Sending Aud Tt To Bangkok Bank

OK – Bangkok Bank operates really tight security, I know because I accidently collided with it twice. Once on a mobile phone issue (I am not based in Thailand and made a mistake with a disposable Thai SIM card), and secondly a change happened internally to Bangkok Bank on increasing security for internet banking fund transfers. So when I came to use the account in anger I had to rethink.

Ian helped me with both issues.

Ian will REFUSE to take your bank details this would be handled by a lady at BBL via a BBL email address.

Let me assure you that your name is useless as a mechanism of fraud unless of course you are on the wanted list, which does not count.

What I did caused security exceptions within the Bank, I am not really allowed to do that again, unless of course something goes really seriously wrong. However I have a better understanding now.

Because I helped Ian with some issues regarding Bangkok Bank's correspondent branch in London I did actually meet up with Ian at my Thai home at The Park Chidlom – he is what he says he is.

For the OP yes transfer in AUD and let Bangkok Bank make the convertion.

Unfortunately there is no correspondent Bangkok Bank branch in Australia to point you at

http://www.bangkokbank.com/Bangkok%20Bank/Personal%20Banking/Transfering%20Funds/Transferring%20into%20Thailand/Pages/Transferring%20into%20Thailand.aspx

Thailand is not the epicentre for FX trading – as such in general you get the best rates here (in Thailand) – but I would add a caveat – all things change, keep an eye on it – but for the moment transfer your local currency and let Bangkok Bank handle it.

For the OP check the fees charged by the UK's and US's correspondent branches for transfers – they are pretty good and I have used the service from the UK.

Edited by pkrv

My sincere thanks to the three posters for your kind words

While I have no problem with this other person choosing not to deal with me, I want to ensure that others are not discouraged from reaching out. I am in a very fortunate position and hope to be able to make things easier for expat or Thai customers on this forum who may be unused to the system here and\or experiencing frustrations and problems

Thanks again. As noted, customers even help us in understanding how we can improve our services so this is a win win situation

Why do you want to send an Audi TT to the bank??? Could you not drive it there? That's a really nice car, and quite expensive here in Thailand....

That was a terrible joke - but made me laugh

Edited by pkrv

can i respond to charlie h and flying,i am sorry if what i have posted has caused some ill feeling towards ian but i was asked for my name and account details in a pm.if i cant sort it out at branch level that will be the end of it,i still think i have been ripped off,so until i am proved wrong i will continue to think this,if i am proven wrong i will make an apologie. the money has gone so i will let my feet do the talking,it is not hard to find out anytime on tues7/6 did the t.t.rate hit 49.14 for sterling.once again i apologies if anyone has found me to be unreasonable.

According to the Bangkok Bank website foriegn exchange rate page, if you adjust the date to the 7th June you will see that the prevailing rate (TT) at 08.30 am for Sterling was in fact 49.14

here is the link: http://www.bangkokba...es/Default.aspx

Edited by CharlieH

thanks for that charlie i did post a reply but for some reason its not showing,i did check historic rates for tues 7/6 yesterday and at 8.30am the rate was 49.37,also at 14.50pm the rate was 49.37,but i checked today and discovered that bangkok banks website was down so maybe none of the staff new this.anyway first i must apologies to bkb for saying you ripped me off,why couldnt someone from head office tell me this when i contacted them weds.but it took a t.v.member to do their work for them ,but its strange that out of 5banks i checked bkb was the lowest if 49.14 is correct ,normally bkb is always better,they were on monday,wednesday,i havent checked today only bkb 49.48am.so thanks once again.

Thanks for your voluntary help,

Just Ian's tip of sending it direct should save me 24,000b in bank fee's from my personal experience last month not putting this demand on the routing. A big thumbs up.

Out of my closest 6 banks, BKK Bank is the only one with an English speaking staff member. Their exchange rates are also the best, well, best of the local banks anyway.

(Referring to money changers not foreign banks).

Yes, it would be cheaper for me to fly to oz, and bring cash, declaring it out of oz is all ok, but I would be scared shit less of being "finned" by corrupt customs officials in Thailand, for maybe tieing my shoe laces the wrong way, combing my hair on the wrong side, or what ever reason these thieving officers come up with, that's my experience with them anyway.

Thanks again

June rolleyes.gif