First Trip To Bangkok Immigration

HI, ive soon got to apply for my one year extension ( support , married to a Thai National ) I am over 50 years of age, Ive decided to go to with my wife to the the Head Immigration Office in Bangkok for the first time, I have all the documentation, but could do with some advice ...? we will be arriving at morechit bus station, what would be the best way to get to the Immigration office..? and once there could some one please tell me the room number/ floor/and any other information to make things a bit easyer, not knowing just where to go can give you a headach , so if some one who has applied for the one year extension can offer some advice , this should make our trip/application I hope more enjoyable...? and less hassel

Thanks ..... Mumbo

You have reasonable options from Mor Chit - 1) taxi - probably uinder Bht 200 + any toll charges or - 2) BTS to Sala Daeng (change trains at Siam) maybe Bht 40 each then taxi from Sala Daeng to immigration about bht 40 - 50 bht or walk it is an easy 15 minute walk.

When you get to Immigration - there is now an information counter - they will look at your paper work and give you a counter ticket and instruction where to go etc- now very efficient - helpful.

good luck.

As said you would be best to take a Taxi and it is a left turn onto Soi Suan Plu after passing Oz Embassy/Shell gas station on South Sathorn Road. About 1km you pass normal police station and next is immigration. You can either get out soon after turning into drive or drive around building to west side and get out when at front of building again (as entry door is in that location). Directly inside door is an information desk where you queue and get instructions (telling them extension of stay for support Thai wife and show documents. They will tell you where to go (now just to the right and back of there location. Be sure to bring all documents and one set of copy of each and current 4x6 cm photo. Be sure wife has her ID card and home register and copies. It is good to have photos together at home for the first application.

HI, ive soon got to apply for my one year extension ( support , married to a Thai National ) I am over 50 years of age, Ive decided to go to with my wife to the  the Head Immigration Office in Bangkok for the first time, I have all the documentation, but could do with some advice ...? we will be arriving at morechit bus station, what would be the best way to get to the Immigration office..? and once there could some one please tell me the room number/ floor/and any other information to make things a bit easyer, not knowing just where to go can give you a headach , so if some one who has applied for the one year extension can  offer  some advice , this should make our trip/application I hope more enjoyable...?  and less hassel

Thanks ..... Mumbo

What time will you arrive at Morechit? Are you staying overnight? How much luggage? If you get to Morechit early AM with a bag or two, I suggest a METER taxi to Immigration. On arrival at the Immigration building, go to the front right hand side of it. Once inside you will see an Information desk and to the right, tables where you fill in your application. (complete with Glue to stick your mug shot onto your application) After filling out application, take it to the Information desk and get a queue number. Then, go to room 101, which is in the same area, on the same floor. (just look for a room full of people being servrd by Immigration officers sitting behind desks) Sit down and wait for your number to come up :o This previous post may also help......Ok, so I finally got around to applying for an extension to my non-imm o visa. My reason, to support and maintain my Thai wife. With many thanks to this forum I compiled an impressive list of documents to support my application. We arrived at the immigration office early and got a ticket number from the information desk. I had a copy of the application form already filled out with the 'photo attached. We went into room 101 and sat down to wait our turn. Before our number came up on the screen, we were beckoned to a desk by an immigration officer. This lady then proceded to process my application. She took the application fee and sent someone else off to make a receipt. She then went through my extensive file of paperwork, discarding what she did not want. She ended up with a very skinny file which contained the following: copies of passport, bank book, letter from bank, marriage certificate, wifes i.d., wifes blue book house registration, certified divirce paper. She also kept about 6 photographs from our wedding ceremony and house. Very few questions were asked of both of us and that was that. All finished in about 40 mins Now I have to wait until mid October for the answer. Anyway, I hope this all may help someone down the track.

I will be going back next week for the answer. And once again, staying in Bangkok the night before, so as to get in early :D Good luck.

• 4 months later...

How about from Don Muang? Taxi? Probably. Now how do I know which taxi to take...which one won't rip me off? What's the approximate cost?

What other economical, safe and fast way to get to Immigration from Don Muang?

Am only planning a a few hours stay. Fly-in in the morning, get visa stuff done, then back to Chiang Mai in the afternoon.

jb

Edited by JungleBoy

HI, ive soon got to apply for my one year extension ( support , married to a Thai National ) I am over 50 years of age, Ive decided to go to with my wife to the the Head Immigration Office in Bangkok for the first time, I have all the documentation, but could do with some advice ...? we will be arriving at morechit bus station, what would be the best way to get to the Immigration office..? and once there could some one please tell me the room number/ floor/and any other information to make things a bit easyer, not knowing just where to go can give you a headach , so if some one who has applied for the one year extension can offer some advice , this should make our trip/application I hope more enjoyable...? and less hassel

Thanks ..... Mumbo

only GOOD advice i can give you is take a book to read while your waiting....

Taxi from the meter taxi stand outside of each terminal. You pay meter plus any tolls plus 50 baht airport security/pickup charge. Total would probably be about 300 baht or so. You could take airport bus and then a taxi later but believe 300-400 baht is a very far price myself.

can some one please tell me if applying for the retirement visa requires the same paper work as when you apply for the one year extension. i know you need either bht 400.000 or 800.000 in bank depending on weither you are married or not for the retirement visa. thanks.

can some one please tell me if applying for the retirement visa requires the same paper work as when you apply for the one year extension. i know you need either bht 400.000 or 800.000 in bank depending on weither you are married or not for the retirement visa. thanks.

The requirements for the retirement visa are given at Visas and Travel Documents under "NON-IMMIGRANT VISA "O-A" (LONG STAY) - visa for retired persons". The required documents for visa extensions are given at the Immigration Bureau.

For future reference, the location of the Bangkok Immigration Bureau, with map and directions, are given here.