PM Abhisit Brands Amnesty Move For Thaksin National Threat

webfact

Shoot me down if you must but when did Abhisit ever win an election of the populace?

Who was the last elected PM of Thailand?

Abhisit was the last elected PM. He was elected in December 2008. Before that, Somchai (2008), Samak (2007), Thaksin (2005), Thaksin (2001).

All elected in the same way ... in parliament by a majority of MPs.

All part of coalition governments (ie not winning "an election of the populace"), except Thaksin in 2005 after he bought a few smaller parties into the TRT fold (eg Newin's group and others that dumped PTP after PPP was disbanded).

Ok not entering into the bought bit but thanks for the "insight" but have you missed Surayud Chlanot? thought he was a PM as well??

Edited by MrChangers

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh, what we are witnessing here is the last death throes of a spectacularly pathetic political career.

Abhisit himself is a national threat.

Oh that's right, now I remember, it was Abbhisit that sold national assets (satellites) to a neighboring country and used his position of power to enrich himself and his family.

Also, once convicted of corruption was man enough to face up to it and do his time, oh wait no, he loaded planes with sacks of money and weasled out of the country like a complete slimeball.

When will these people pull their heads out of the sand...............................

National assets? Satellites? Sold? Neighboring country? :whistling:

:lol:

Oh my Buddha man do some research before you post. You're destroying your credibility Samurai.

[The forces behind the reds and Thaksin are far greater than most people realise.

Well, its called democracy isn't it...

Ok I challenge you. How is your clone, Thaksins own words, going to pay for all of this. Their policies, if they implement them will bankrupt the country. We will see a super high inflation and a collapsed economy. If you don't know what I mean how will they pay for an increased minimum wage to basic workers and Uni graduates. They say they are going to reduce the corperate tax rate by 10% from 30%-20%. Then on top of all this they say they are going to give all school kids a tablet computer.

I challenge you to tell me how they can do this? I expect your silence to be deafening.

Ps I don't expect PTP if they get in to fulfill all their policies. Thaksin is not an economic idiot. This is one reason I can't support PTP. They want to use the poor but not really help them.

Bungalow I await your reply.

The fact that you support people who called for the burning of Bangkok. Called for all the mosques to be burned in Thailand. Took a city hostage. And you say other people have a nerve. You support a violent group. You have always supported a violent group. Your continuing supoort means you don't care about people dying as long as the reds get their way. I hope Karma comes back to get you one day.

You support Violence, karma dictates it will find you one day. You Have blood on your hands.

The reds had an oppourtunity to end it peacefully. Their leaders didn't want to take it knowing what the consequences would be. They wanted bloodshed to further their cause. You still support these same leaders.

I repeat you have blood on your hands.

Edited by craigt3365

"When blood flows in the streets. buy property!" I do not think it will come to the drastic scenario you portray as there are a lot of non elite people here in Thailand who do not like the current government and want a change. This, no doubt, will be Yingluck and if necessary a coalition. Drawing on my personal experience of Southern Africa I do not see the people of Thailand as a tribal group akin to, dare I say, the Rhodesians.

As for the Pol Pot quote and wife/girlfriend along with lack of intellectual ability to understand the current situation I find insulting. Perhaps you and your few coins may be better leaving as it seems from this poorly written post your only desire is to plunder and make off.

Sorry should have said a reply to Letitbe.

Edited by craigt3365

Ok I challenge you. How is your clone, Thaksins own words, going to pay for all of this. Their policies, if they implement them will bankrupt the country. We will see a super high inflation and a collapsed economy. If you don't know what I mean how will they pay for an increased minimum wage to basic workers and Uni graduates. They say they are going to reduce the corperate tax rate by 10% from 30%-20%. Then on top of all this they say they are going to give all school kids a tablet computer.

I challenge you to tell me how they can do this? I expect your silence to be deafening.

Ps I don't expect PTP if they get in to fulfill all their policies. Thaksin is not an economic idiot. This is one reason I can't support PTP. They want to use the poor but not really help them.

Bungalow I await your reply.

The last time I asked the same person the same question, I got...

Who could be bothered answering those worthless, baiting questions ? I mean, its obvious you have already made your mind up anyway.

Specifically these questions in post #68:

Still no answer to date though, not from anyone - the policymakers down to the red-village-dwellers.

Ahh, what we are witnessing here is the last death throes of a spectacularly pathetic political career.

Oh that's right, now I remember, it was Abbhisit that sold national assets (satellites) to a neighboring country and used his position of power to enrich himself and his family.

Also, once convicted of corruption was man enough to face up to it and do his time, oh wait no, he loaded planes with sacks of money and weasled out of the country like a complete slimeball.

When will these people pull their heads out of the sand...............................

Oh my Buddha man do some research before you post. You're destroying your credibility Samurai.

He sold satellites. okay. That were his own or that of company he build up himself. A company that he named after himself. He sold it, so what?

