True Vision Second Box

nellyp

I had decided that as I was having true fitted that I would have it in my boys bedroom as well. It now turns out that I will need to pay an extra 2,000 for the box (fair enough), but that i will also need to pay an extra 500 baht a month extra to receive the signal to te house. is this correct? are there any other ways to do this, and be able to watch 2 TVs with different channels? I could run a cable myself to get the same channels on 2 tvs but mt son would like to watch power rangers and i would like to watch sport.

Any info appreciated

Cheers.

Yeah pretty much common sense really, works the same way in every country I know of that has cable or satellite and has since it originated over 30 years ago..

Edited by WarpSpeed

amazingly the info you need is here...

http://www.truevisionstv.com/service.aspx?id=110

Unfortunately I cannot read Thai. I did find a true website in English before; but my searches are not finding it at the moment. As the installation is supposed to happen this morning I felt this forum might help me quickly. I thank you for your reply.

Yeah pretty much common sense really, works the same way in every country I know of that has cable or satellite and has since it originated over 30 years ago..

I agree it is, I suppose, common sense. But in the UK I had HD Satellite in my lounge and a normal box in the bedroom. I thought that I had sky on both as they were both fed off the dish. I suppose the channels could have been free view though, I just can't remember. But thank you for the reply

I looked into this about 6 months ago and the price was astronomical. The wife just checked the internet and called, here is the info for a second box for Platinum.

If you want to have 2 boxes and watch seperate channels at the same time:

3000 Baht one time purchase/gurantee?

437.63 Baht per month on top of your monthly payment now

If you just want a second box and watch the same channel (convenience only of not moving box to another room):

Go to Truevision on Pattaya Klang and purchase box (they don't know how much), no gurantees, no different channels.

Hope this helps and I am sure there are diferent interpretations especially when it comes time to pay.

Edited by ACMIKE

http://www.truevisio...ice.aspx?id=110

Unfortunately I cannot read Thai. I did find a true website in English before; but my searches are not finding it at the moment. As the installation is supposed to happen this morning I felt this forum might help me quickly. I thank you for your reply.

Mate... go to the bottom of that screen and click on the 'English' icon........ then it's in English.... Then click on a package and it has the info at the bottom right hand side. 'additional service point'

If what ACMIKE said is correct it looks like they have 2 prices for 2nd boxes..wonder why?

Edited by thaicbr

I have 2 truevision boxes in my house and mine has "gold package" for the usual 1500 baht + 115 box rental per month and the one in my daughters room has the same package for around 280 baht + 115 box rental. It works the same as in the UK with Sky were if you rent a second box you get the same package at a much reduced rental fee. Of course you have to pay for the boxes (2000 baht, sometimes they have offers at 1000 baht) this is just a deposit for the box which is returnable.

Call two times, 2 different answers, 3 times, 3 different answers, etc. etc.

I will head to the office on Pattaya Klang in the next few days and see what it really costs.....at least at the moment I am there.

I have 2 receivers. The monthly is the same for HD and regular, only the deposit is higher for HD.

I think it's 200 or 400 extra for the second box, per month. However, it can be negotiated down if you complain enough. It works like this: Don't pay the bill. When they call you, tell them you're thinking about getting out because the monthly is too high (ridiculous 2,200 for me, with 1x HD, and 1x standard extra box, Gold package). Then a friendly man will call you back and offer you to get a special promotion for 3 months where you only pay 1600 for the whole deal.

The problem is you need to remember that this promotion runs out every 3 months, and call in to renew it. Otherwise you're back on your expensive package again for 1 or 2 months until you notice and call in. This is how they got me to pay the regular price last month... :(

BTW as for the above - I am sure if you just call in and complain about the monthly bill you'll also eventually get offered the promotion. No need to wait and not pay the bill, just the way I found out about it.

Mate... go to the bottom of that screen and click on the 'English' icon........ then it's in English.... Then click on a package and it has the info at the bottom right hand side. 'additional service point'

If what ACMIKE said is correct it looks like they have 2 prices for 2nd boxes..wonder why?

Thank you. You have made my life easier.if only to see what is on. I am obviously dull as i thouightr I had looked all over the page for an English icon. I think it is because I was looking for a flag.

Cheers

Thank you. You have made my life easier.if only to see what is on. I am obviously dull as i thouightr I had looked all over the page for an English icon. I think it is because I was looking for a flag.

Cheers

No problems.. True websites are crap. They seem to dislike the farang intensely. True mobile is even worse.................................

What if I want two tv's one on True Platinum, and the other on broadcast TV, but being able to switch back and forth. In other words, sometimes my living room tv would be on True and the bedroom on broadcast, and other times the reverse. Are their switch boxes or whatever which will handle that?