Am I Twisted?

Belfastboy

Im beginning to wonder about what makes the average human happy...

but am i alone in saying that i love that Bangkok smell?..u know that smell of pollution in the air...i know i shudn't but i do love it....when i step foot outside don muang...the smell hits u and i take a deep breath and think....calm and happy thoughts...

am i weird? or is there anyone else enjoy the smell?? :o

but am i alone in saying that i love that Bangkok smell?..u know that smell of pollution in the air...i know i shudn't but i do love it....when i step foot outside don muang...the smell hits u and i take a deep breath and think....calm and happy thoughts...

am i weird? or is there anyone else enjoy the smell??  :o

you re not wried ... u will love my smell (better call scent)

Pla Rah !! :D:D

Its not the smell you like, its just the smell of Thailand. On stepping out of arrivals at don muang to the smell, heat, humidity is heaven scent. get me back there!

am i weird? or is there anyone else enjoy the smell??   :o

Its not the smell you like, its just the smell of Thailand. On stepping out of arrivals at don muang to the smell, heat, humidity is heaven scent. get me back there!

I was thinking the same thing. The instant I'm at the door to exit the plane on arrival in Thailand, there's a welcoming blast of heat, humidity and scents that tells me I'm back in Thailand again.

obviously u are not a brit and what i put here, just sacrasm

u re too smartttt indeeeed

PS.. i dont eat Pla rah !!

Bambi :D:o

am i weird? or is there anyone else enjoy the smell??   :D

I told you the other night you need to wash more often :D:o:D

But you sure go well with somtam Bambi :D

Belfastboy is right though, one of the biggest thrills I get is running the taxi/limo/do you need anything gauntlet only for the touts to see my daughter run up to me followed by my wife. Sorry guys, not a tourist :D

I'm not a tourist either so I often get immune to the feeling of the hot air touching my sun starved skin.

But I am reminded of this each time I visit England and I return.

ok ,  gimme a  chance  for this topic

i love the smell  of floor (or  field)  while raining

i love the  smell of  winter wind(even its still hot for farang)

Since Bambi has started sharing with us what smells she likes I'll join in too...

I like the smell of the jungle. The air in the jungle seems to caress my skin like velvet and leaves it's beautiful scent behind.

When the night kicks in I can almost sense it. My skin absorbs the cool breeze and the smell of the night has subtle tones of midnight stars.

Words can only describe so much.

Edit - Isn't the smell of rain also great? It's refreshing. My body awakens when I smell it.

Edited by Ice Maiden

Oh I can't wait to get back... all of you talking about the the Bangkok/Thailand smell and the humid air are spot on.. I love it... miss it so much.. even the stinky klongs, all part of the charm.

Is it because the air is so humid that the smells tend to linger more, and mix together and produce that characteristic aroma.. ?

totster :o

Edited by Totster

I wonder if it is the smell or the memories associated with smell.

spot on i think.........one of the highlights of my day is having a good pooh and when i get a whiff of an open drain i look forward to my next log :o

Errmmm.... ok.. :D

totster :D

add another point to my total!

Poster :D

spot on i think.........one of the highlights of my day is having a good pooh and when i get a whiff of an open drain i look forward to my next log :o

Oh dear... what a sad person.. :D

Oh dear... what a sad person.. :D

5000 one liners on here in 6 months is a greater indication of who is sadder :D

Plopster :D

5000 one liners on here in 6 months is a greater indication of who is sadder  :D

Plopster :D

Six months eh ? someone can't count then ?

oh.. and which TROLL were you before you got banned the last time ? :D

Surely you can't be :D

Oooo.. thanks for giving me a chance to up my post count again.. *rubs hands with glee* :D

totster :o

You have travelled by plane from Farangland to Bangkok, sitting next to some podgy person whose armpits have never enjoyed a good cake of soap, whose breath reeks of either stale tobacco or bad tooth decay, and finally you can get away from him, you get off the plane, go through customs, get to Ekamai bus station, find a comfortable seat about mid-way along the bus, only to have two guys, who have been eating prunes all their lives, emptying their bowels into the smelly bucket situated down those little steps inside the bus. :o

Welcome to the world of smells.

Give me the smell of fresh coffee brewing anyday.