No More "Eternal-Tourists"

We all have by now understood, that the Thai's don't want any "eternal-tourists" anymore. Fine, and understandable.

1) But for what period of time would a Farang have to stay outside of Thailand (in an other S/E Asian country), before the Thai's would allow him to enter Thailand again on a LONGER-TERM tourist-basis?

2) Or how about this situation: As far as I know, when arriving by plane, one get's a 30 day stamp. Correct me if I am wrong: If the Farang doesen't mind hitting Phnon Phen once a month and possibly returning to BKK the next day by plane and getting his new 30 day stamp !? As long as the Farang enters Thailand with a return ticket to Phnon Phen, this could go on forever like this, right?

Thanks & cheers.

Nationalities qualified for 30 day stamps for air arrival can use them indefinitely. In and out all you want, no limitations at all, except the number of pages in your passport.

Why does the number of pages limit this ?? Can a new passport not be applied for ?? - I have heard RUMOURS that some entry points are getting difficult after 6 VOA's, but as I said RUMOUR jap.gif

Edited by terak69

Nationalities qualified for 30 day stamps for air arrival can use them indefinitely. In and out all you want, no limitations at all, except the number of pages in your passport.

Why does the number of pages limit this ?? Can a new passport not be applied for ?? - I have heard RUMOURS that some entry points are getting difficult after 6 VOA's, but as I said RUMOUR jap.gif

Yes you can get a new passport. I was clearly talking about with your CURRENT passport. BKK airport has no limitations. Wasn't it clear I was talking about 30 day AIR arrivals? Land arrivals get 15 days.

the Thai's don't want any "eternal-tourists" anymore.

So it seems.

But eternal students are still acceptable, apparently. Not to mention eternal pensioners.

There's going to be a pretty odd bunch of farangs here soon, if there wasnt already.

Quite where the bearded half-naked loony farang who lives loiters outside the 7/11 in Soi Diana fits in, I dont know.

Maybe he's studying to be a nutter.

"We all have by now understood, that the Thai's don't want any "eternal-tourists" anymore."

the opening statement - based on what fact?

Why would 'they' not want 'me'?

Under 50, not married, here three years, sound overseas income and a good contributor to the Thai economy.

I have not encountered any problems at any immigration office here, or suggestion I have been here 'too long'

"We all have by now understood, that the Thai's don't want any "eternal-tourists" anymore."

Under 50, not married, here three years, sound overseas income and a good contributor to the Thai economy.

I have not encountered any problems at any immigration office here, or suggestion I have been here 'too long'

There seems to be an increasing number of posts here, that indicate that Thai-Consulates/Embassies are no more willing to issue back to back tourist-visas with no end. Reading those posts, the tenor at those embassies seem to be (in the best of cases): "We give you tourist-visa last time, then you must get proper visa to stay in Thailand long time". (Probably referring to retirement- visa, visa based on marriage or ed-visa.)

With regard to the "back to back" issue: In my opening post I asked about this (question nr. 1). Maybe someone wants to give some input as far as this is concerned.

Thanks & cheers.

There seems to be an increasing number of posts here, that indicate that Thai-Consulates/Embassies are no more willing to issue back to back tourist-visas with no end. Reading those posts, the tenor at those embassies seem to be (in the best of cases): "We give you tourist-visa last time, then you must get proper visa to stay in Thailand long time". (Probably referring to retirement- visa, visa based on marriage or ed-visa.)

With regard to the "back to back" issue: In my opening post I asked about this (question nr. 1). Maybe someone wants to give some input as far as this is concerned.

Thanks & cheers.

It is my understanding that if you stay out of the Kingdon for 30 days (a month?) then you will have no problem. This information comes from a Russian forum so take it or leave it.

Land crossings will give most persons only 15 days, as fyi. My experience doing the overland thing is that Immigration officials are petulant and grumpy. I have never had a problem, but I would not try xing the border every 2 weeks.

Coming in by airport I think Thailand will be OK with it as it's hugely revenue generating for them. Swampy nicks you for B1400 r/t in taxes. That would be monthly! At least TRY to pick up a TR some place!

I would NOT advise you to use Cambo E visa!

Perpetually book months of in/outbound on discount carriers to the cheapest destination ahead. Exxy!