according to the instructions. I assume this must be done so that bars can clip at least partially directly to the tubes or else they could twist the tube extenders off. Ill try to remember to scan the directions and then it will make sense. You can see the extenders in the first two pics

i posted here : http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/472006-2012-ninja-650r-first-look/page-10#entry6210719

Edited by NomadJoe
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

@Nomadjoe

It looks like you had to lower the tripples by a good inch or two..... How does it handle with such a huge drop at the front? smile.png

It only looks that way because the kit comes with 2inch shock tube extenders. The triples only needed to be moved down 12mm according to the instructions. I assume this must be done so that bars can clip at least partially directly to the tubes or else they could twist the tube extenders off. Ill try to remember to scan the directions and then it will make sense. You can see the extenders in the first two pics

i posted here : http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/472006-2012-ninja-650r-first-look/page-10#entry6210719

Late addition to this topic but,

I just added some Mazirano clip-ons to my N250

Like you mentioned these also needed your forks to be slid up about 12mm to give full bite

to the clip on clamps. These do not have a tube extender like the ones you bought

Answering Karlos earlier comment when you drop a bikes tubes into the triple clamp any amount you do in fact

quicken/steepen the steering which is why I was a little leery about this being roughly 12mm drop also.

That is quite a bit actually for this type of adjustment

Quick test ride today revealed yes geometry has changed a bit & will take a bit of getting use to it.

Not sure I like it yet

If not I will change back to stock bars & get some wood craft clip ons

Need more testing as I also just changed to rearsets & that has changed position/weighting etc. so maybe just more time

to adjust a bit.