Where To Buy Second Hand Modified Cars ?

Is it getter to get one privately through rcweb.net, than a used car dealer? Some on rcweb look in good condition, but wonder if a better deal can be had there than through a dealer. Was thinking of a second hand civic, b16, b18 etc.

It took me 5 min to find the sales forum on that website but the prices are cheaper than online dealers.

Of course. The quality of the car is the same, but no 'tent' mark up. 2nd hand dealers are called tents here.

You get no warranty worth anything at the tents.

Don't know what era of car your after but I found my 77 Mazda RX3 on www.bangkokclassiccar.com there's abit of everything on there.

Good luck with your hunting.

what is a tidy old rx3 worth in thailand?

seems they are about 250 000 baht here in NZ $10 000

Don't know what era of car your after but I found my 77 Mazda RX3 on www.bangkokclassiccar.com there's abit of everything on there.

Don't get anything on that address but a domain name reservation, is there something missing?

Kia Ora

I paid 300k in Bangkok for mine, has a Series 6 RX 7 13b,body had been done, but had been butchered underneath as previous owner had really slammed it, looked cool but a pig to drive.

Have done abit of work so far abit of welding, new diff with discs, front end from a Cefiro/ power steering, custom coil overs, single turbo conversion, apexi ecu and an after market aircon unit. Owes me abit more than that now and haven't even started porting and toughening up the running gear. Putting out about 350 now as is.

They are quite popular with the retro crowd here in LOS with some nice examples original as.

But going by the boys on Rotahavik/Trade Me the prices are similar if they've been modified just the labour charges here are alot cheaper if doing it from scratch.

Hope it answered your question.

Cheers

Pakuranga Auckld

Don't get anything on that address but a domain name reservation, is there something missing?

Just typed it in the browser same as above and it worked.

you do have to enter the site though.

Kia Ora

I paid 300k in Bangkok for mine, has a Series 6 RX 7 13b,body had been done, but had been butchered underneath as previous owner had really slammed it, looked cool but a pig to drive.

Have done abit of work so far abit of welding, new diff with discs, front end from a Cefiro/ power steering, custom coil overs, single turbo conversion, apexi ecu and an after market aircon unit. Owes me abit more than that now and haven't even started porting and toughening up the running gear. Putting out about 350 now as is.

They are quite popular with the retro crowd here in LOS with some nice examples original as.

But going by the boys on Rotahavik/Trade Me the prices are similar if they've been modified just the labour charges here are alot cheaper if doing it from scratch.

Cheers

Pakuranga Auckld

What?? 350 Hp from a 13b without even bridge porting it yet?? Sorry but I call BS, I'd like to see some dyno numbers for that one, the 3 rotor Renesis only puts out 250 stock though it's potential is around what you're mentioning but again it's a 3 rotor and much larger engine..

I finally got in, strange though it didn't want to go to that site kept going to a domain name reservation site, I had to go from different directions but I don't see any classifieds there and the site is very hard to navigate..

Kia Ora

Cheers

Pakuranga Auckld

What?? 350 Hp from a 13b without even bridge porting it yet?? Sorry but I call BS, I'd like to see some dyno numbers for that one, the 3 rotor Renesis only puts out 250 stock though it's potential is around what you're mentioning but again it's a 3 rotor and much larger engine..

Haven't dynoed it as yet as it's not 100% complete.The 350 is an estimate going by the mods that have been done already.Not planning on bridge porting thinking an extended port will be more than enough.

But here's a link showing what can be pulled out of a 13B with out porting, can't find the link that gives arun down on mods and expected power gains but once am on my own computer I will post it for you.

http://www.rx7club.com/showthread.php?t=197651 B)

Kia Ora

Cheers

Pakuranga Auckld

Haven't dynoed it as yet as it's not 100% complete.The 350 is an estimate going by the mods that have been done already.Not planning on bridge porting thinking an extended port will be more than enough.

But here's a link showing what can be pulled out of a 13B with out porting, can't find the link that gives arun down on mods and expected power gains but once am on my own computer I will post it for you.

http://www.rx7club.com/showthread.php?t=197651 B)

I finally got in, strange though it didn't want to go to that site kept going to a domain name reservation site, I had to go from different directions but I don't see any classifieds there and the site is very hard to navigate..

Try copy and pasting the address to google translate.

Try copy and pasting the address to google translate.

I have Google chrome which works for basic info but not for something this technical and it's too complicated and time consuming for general browsing.. JFYI what you get for Hp on a website and what ACTUALLY is produced on a dyno are 2 completely different things.

I've asked a diesel head builder in the UK for specs on their claims of producing 350 hp on one of their 16v VW performance heads and while the heads are artwork in their preparation and flow bench tested, they claim it was tested on another diesel, not by them and have no idea what other internal changes, turbo boost or even turbo inlet or sizing is yet tehy take the results second hand for their own PR.

That makes me very suspicious of their claims as like with so many other engine tuners it's dubious.. There is a guy in the Uk though that races Mazdas and drifts too and he produced over 350 hp on a 13b (kinda) but it still takes 3 rotors by beginning with a 13b and adding a rotor in the center. Other then that I haven't seen anything credible about getting 350 hp from a 13b without even bridge porting it and even still.. Trust me if it could be done I'd be running one in Super 2000 in Super car Thailand in a front wheel drive configuration and kicking a$$. I've done masses of research and all fall far short of what I need without going to a 20b and there's no room for that under the hood with the trans axle in the car I want to use..