But national assets? Neighboring country? :whistling:

I guess i will not get an answer for that.

Edited by samurai

When will these people pull their heads out of the sand............................

National assets? Satellites? Sold? Neighboring country? :whistling::lol:

He sold satellites. okay. That were his own or that of company he build up himself. A company that he named after himself. He sold it, so what?

I guess i will not get an answer for that.:lol:

Singapore is indeed not really a neighbouring country, even when we move out to an exclusive eonomical zone of 200 miles ;)

The 'national assets' part though is a sensitive issue.

2006-01-24 THAILAND: Shin sale my kids' idea

http://www.international.ucla.edu/cseas/article.asp?parentid=37733

2006-03-27 Thai resistance stops energy privatisation

http://www.world-psi.org/Template.cfm?Section=Home&CONTENTID=11582&TEMPLATE=/ContentManagement/ContentDisplay.cfm

2007-02-20 When foreigners take over national assets

http://www.twnside.org.sg/title2/gtrends142.htm

'now' True files complaint against DTAC, citing evidences of non-Thai status

Perhaps because the present PM is a puppet installed after the rigged EC and judiciary all collaborated (for good intentions at best to fight a corrupt Thaksin, or at worst for selfish intentions for their own "yellow" gang) to not once, not twice, but 3 times override the will of the Thai general population....IRREGARDLESS of whether those poor ignorant farmers voted for the "right" candidate or not.

You see, that is what all you yellow supporters don't get....the yellows are not out for democracy, because their voter base, as they know full well, is composed of too few voters to ever win.

You talk and write about democracy, but you support a group that has done NOTHING but go against it, and bought into the idea the Democrat and yellows are somehow less corrupt. They are all corrupt. The question is who the voters WANT and ELECTED?

And on top of that, has any of the high-minded democrat/yellow shirt lovers ever even considered it is the very corruption that is why you are here? it's why you are living so well. For the mass of (s)expats, if you are honest, just exactly what do you think the Democracts and yellows (who represent the "decent, upper class, and educated Thais" will think of YOU and where you met your gf or wife? Is that not both illegal and a form of the very corruption you hate Thaksin for? You ARE the very corruption the yellow and Democrats disdain.....the corruption they fight to keep is their class system that keeps them in power and let's them look down on your and your "exchange rate" wealth. And they are absolutely correct in their analysis, but the average (s)expat is completely in fantasy land about their assessment of who is good for them.

Be honest with yourselves for once. Thaksin's social justice program and crime suppression programs were mostly targeted at the Thais, NOT the foreigner punters and their sex ghettos. He knew and always will that this is how they get a lot of foreign money. He left holes in his enforcement INTENTIONALLY so you could feel safe in your illegally owned homes with your thai "lovers". That is me and you....you ain't clean just because you support the very group that would throw your "intelligent" butt out of Thailand slowly but surely. The only inconvenience most high minded punters can't get over is that the strippers had to go home earlier and that alchohol was less available on more holidays and perhaps at certain hours of the late night/early morning....get over it or go to alchies anonymous.

And in those years, all these elitists have done is drive down the REAL incomes and standards of living of the average poor Thai and the real estate values of everyone Thai or foreigner.....this is their "progress".

Apologies to the few REAL expats here with REAL overseas salaries and REAL wives of decent Thai or Western origins, who are in Siam for LEGITIMATE MORAL reasons like earning a decent salary.

Edited by bf2002

The Thai elites DECIDED a private company like AIS was a national asset. Sure....and so is Goldman Sachs or Rio Tinto. It's interesting how the govt always thinks it's their property after some person works to build up their own firm.....it was PRIVATE PROPERTY, as you have tried to explain to certain people.

8' post='4488593']

Sorry mate, you've got it all wrong I'm afraid. Abhisit's got it right - how can a convicted criminal better serve his country than a caring politician who has brought in many policies for all the people (particularly the underprivileged and poor). I say a convicted criminal because if Pheu Thai get in then Thaksin will assume the policy making and his young sister will be pushed into the sidings and into obscurity (job done on her part)!!!

The poorly educated people of the North and North East will have been duped again by unfulfilled promises from this selfish, money mad, good-for-nothing fugitive building up his Empire by dubious means at the expense of those who voted him in!!

If he does get in (and I pray he doesn') then lets see what the people think of his government in a years time. His policies are a charade and sham and if they have to suffer the same consequences as the last time whereby NONE of his policies (however well intentioned) worked and were a national disaster if the truth be known, then Thailand WILL be sorry for showing such ignorance as to his TRUE intentions!!! But the damage will have already been done and Thailand will sink into the abyss just like the wondrous but ill-fated Titanic did nearly a century ago!!

