Copper Piping

Willeyeam

Hi,

does anyone know of anywhere that can supply copper water pipe in Chiang Mai or around that area, Lamphun, Lampang etc.

I am looking for some 1/2", 1", 1 1/2" and 2" pipes and fittings.

Any advice would be appreciated. (Stainless Steel may also be an option)

Thanks.

Edited by Willeyeam

Yes, there is an outlet ib CNX that sell most copper piping & fittings, & one guy that works there & speaks a little English is very helpful.

If you are driving on the Super Highway, heading away from Huay Kaew Road, take the service road (as though further on you would be turning onto Mae Rim Road) & about 100m after leaving the Super Hwy the outlet is on your left.

I think the shop is mainly for aircon & refrigeration mechanics, & its well stocked

Yes, there is an outlet ib CNX that sell most copper piping & fittings, & one guy that works there & speaks a little English is very helpful.

If you are driving on the Super Highway, heading away from Huay Kaew Road, take the service road (as though further on you would be turning onto Mae Rim Road) & about 100m after leaving the Super Hwy the outlet is on your left.

I think the shop is mainly for aircon & refrigeration mechanics, & its well stocked

Thank you very much!

I will check it out, thanks for taking the trouble, appreciated!

Any chance you can give me a few more directions - I live 40KM out of CM on the Hod road and it is over 1 year since I visited the actual city.

If I was approaching CM on the 108 and then dipped down onto the Super Highway somewhere near to Saraphi or similar - coming in in that direction - where would I need to go?

Edited by Willeyeam

I don't want to throw a spanner in your wheels, but please understand that (if you want to use copper piping for (hot)-water transmission), thequality of copper-piping in Thailand is very poor indeed !

In fact; it is well-known that in addition to this poor quality, the soldering material used to connect pipes etc. contains a chemical which will eventually cause minuscule perforations in the actual pipes with obviously disastrous results.

There is a far better product in the market (and we've been installing this at many projects around Thailand for years) which performs far better and gives you complete peace-of-mind. Just PM me and I shall not only clue you in, but covert you.

I don't want to throw a spanner in your wheels, but please understand that (if you want to use copper piping for (hot)-water transmission), thequality of copper-piping in Thailand is very poor indeed !

In fact; it is well-known that in addition to this poor quality, the soldering material used to connect pipes etc. contains a chemical which will eventually cause minuscule perforations in the actual pipes with obviously disastrous results.

There is a far better product in the market (and we've been installing this at many projects around Thailand for years) which performs far better and gives you complete peace-of-mind. Just PM me and I shall not only clue you in, but covert you.

CPVC by chance? If so, excellent product and simple to install.

Will,

The easiest way for you to find the outlet I refered to b4 is stay on Hwy 108 until you reach Airport Plaza. Do a dogleg under the underpass & head for the SW corner of the moat, then continue straight on until you come to the NW corner. Turn left, as this is the start of Huay Kaew Road (that lead to Doi Suthep). About 2kms up Huay Kaew there is a major 4 way intersection. Turn right here & your on the start of the Super Highway (& the start of my direction in my previous post).

Good luck