Visa On Arrival At Luang Prabang Airport?

LuukKoeyKorat

Thanks for the quick reply! I'm German, I guess all western nationalities are eligible. I've traveled through Luang Prabang airport several times too... have always had a visa beforehand, and have to admit I have never seen a visa desk anywhere there. Was it in the arrivals hall or the (one) big terminal room? Thanks for the info

Hmmm. It's been some years since I've been there but I recall seeing the visa queue directly after entering the building from the plane. Maybe someone else can give a recent report, plus the current PRICE.

wiki

Visa-on-Arrival is available at the airport - price is variable based upon your nationality. You need a passport picture to obtain a visa. If you don't have one, they'll scan your picture from your passport and charge you an additional $US1.

Visa on arrival is possible; the fee various from country to country, between USD 30 and USD 43. Exemption is granted to passport holders from Luxembourg and Switzerland; these two nationalities can enter the Lao PDR without a visa for a timeframe of 14 days (arrival and departure day included). The scanning of picture is USD 1 and if you arrive on a weekend it is another USD 1.

And should you arrive on February 29th (as I did seven years ago) then there is another USD 1 for "special day".

rolleyes.gif

Germans should be $30 although I am not at the border right now. Most EU countries are $30. Bring a picture if you have one. If not don't sweatb it as they charge $1 fee for not supplying one which is possibly cheaper than getting one taken. Pay everything in USD if possible anything else they rip you on the rate. For example $1 for picture becomes 50 Baht.