We Don't Need Another Round Of Illegal Killings; War On Drugs

webfact

There are always more players than needed, but the rich Thais don't take Jaba, they snore coke. Jaba is a drug made from poor people for poor people.

Umm..your'e mixing stuff up. You introduced the (arguably irrelavant) topic of the CIA's participation in the Opium/Heroin trade in SEA decades ago. I was clearly referring to that.

That, as far as I can tell has little or nothing to do with Ya Ba or which sector of the Thai populace consumes it. And as far as the producers being poor...might want to rethink that one.

My point being is that the Thais were also using more of it because more and more GI's were addicted.

No, the addiction of GIs was not the reason for Thai consumption. That makes no sense.

...it's a fact that all shit from the States swapped to Europe, including crack.

I think if you do a bit of reading of the relevant history, you'll find the traffic has gone the other way as well. (I'm afraid it's simply not the case the the rest of the world is innocent -- or would be were it not for the US....smile.gif)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Call for observers in the case of torture and murder of Kiettisak Thitboonkrong

ASIAN HUMAN RIGHTS COMMISSION - URGENT APPEALS PROGRAMME

The Asian Human Rights Commission (AHRC) has received updated information regarding the case of Kiettisak Thitboonkrong that on 7 June 2011 at 9 am at the Criminal Court in Bangkok, the witness hearings of the defendant will continue in the case of Mr. Kiettisak Thitboonkrong, who was one of the 28 victims of the Kalasin Killings. This is the first case in which the DSI has charged police for the murders that characterised the notorious 'war on drugs' and its aftermath in Kalasin. Close observation would offer valuable support to the victims' relatives and the case witnesses. The Asian Human Rights Commission (AHRC) urges all concerned persons to attend the court as observers, and calls on other interested persons to follow the case closely.

On 16 July 2004, Mr. Kiettisak Thitboonkrong, age 17, was arrested by the police in Kalasin province on charges of allegedly stealing a motorcycle. When his family heard this news, they went to the police station and attempted to talk to him. After returning multiple times, his grandmother was allowed to witness his interrogation on 22 July 2004 and told to wait for him to be bailed out (the guarantor was a municipal officer) later that day. But Mr. Kiettisak never came home. A few days later, his mangled body was found in a neighboring province.

At the urging of the relatives of Mr. Kiettisak, the Department of Special Investigation (DSI) in the Ministry of Justice began investigating his death in 2005, spent three years investigating his death. On 18 May 2009, six police officers were charged with premeditated murder and with concealing Mr. Kiettisak's corpse to hide the cause of death (an image of the body can be found here, but please be warned that it is graphic). Because this case was investigated under the Special Investigation Act it was sent to the Criminal Court in Bangkok. The public prosecutor is conducting the case.

Continues:

http://www.humanrights.asia/news/urgent-appeals/AHRC-UAU-029-2011

Asian Human Rights Commission - June 6, 2011

Edited by Buchholz

Thirty five years ago nearly every taxi driver in Bangkok asked you if you wanted to buy heroin. It was the drug of choice and was smuggled out of Thailand to Europe and the West on a daily basis from Don Muang. Now the drugs are being smuggled into Thailand to be sold to foreigners, not Thais.

Now the drugs are being smuggled into Thailand to be sold to foreigners, not Thais.

Wow - that is astonishingly inaccurate. Almost hard to believe you could possibly be serious. (But it's not the first time I've seen you claim something so completely off).

Ah, forgot mention:

Thirty five years ago nearly every taxi driver in Bangkok asked you if you wanted to buy heroin.

30 years ago, in over 15 months of using taxis, not once was I asked. Quite a rapid decrease, apparently.

EDIT for Format

Edited by SteeleJoe

This case shows the police not as protectors, but as perpetrators of violence in which human rights are negated, especially the right to life.

Bears posting as one of the best lines from the link in Post # 63.

The "Kalasin Killings" cases, during the reign of terror known as the Drug War, coming to court offer a glimmer of possibility for at least some justice for this horrific time.

Thirty five years ago nearly every taxi driver in Bangkok asked you if you wanted to buy heroin. It was the drug of choice and was smuggled out of Thailand to Europe and the West on a daily basis from Don Muang. Now the drugs are being smuggled into Thailand to be sold to foreigners, not Thais.

It is pretty much amazing how they eradicated heroin in Thailand given it used to be one of the worlds major producers and still is in neighboring countries. Ganja and Yaba seems to be the main drugs of choice for Thais but I don't think the percentage of users come ANY NEAR close to the number of users of weed and speed in the western world. And lets face it, weed is CONSIDERABLY less dangerous & damaging to society and the user than alcohol or tobacco.

Oh, and it is my understanding that getting rid of heroin was more about curbing the supply, by giving incentive for the hill farmers to grow other cash crops, and treating the addicts as well as educating (scaring) the public about its use.

Oh, and it is my understanding that getting rid of heroin was more about curbing the supply, by giving incentive for the hill farmers to grow other cash crops, and treating the addicts as well as educating (scaring) the public about its use.

Let's not forget, among other things (not least among them, worldwide trends in terms of drug use), considerable carrot and stick from the US (eg major efforts in terms of personnel, funds. intelligence and other resources from the DEA, withholding of MASSIVE amounts of aid etc) and other western countries. There was little will to curb it in absence of all that. Because there was little benefit and great loss in doing so. (Hundreds of millions of dollars were made in this country from that business. In many cases by some very big people.)

But they certainly never eradicated heroin in Thailand. Not then, not now.

Edited by SteeleJoe

Oh yes we do, this really puts the fear of God into their minds, Thaksin had the right answer, and cleaned it up for awhile, till this Government over ran the country, illeagally :jap: [/size]

Cheerleading the wanton slaughter of 1,000's of innocent people without a single conviction whatsoever.

Charming. <_<

Oh yes we do, this really puts the fear of God into their minds, Thaksin had the right answer, and cleaned it up for awhile, till this Government over ran the country, illeagally :jap:

Don't feed the troll.