England Footy

OxfordWill

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like "Soccer" jeez when will you guys learn, it's called "Football". :o And yes, we watch many, many other sports. Golf, Cricket, Boxing, Rugby etc etc.

What's wrong with calling it "soccer"? Brits call it "football", Americans call it "soccer" - it all refers to the same sport. Get over it.

I don't like "Soccer" jeez when will you guys learn, it's called "Football". :o And yes, we watch many, many other sports. Golf, Cricket, Boxing, Rugby etc etc.

What's wrong with calling it "soccer"? Brits call it "football", Americans call it "soccer" - it all refers to the same sport. Get over it.

We invented the game, you dipstick and we named it "Football". OK then, we Brits will call Baseball, "Rounders" in future and American Football will be known as, "Rugby, dressed in cotton wool" you'll just have to get over it :D

Edited by mrbojangles

I don't like "Soccer" jeez when will you guys learn, it's called "Football". :D And yes, we watch many, many other sports. Golf, Cricket, Boxing, Rugby etc etc.

We invented the game, you dipstick and we named it "Football". OK then, we Brits will call Baseball, "Rounders" in future and American Football will be known as, "Rugby, dressed in cotton wool" you'll just have to get over it :D

Glad you didn't mention that game that only sissy girlies at one time used to play. The game that we used to call Netball. :o

I guess I have to fix the Quote boxes... :o

What's wrong with calling it "soccer"?  Brits call it "football", Americans call it "soccer" - it all refers to the same sport.  Get over it.

Glad you didn't mention that game that only sissy girlies at one time used to play. The game that we used to call Netball. :D

Ok, if you two dudes want to play that game, well, funny you should mention that , because over here in America, It tends to be only "sissy" girlies and little children that play your Soccer....

:D:D

Don't worry Walley, I got ya back! :D

Didn't America get as far as England in the last world cup anyways? Both made it to the quarter-finals and were knocked out by the teams that made it to the final (Brazil and Germany). In the case of England, they went 1 up and then proceeded to play terribly and Seamen let in that ridiculous goal. In the case of America, we went 1 down, and then a german defender handled the ball on his own goalline, but the ref did not call it.

My prediction is that the US makes it further than England in 2006.

Didn't America get as far as England in the last world cup anyways?  Both made it to the quarter-finals and were knocked out by the teams that made it to the final (Brazil and Germany).  In the case of England, they went 1 up and then proceeded to play terribly and Seamen let in that ridiculous goal.  In the case of America, we went 1 down, and then a german defender handled the ball on his own goalline, but the ref did not call it.

In which Sport ?

:o

Didn't America get as far as England in the last world cup anyways?  Both made it to the quarter-finals and were knocked out by the teams that made it to the final (Brazil and Germany).  In the case of England, they went 1 up and then proceeded to play terribly and Seamen let in that ridiculous goal.  In the case of America, we went 1 down, and then a german defender handled the ball on his own goalline, but the ref did not call it.

In which Sport ?

:o

soccer

In which Sport ?

:D

soccer

Hmmm? , no sorry you got me there..................... :o

Ok, if you two dudes want to play that game, well, funny you should mention that , because over here in America, It tends to be only "sissy" girlies and little children that play your Soccer....

:o  :D

No problem , you'll catch up with the rest of the world eventually.

Pray that we don't.

Oh Yeah? Well..... we have sissy girly men playing the game too, so try and beat that!

:D:D

Hang on......I mean....... our sissy 'soccer' players will always be more sissier than yours. So there!

errr....something's not quite right here. Let me read the whole thread again and I'll get back to you. :D

Edited by Gazza

No problem , you'll catch up with the rest of the world eventually.

Pray that we don't.

Pray tell why ?