Water Filtration Recommendations

engrin

We just moved into a 1-story apartment and our water smells bad and is yellow at a close inspection. The landlord says his house uses the same water supply and is fine. He said it is because the apartment/piping is new and that is why it smells I dont believe him and I can understand if he doesn't want to buy us a filter. Anyway, I prefer to buy some sort of filtration system to get the yellow crap and smell out. After showering, I feel sticky. Not a nice feeling. I'm looking for recommendations for a low-end filtration system that will get the yellow and smell out of there. I've heard there are systems available for 2-3,000 baht? We don't use a lot of water and we wont be drinking it either. Thanks for all advice.

Homeworks or Homepro sell them.

You can get a blue 'box' type filter that you fit inline on your supply.

But do you have a water tank? Maybe it's that that needs cleaning out?

Edit: this one is not blue but it's the sort I mean

post-51760-0-81225200-1307428567_thumb.j

http://www.clartethailand.com/en/water-purifier/stardard-type-2-5-filtation-system

Mazuma is the blue ones

http://www.mazuma.co.th/index_eng.html

Edited by PattayaParent

My wife just called mazuma. They said the small ones only provide enough pressure for drinking and cooking water. They said for bathing we would have to buy a 29000 baht machine. That's more than I want to spend!

Sounds nasty !! Get one of those water filter companies out to test the water ,it should not smell or have color, if your land lord says his is fine then tell him you want to change lines with him . More than likely it is coming from substandard water pumped from the well to a roof tank, then check the tank and more than likley you will need to flush and clean it.