Who Is The Longest Participating Thai Visa Member?

Beetlejuice

Apart from the obvious though, I think Simon43 (http://www.thaivisa....er/174-simon43/) with a join date of 2nd Jan 2003 is probably the longest standing, regularly posting, non-mod, non-admin member.

Looks like I have managed 8 years without finding anything worthwhile to do in my life, hence I keep posting on ThaiVisa :)

Are long service medals awarded?

Simon

Apart from the obvious though, I think Simon43 (http://www.thaivisa....er/174-simon43/) with a join date of 2nd Jan 2003 is probably the longest standing, regularly posting, non-mod, non-admin member.

Looks like I have managed 8 years without finding anything worthwhile to do in my life, hence I keep posting on ThaiVisa :)

Are long service medals awarded?

Simon

I got an award, banned for two weeks. :lol:

I enjoy Thai visa just the way it is and I am appreciative of the Moderation service otherwise these forums would become overrun by the lunatic fringe, making Thai visa as an informative and discussion resource unusable.

I do realise that everyone would like to make their points without limitations in the discussions, but this is the real world and this is Thailand, where 100% freedom of speech and expression is just not possible, especially when others are taking all the risks on our behalf. This is something that must be appreciated and understood, it`s all down to common sense.

I believe Thai visa uses a good and fair system for the running of it`s forums, which cannot be in anyway shape or form an easy task and it`s all laid on for free, which is why Thai visa is probably the most popular forum service in Thailand.

Just take a peek at some other unmoderated forums and see all the crap on those for yourselves.

As for the preferences between certain newspapers, it all depends on opinion. I personally prefer the Nation to the Bangkok post. But whether or not Thai visa gives preference to 1 newspaper rather than another is no big deal. It is easy to log in to the Bangkok Post website and treat it as a separate entity from Thai visa.

Everyone has choices.

well said, now wipe yer chin.