What Are Best Things To See In Laos (3Days)(2Nts)

wileycoyote

Laos amazing place, Luang Prabang perfect for kids and grandma.

Fly CNX-LPQ with Laos Air (buy tickets direct not online as cheaper). Spend 2 nights there, bike rides round town, great swimming waterfall outside town, good restaurants, neat cafes, hotels check out TripAdvisor re your budget. Mekong Riverview very nice and well run.

Anything else?

if you are only going for 3d2n Luang Prabang you can fly direct from BKK on bangkok airlines or from Chaing Mai on Lao airlines stay in the old city center and check out all the old temples, old palace, many day trips to do, Pak Ou caves, waterfall and swimming hole, elephant park

Laos amazing place, Luang Prabang perfect for kids and grandma.

Fly CNX-LPQ with Laos Air (buy tickets direct not online as cheaper). Spend 2 nights there, bike rides round town, great swimming waterfall outside town, good restaurants, neat cafes, hotels check out TripAdvisor re your budget. Mekong Riverview very nice and well run.

Anything else?

Dear NxaiPan,

Yes CNX is better for us that BKK

Yes Luang Prabang would be enough for us.

Do they take Thai Baht ,or do they prefer US $ ,converted into their local currency ?

Best Wishes

Wiley

in LP,there are many budget hotels or hostels at the back of the Post office. it's only a few mins by walk from the nite market where you can exchange your dollars. There are not many things to do in LP. You can explore the most of it within a few days i guess. While you are there you can use Baht, $US and the local currency, Keap. I paid a tour ticket and my room in dollars. but better to have some Keap as they don't give you a good exchange rate.

i paid some food in Keap too. Most of products are from Thailand then their prices are a bit higher. for example, a bottle of red bull costs B10 in LOS but in Laos is B15. Net Cafes charged me per minute.

Vang Vieng is another town. It's between Vien Tian and LP. there are some activities you can do such as biking, kayaking and camping. the town is located near Nam Song river and lots of things to do with water though. I haven't been there yet.

Loas people are quite honest. No hassle! No scam!

Beer loas is good taste...

[Do they take Thai Baht ,or do they prefer US $ ,converted into their local currency ?

Any of the above, although changing into local currency at a bank will be easier for day to day buying.

More expensive items are quoted (illegally) in Baht or sometimes USD as the 00000000 with the kip can become confusing for some.

Enjoy

I have no idea why anybody would spend more than a few hours waiting for a bus in Pakse. It is the closest town to where I live and I just don't really like the place. I can understand if somebody has friends in Pakse but for the casual visitor there is really nothing there.

As far as exchange goes I notice higher end hotels seem to like dollars, local merchants prefer kip and in some cases some shops may like baht if the merchandise they are selling was bought in Thailand.

for example when I go to Pakse to shop I pay for my room in dollars, my local shopping in kip and my propane gas and cylinders in baht.

You definitely want to have kip if you don't want to get ripped off on the exchange rate.

I have no idea why anybody would spend more than a few hours waiting for a bus in Pakse. It is the closest town to where I live and I just don't really like the place. I can understand if somebody has friends in Pakse but for the casual visitor there is really nothing there.

As far as exchange goes I notice higher end hotels seem to like dollars, local merchants prefer kip and in some cases some shops may like baht if the merchandise they are selling was bought in Thailand.

for example when I go to Pakse to shop I pay for my room in dollars, my local shopping in kip and my propane gas and cylinders in baht.

You definitely want to have kip if you don't want to get ripped off on the exchange rate.

Thank You anotheruser

Rgds

Wiley Coyote