Walen School - Are You Interested In Business?

MacWalen

Hi Guys,

Our school in Phuket is doing well. We are getting more and more students which is a reflection of the fact that a lot of students prefer our way of teaching to other traditional ways.

This Monday at 6 pm we have a business meeting, If you are interested please join. It will be worth your time. Let me know if you can attend.

Walen school - more and more students in Phuket

My suggestion would be to start offering pay per month programs or even shorter term.

I hate shelling out 50 000baht to get a decent rate at something that will last a long time, i would rather keep my larger money for my investment, my work, emergencies and quick investing in case something comes up

My suggestion would be to start offering pay per month programs or even shorter term.

I hate shelling out 50 000baht to get a decent rate at something that will last a long time, i would rather keep my larger money for my investment, my work, emergencies and quick investing in case something comes up

Not sure what you are referring to but our Thai course is 24,960 Baht for 180 lessons and not 50k. Perhaps some misunderstanding.

Not sure what you are referring to but our Thai course is 24,960 Baht for 180 lessons and not 50k. Perhaps some misunderstanding.

As a casual observer here, perhaps there is some misunderstanding on your part. You are obviously trying to avoid commenting on the valid suggestion.... " to start offering pay per month programs or even shorter term"

I am confused about this offer of a "business" meeting. Is it a meeting for prospective students to encourage discussion about changes to make your classes more attractive ?

sanuk

Edited by sanuk21

The big hint here is you would get more business if you offered a monthly payment scheme.

Looking for investors would be my guess.

Would be my guess as well. @ the op: Just tell what the meeting is about, if you're looking for investors, say so. Don't try to waste my time with something I know in advance I won't be interested in.

Edited by katabeachbum
flame removed

exactly. Also i had emailed 3 times with the woman who answers emails. I asked her to make sure to tell me when pre-registration started in phuket. 3 times she confirmed..

School has been open for a long time, still no email.

This is unfortunate, normally we are very quick with replying to emails. Usually within 24 hours. Can you tell me your email and I will follow up on it immediately.

Edited by LivinginKata
Mod note - PM your details. do not place on main board

As a casual observer here, perhaps there is some misunderstanding on your part. You are obviously trying to avoid commenting on the valid suggestion.... " to start offering pay per month programs or even shorter term"

I am confused about this offer of a "business" meeting. Is it a meeting for prospective students to encourage discussion about changes to make your classes more attractive ?

sanuk

Hi, I was not avoiding, perhaps I did not get the point. We do not offer 'pay per month' programs at this time unfortunately but perhaps in the future.

Regarding the meeting, it is a business class. I will teach how to do business.

Suggestions how to make our classes more attractive are always welcome.

Can you please explain what you mean with a 'business meeting'?

I will teach how to do international business from Thailand. During our business classes we share a lot of interesting business related topics. If you like business you will find it interesting.

We already have 3 confirmed. Anybody else is coming?

This is also good for your general knowledge.

1. You can meet me, Mac Walen, a lot of readers know me from my posts but never met me in person. So when next time when there is any discussion on thaivisa forum you will have a better idea of who I am.

2. You will visit the best known Thai school in Thailand.

3. You will meet our Phuket staff so if one day you need our help with learning Thai or ED visa you will know where to come for assistance.

4. You can ask any questions related to Walen as well as in our business class you can participate and ask questions.

Walen School - get to know us

and just for the sake of clarity...when are you going to start thinking about lessons by the month?

I will observe the market, for clarity, I run the school for 10 years and in this time we always had plenty of students. We never had pay by the month system. Students buy a certain number of lessons, minimum of 60 but you will get a better deal if you buy more. If the market tells me that what I do is wrong and does not work then I will consider other options, at the moment it works very well so if this is not broken I do not see the need to fix it.

Paying per course is standard in Thailand. I do not know any reputable school that has pay by month system, but again I don't know everything about every language school in Thailand. Do you know any? Please name them. I will be happy to look at their system.

Hope it helps.

Edited by MacWalen

It's now 13.12 on Monday. Your meeting 18.00 today. Can anyone drop in at the last moment. I assume your location will be at your school on Patak Rd, Chalong not far from the roundabout.

Sure, last moment arrivals are welcome.

Correct, our Chalong branch.

and just for the sake of clarity...when are you going to start thinking about lessons by the month?

Students buy a certain number of lessons, minimum of 60 but you will get a better deal if you buy more. If the market tells me that what I do is wrong and does not work then I will consider other options, at the moment it works very well so if this is not broken I do not see the need to fix it.

Paying per course is standard in Thailand. I do not know any reputable school that has pay by month system, but again I don't know everything about every language school in Thailand. Do you know any? Please name them. I will be happy to look at their system.

Hope it helps.

MacWalen

Thank you for your thoughtful reply. I wouldn't mind going to Thai classes whenever I visit Phuket. However, having a job in another country, I can only go when I have leave.

Sixty lessons in a month or so would probably wear my brain out :whistling:

It was a good class. 3 attended, we just finished. 4 hours and the plan was 50 minutes! Exciting content.

We have a Thai class at 10 am tomorrow morning. If anybody would like to come and observe please do, it is free and you will see a different method of teaching Thai.

Walen School - try it in Phuket