Fatboy Slim

geomag

Hi,

Does anyone know what time Fatboy Slim will be playing on Friday and what time the event is on until? I know doors open at 7, but I don't really want to get there to watch a warm up for hours if he's not going to be on until midnight.

Cheers

My Mrs bought tickets and yes, they say doors open at 7pm. She also said that there are two Thai bands playing. Not sure how long to spend drinking beer before heading to Paragon...

Thaitanium are playing before.

Personally, I don't think that the Royal Hall at Paragon is not appropriate for this type of event.

I was there last month for Herbie Hancock... but that's a different vibe!

Anyway I will not attend it, but I am expecting some late phone calls on Friday night... Just in case an after party is happening somewhere. B)

Edited by lazygourmet

Didn't even know Paragon had events like this, curious if there is a website with upcoming shows there or is it all thaiticketmajor?

How much were the tickets btw and lazygourmet, how did you like the venue otherwise?

Didn't even know Paragon had events like this, curious if there is a website with upcoming shows there or is it all thaiticketmajor?

How much were the tickets btw and lazygourmet, how did you like the venue otherwise?

I paid 1500 for Herbie Hancock

Otherwise, I've been there several times for classical concerts and theater performances, for which I found the "hall" more appropriate.

For Fatboy Slim on Friday, my wife bought tickets for 1,500 THB for two. Not sure where she bought them though.

Edited by jamora

Thaiticketmajor are selling the tickets. They can be bought online and picked up at the door or from their outlet at Central Chit Lom (not sure if they have any others). Do the doors definitely close at midnight? It hardly seems worth the effort! Where's everyone heading to afterwards? I take it fatboy will be on at around 10ish if there's a couple of warm up acts. If anyone hears for definite or mild rumours please post.

For Fatboy Slim on Friday, my wife bought tickets for 1,500 THB for two. Not sure where she bought them though.

It doesn't look like it's in the main theatre itself but in an exhibition hall. Anyway most of the carling/o2 academies in the uk are housed in old theatres and dance acts/djs work ok in those.

Just for info, you get a 30% discount on tickets if you pay with the SCB Platinum Visa card. Just got three for THB 3'150 over lunch. And the event is sponsored by Chang, so beer should not be an issue ;)

My Mrs bought tickets and yes, they say doors open at 7pm. She also said that there are two Thai bands playing. Not sure how long to spend drinking beer before heading to Paragon...

just checked fat boys website out ,looks like hes there from 8pm til unknown it says,so maybe he playing it by ear ....hmmmm

This gig was terrible, as usual the event organisers total screwed up serving drinks (how come they never ever seem to get that right here for any of the gigs Ive been to??) only had 2 tiny booths selling cans of Chang and of course totally sold out so they had to go buy more which were of course not chilled, after that HUGE queues at the booths.

I forgot about the closing time of Paragorn and got there at 9.45 expecting to arrive just before he came on, he was already playing, crowd was dull and mainly seemed to be full of posers who were just there cos of his name.

Deadmau5 was waaaaaaaaay better and only cost half the price.ermm.gif

Was there anyone who went that can explain the difference between the different priced tickets?? i.e was the 'A' area really worth it?

LOL not surprised at ALL that the drinks were not managed properly. 1,000,000,000 baht spend on promotion and 50 baht per hour for 2 bartenders... makes sense right? :P

The selling of drinks would have been down to Chang (the sponsor) rather than the promoter.

I agree that they most always get it wrong with drink sales...they don't seem to understand that a farang crowd will drink LOTS OF BEER...whatever brand is available.