Where And How To Register My Address In Ubon Ratchathani .

Dear peoples ,

I am holding a UK passport with a non O visa multiple entry based on visiting spouse and child . I am 40 years old . I would like to register my address in Ubon( Phibun Mangsahan?) with the view to getting a Thai driving liscence , car, from the local test school in Det Udom.

Please , what documents do I need and where do I go to register ?

Thanks for your help .

Luke

My searches have been inconclusive.

As you are not here on an extension of stay immigration may not want to prepare such a letter (you are not registered and doing 90 day address reports with them, but you can ask). A sure alternative is a notarized statement by your Embassy. You could go with wife and ask local District Office if they could provide a letter - it does not seem to be a normal method but some have reported using it (and cheaper than Embassy).

Thanks Lopburi3 ,

Mrs Onions phoned the Phibun office this afternoon and they said something along the lines of ; As we have not issued the visa your hubby is holding we will/can not register him at this office . I will get up there tomorow and try my luck . Our local office in Det Udom was mad mental busy and all we got was go to the UK embassy in BK .

Will post my results and so on .

Cheers

Luke

Thanks Lopburi3 ,

Mrs Onions phoned the Phibun office this afternoon and they said something along the lines of ; As we have not issued the visa your hubby is holding we will/can not register him at this office . I will get up there tomorow and try my luck . Our local office in Det Udom was mad mental busy and all we got was go to the UK embassy in BK .

Cheers

Luke

Luke

Another avenue to try is your local police station. Who knows, they might be happy to give you a letter, might not, too, as not their normal function.

Some years ago I needed a set of fingerprints to send to the U.S., down to see the BiBs at Klong 6, explained what I needed, no problem and one of the guys did the deed.

Mac

Thanks Lopburi3 ,

Cheers

Luke

Luke

Another avenue to try is your local police station. Who knows, they might be happy to give you a letter, might not, too, as not their normal function.

Some years ago I needed a set of fingerprints to send to the U.S., down to see the BiBs at Klong 6, explained what I needed, no problem and one of the guys did the deed.

Mac

Mac ,

that is an interesting possibility . The local polis are not unfriendly and have stopped me a few times while scootering around and been happy to accept any old bit of papper as a liscence . My International permit for the motor is doing the trick at the mo . They know who's in town alright .

Thanks

Luke

Results :

I went up to Phibun and the officer looked through my passport . He said you must have been residing in Thailand for minimum two years to register at this office , but because I had two non O 1 year multiple entry visas sort of back to back he prepared an Alien Registering in the House Masters residence paper . I took this paper with the other documents to the motor liscencing office in Det Udom , but , it was the wrong registration paper according to the officer there . The officer then phoned the Phibun officer and they both agreed i had been issued with an innapropriate document . Mrs Onions then phoned the Phibun officer and he called us back to Phibun for to get the correct document ( only in Thai with a chopped photo) and valid for one month only . I then went to the Det Udom motor liscencing office and got my car and bike temporary liscence .

I am not sure but I think I was lucky with a bit of help from the Phibun office and maybe the motor lady was not aquainted with the procedure when dealing with a visa issued over seas .

I might add there was a lost day in there when me and Mrs Onions went for an impromtu session of well cold Leo drinking and idle banter at TC kitchen followed by a bit rocking out with Ting from Wrong Way in some night venue and associated hangovers.

I needed to get my liscence,

1 An international drivers permit .

2 Non O visas two years back to back

3 My passport

4 A registration document from the local immigration office

5 My wifes tabien baan book

7 375 Bhat fees

Happy motoring .

Luke

Results :

I went up to Phibun and the officer looked through my passport . He said you must have been residing in Thailand for minimum two years to register at this office , but because I had two non O 1 year multiple entry visas sort of back to back he prepared an Alien Registering in the House Masters residence paper . I took this paper with the other documents to the motor liscencing office in Det Udom , but , it was the wrong registration paper according to the officer there . The officer then phoned the Phibun officer and they both agreed i had been issued with an innapropriate document . Mrs Onions then phoned the Phibun officer and he called us back to Phibun for to get the correct document ( only in Thai with a chopped photo) and valid for one month only . I then went to the Det Udom motor liscencing office and got my car and bike temporary liscence .

I am not sure but I think I was lucky with a bit of help from the Phibun office and maybe the motor lady was not aquainted with the procedure when dealing with a visa issued over seas .

I might add there was a lost day in there when me and Mrs Onions went for an impromtu session of well cold Leo drinking and idle banter at TC kitchen followed by a bit rocking out with Ting from Wrong Way in some night venue and associated hangovers.

I needed to get my liscence,

1 An international drivers permit .

2 Non O visas two years back to back

3 My passport

4 A registration document from the local immigration office

5 My wifes tabien baan book

7 375 Bhat fees

8 Medical pass from a doctor

Happy motoring .

Luke