Condo Or House?

Hi guys,

I've recently moved to Bangkok. Right now, I am looking for short term place to stay (3-4 months), after that I want to buy a 1 BR condo around 2-2.5 million baht to live in. I've noticed that many condo's doesn't allow pets (although my dog is a small race terrier mix, about 7kg in size of a male cat). Finding a condo to rent for 3-4 months is another problem. I can rent a house around 20-25k baht that allows dog but I'm afraid there won't be any security. I'm not familiar with Bangkok so I'm avoiding to live in normal house (2 floor, 2-3 bedroom etc).

My question is: Should I live in condo or normal house. Is there big risk of theft in normal houses compared to Condo's?

Another question is: Does it worth the trouble of finding condo for short term or should I live in Apartment / Serviced Apartment for 3-4 months until I buy my own condo unit.

The reason I insist on condo, for short term is that I want to see what I'll get after I buy condo. Like a small test if it suits me or not.

Not easy to find a condo for rent on less than a 6-month term, and even more so when your dog will be marking its territory with its pee.

Condo law disallows the keeping of pets such as cats and dogs, and primates.

Condo law disallows the keeping of pets such as cats and dogs, and primates.

That is up to the building owner and individual landlords. Many Many condo's allow dogs for example:

President Park.

Le Raffine

Aguston (Any of the major developments)

Prime Mansion's

The Met

Emporio Place

The Rise

And most of the older condo building's a lot of the new ones are now saying it is upto the individual landlord now.