Chanote Land 10 Km Within Cmai

Hi,

am looking for land approximately 300 talang wah. Preferably within 10km to Chiang Mai city. Was offer by an agent and quoted 4000/ wah with a chanote. Is this price reasonable ? Thanks for any inputs!!

I feel that it's a little Expensive, was thinking it should be around 2500-3000 Bht per talang wah. Hope some experts can advice.

Edited by sunnyhor

It's somewhere near the MaeJo area. Actually I can invest in something outer but it seems to far from the City where my in laws lived. If something between 600k Baht for a slightly more 200 wah, I still can consider. Anything more than that, I think I better buy a Moo Baan within 3-3.5 million Bht....but the downside is the land space is to small, it's around 88 Talang wah.

It depends. The price quoted to you is pretty inexpensive, but if it is a crappy area or low then maybe it is too expensive. You need to provide more details.

It's somewhere near the MaeJo area. Actually I can invest in something ....

Is that invest or spend?

I am just curious because i read that many times.

Most of the time money spend on something that you can not own 100% or depreciates in value (lease) is not called an investment.

The value of the land is therefore difficult to establish. Between invest and spend there is a big difference.

If the land your looking at is not in a flood plain area, has been raised or is higher than the adjoining road, has good drainage, road is hard surface, electric is on/near property, zoned so a slaughterhouse is not put in next door, 4000/wah may be ok.Did I mention nearest neighbors. This would leave sewer system and water source to supply your dream house.

For my case, investing and spending are basically the same. When I say invest, if a property I bought price increases, I sell it away making profit, I called this invest.

If I say I spent on it, me & my wife will built a comfortable house for vacation purpose. Again my case, I wouldn't wanna bother how many % could mine , I treat it as buying a gift for my wife. Anyway we planned to retire in Thailand too!

It's somewhere near the MaeJo area. Actually I can invest in something ....

Is that invest or spend?

I am just curious because i read that many times.

Most of the time money spend on something that you can not own 100% or depreciates in value (lease) is not called an investment.

The value of the land is therefore difficult to establish. Between invest and spend there is a big difference.