Academic To Press Charges Against Yingluck For Trying To Seek Amnesty For Thaksin

webfact

I am sure the other paper has all the info you dont want others to read, it's a bit more truthful. I think you know the paper.

So, she submitted a false statement, but because "she wasn't required to", they aren't following it through.

She also lied, but because she "wasn't under oath" (or what ever the term is in Thailand), they won't do anything.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am sure the other paper has all the info you dont want others to read, it's a bit more truthful. I think you know the paper.

So, she submitted a false statement, but because "she wasn't required to", they aren't following it through.

She also lied, but because she "wasn't under oath" (or what ever the term is in Thailand), they won't do anything.

Now ya got the picture.:clap2: No case to answer.:redcard2: I thought the Red Card was appropriate. Red's.

I didn't think she had a chance of winning this election, but some people and parties seem to be getting genuinely worried that she may win...

I am one that thinks she will go close to winning this election, along with Kaewsan Atiphoti, the guy that wants to file charges against her, because he is obviously worried that she has a chance.

Come on guys, even if PTP wins this election, does anyone even remotely think Yinluck has a snowballs chance in Hell of being Prime Minister... she is not exactly the ideal candidate for that job.. have any of you guys met her... talked with her... tried to have any type of conversation with her...

Unfortunately no. I have had passing interaction with several members of that family, but never Yingluck. I will say all of the Shiniwatra clan do appear to be rather intelligent, although their English could use some work. Without the all the assistants they have to help them with their overseas studies I doubt any of them would do very well. Still, English is not a critical for politics in Thailand. My perception though is that Thaksin himself is the only one of the family that is truly evil. The rest of the clan seem more reasonable. From what I have heard of Yingluck though from people who do know her personally is that she is actually much too polite to hold any chance in a debate. They claim she isn't nearly as arrogant as her clone.

However, I think she could be PM, yes. In fact, I believe it rather likely. I just don't think she'll last long, as the amnesty thing is going to be her downfall. She'll have no choice but to pursue it, evil brother demands it after all. But it is a battle that can't be won.

SEC Securities and Exchange commission said it's cases against Yingluck had finished and were over.

They found nothing wrong. I think she is having the last laugh now.

http://www.nationmul...C-30157681.html

She will be the flavour of the month now, this guy shot himself in the foot as did a few on this thread.

If you insist in posting the same misinterpretation in two topics, let me post my reply in each as well:

As far as I understand the English language article, the SEC says "The Securities and Exchange Commission has insisted that its proceedings against Yingluck Shinawatra for her involvement in the Shin Corporation Plc's share scandal, is final and over." Note the 'it's proceedings are final and over'.

In even plainer English TAN Network says

"SEC: Yingluck Did Not Violate Securities Law Despite Committing Perjury

UPDATE : 13 June 2011

The Securities and Exchange Commission, or SEC, has announced that, despite committing perjury while testifying during her brother's assets concealment case, Yingluck Shinawatra did not violate the 1992 Securities and Stock Exchange Law"

http://www.tannetwor...?DataID=1044800

Luckily lots of Thai don't read these English language newsflashes

TAN belongs to Sondhi, for this kind of desinformation, Thais have Manager and ASTV.

You didn't expect us to believe it was an independent and trustworthy source of information, did you ?

TAN belongs to Sondhi, for this kind of desinformation, Thais have Manager and ASTV.

You didn't expect us to believe it was an independent and trustworthy source of information, did you ?

You should inform forum's Admin so they will stop using it for Admin's posts.

[tan][/tan]

^ Actually, on my screen, there is an advertisement for the TAN network just below your post.

I think they are aware of who they're dealing with wink.gif.

I put the TAN Network logo under my post to demonstrate it's an approved news source.

If when posting, you click the down arrow on the "Other styles" option, a list is provided.

If you disagree with their selection, you should inform them of your dissatisfaction and demand its removal.

As I said, it's a commercial arrangement. TV is a commercial venture. We don't pay to use their services, they should get the money somewhere ....

TAN is so ridiculously biased that only the Sondhi's boys (and girls, sorry Rubi) can take seriously what is published there.

As I said, it's a commercial arrangement. TV is a commercial venture. We don't pay to use their services, they should get the money somewhere ....

So you are saying Thaivisa gets money from the TAN Network and the other news sources?

I don't think that's the situation at all.

Even if TAN is part of the Sondi, how does that take away from the facts of the case?

Yingluck filed a report with SEC which stated she was not a nominee for brother in owning 20 million shares in Shin corp. She stated she sold the shares and did not pass the money to her brother, but she had no evidence that showed she ever had the money or had spent it. (the SEC has proof the money was deposited in the SCB accounts along with all the other proceeds of the sale)

The SEC ruled that indeed Thaksin had concealed his control of Shin Corp while PM and had benefited from the sale and his relatives were used as nominees.

They now have ruled that Yingluck did not have to file a report with them because her holdings were less then 5% of the total and therefore it did not matter what the report said.

Do you dispute any of those facts just because TAN was used as the media that published them?

TH