Gyms Near Bts Stations - Do You Know Of Any?

ThaiBound81

Hi All,

I know, I know...there's been countless threads about gyms on here, but after spending hours reading through them I still can't find exactly what I'm looking for. I can assure you I've done more than thorough research. Really hoping to get some help here. I'm finding an apartment near a BTS station soon in Bangkok, and would like to first prepare a list of gyms to go and look at which are near BTS stations. If I find a gym I like, I'll then look for an apartment near there as well. I thought I had it all figured out, and finally selected True Fitness in the Zen building at Central World near Siam BTS, only to find out it's closed and probably won't reopen until October/November the employee said when I called the Asok location. Not sure, but Siam area may be expensive to live in anyways which is not ideal.

I'm looking to live near a BTS station in between Ari and Siam on the Sukhumvit line, and would also consider National Stadium, Ratchadamri, and Sala Daeng on the Silom line if I really had to.

Looking to pay around 15,000/year or less. Reading many reviews on here about California Wow has left me with a bad image, but I was considering the one at Siam if anyone has any experiences there they'd like to share. Looked into Clark Hatch, but from their web site they appear to be very small and not quite what I'm looking for.

Thank you!

How far away from the BTS stations do you need the gym to be ? (I'm presuming walking distance or a short motorcycle ride) and what sort of gym are you looking for (i.e. mainly weight training with some cardio machines

or something similar to California and fitness first where they have lots of everything)

Have you tried the Asoke area.  There are at least 3 gyms (that I know of), and a fourth will be opeing wihen the new Terminal 21 mall opens next month, and all within easy walk of the Asoke BTS station.  

I can even see apartment for rent signs from the Asoke station too.  Plus you have easy access to the MRT as well.

Thanks for the replies! Ideally I'd be able to find a gym relatively close to a BTS station, say 5-10 minutes walking. I was hoping to find something big like California Wow or Fitness First so that I'd have lots of equipment to use and choose from, making it easy to switch up my workouts and find available equipment when it's crowded. I'm accustomed to working out in bigger gyms that do get crowded, but so many people have bashed California Wow in this forum I'm not sure what to make of it. Are the bad reviews really that accurate?

I did look at the Asoke area, but I think that's too far away from my workplace and where I want to live. I did see that California Wow, True Fitness, and Fitness First all have locations there though. As much as I enjoy working out and having a conveniently located gym, I'm afraid I do have to draw the line somewhere so that I'm also not forcing myself into a terrible work commute.

Thanks for the info about the gym at the Phayathai BTS. I will be looking into that now.

" I thought I had it all figured out, and finally selected True Fitness in the Zen building at Central World near Siam BTS"

There's a California Wow fitness center in the Siam Paragon mall, next to Central World.

True Fitness @ Exchange Tower ----> BTS Asok - connected directly in to the Building

California Wow @ Major Cineplex ---> BTS Ekkamai - about 50mtrs

Landmark Fitness @ Landmark Hotel ---> BTS Nana - about 100 mtrs walk

JW Marriott Fitness @ JW Marriott Hotel --> either BTS Nana or Ploenchit - about 300 mtrs

There are many others as mentioned, but these are the ones I know from the Sukhumvit Line.

California fitness on 4th floor of Siam Paragon mall ,you can get off at Siam station and walk directly to the mall. There is another California fitness in Silom area,get off at Saladeang station and walk a bit to Convent Road.