Edited by SICHONSTEVE

Perhaps because the present PM is a puppet installed after the rigged EC and judiciary all collaborated (for good intentions at best to fight a corrupt Thaksin, or at worst for selfish intentions for their own "yellow" gang) to not once, not twice, but 3 times override the will of the Thai general population....IRREGARDLESS of whether those poor ignorant farmers voted for the "right" candidate or not.

You see, that is what all you yellow supporters don't get....the yellows are not out for democracy, because their voter base, as they know full well, is composed of too few voters to ever win.

You talk and write about democracy, but you support a group that has done NOTHING but go against it, and bought into the idea the Democrat and yellows are somehow less corrupt. They are all corrupt. The question is who the voters WANT and ELECTED?

And on top of that, has any of the high-minded democrat/yellow shirt lovers ever even considered it is the very corruption that is why you are here? it's why you are living so well. For the mass of (s)expats, if you are honest, just exactly what do you think the Democracts and yellows (who represent the "decent, upper class, and educated Thais" will think of YOU and where you met your gf or wife? Is that not both illegal and a form of the very corruption you hate Thaksin for? You ARE the very corruption the yellow and Democrats disdain.....the corruption they fight to keep is their class system that keeps them in power and let's them look down on your and your "exchange rate" wealth. And they are absolutely correct in their analysis, but the average (s)expat is completely in fantasy land about their assessment of who is good for them.

Be honest with yourselves for once. Thaksin's social justice program and crime suppression programs were mostly targeted at the Thais, NOT the foreigner punters and their sex ghettos. He knew and always will that this is how they get a lot of foreign money. He left holes in his enforcement INTENTIONALLY so you could feel safe in your illegally owned homes with your thai "lovers". That is me and you....you ain't clean just because you support the very group that would throw your "intelligent" butt out of Thailand slowly but surely. The only inconvenience most high minded punters can't get over is that the strippers had to go home earlier and that alchohol was less available on more holidays and perhaps at certain hours of the late night/early morning....get over it or go to alchies anonymous.

And in those years, all these elitists have done is drive down the REAL incomes and standards of living of the average poor Thai and the real estate values of everyone Thai or foreigner.....this is their "progress".

Apologies to the few REAL expats here with REAL overseas salaries and REAL wives of decent Thai or Western origins, who are in Siam for LEGITIMATE MORAL reasons like earning a decent salary.

Its a sad fact that, the longer the post, the less relevant comment and the more dribble it contains

Want to take a guess as to who Fugitive and Outlaw 2.0 will be ?

I know!!!! I know!!!! - Thaksin AGAIN!!!

Another thing, he might be a 'grumpyoldman' but he has got it right on this - unlike you!!

I'm afraid that you are just as gullible as those Thai's in the North. They've got a reason though as their education is far from ideal so what's your excuse then!!!!

Its a sad fact that, the longer the post, the less relevant comment and the more dribble it contains

I was just about to disagree with you're appraisal about the relevance of a long posting being less so than a one-liner UNTIL I read it, that is!!! In this case I fully concur with your words as being valid.

I post again the same information I posted in an other thread.

What Thaksin did wasn't illegal. The law had to be changed to justify the coup

But Thaksin wasn't actually guilty of anything.

From wikileaks / Andrew Marshall

http://www.zenjourna...6/07bangkok499/

>It is privately acknowledged by the Deputy PM and widely understood in Thai society that the real reason for the amendments is that there is a political imperative to find the Shin Corp-Temasek transaction illegal. Despite the fact that former PM Thaksin has already received US$1.9 billion for the shares he and his family sold in the transaction (now mostly residing in accounts at Siam Commercial Bank and Krung Thai Bank where they are closely monitored to ensure no funds are transferred abroad) and there are no Thai laws that make the seller of an asset responsible for ensuring the buyer complies with FBA regulations, the current government is anxious to show that this transaction was illegal in order to "prove" the corrupt nature of the former PM but are apparently unable to do so under the present FBA.

[Oh my Buddha man do some research before you post. You're destroying your credibility Samurai.

What is your response to Thaksin abusing his position of authority and trust (as incumbent prime minister) in providing Burma with a very cheap loan in order for them to be able to buy his satellites so that he could then gorge himself on the proceeds!! Is that ethical business practice??? He also ammended laws to make it easier for him to enrich his already burdgeoning Empire by allowing him to sell Shincorp to Temasek of Singapore for which he clearly couldn't do as Thai law stood on this, at the time before he made it possible. Is that ethical business practise!!

Then there was all that misfeance about the ownership of his shares with his 'darling young sister' denying that she was the true owner of them when SHE WAS as was acknowledged by the courts.

Now tell me what dirty deeds Abhisit has been getting up to in his time in the government!!! If you can find ANYTHING then I will listen to what you say on the matter.....otherwise, don't bother mate!!!

The fact that you support people who called for the burning of Bangkok. Called for all the mosques to be burned in Thailand. Took a city hostage. And you say other people have a nerve. You support a violent group. You have always supported a violent group. Your continuing supoort means you don't care about people dying as long as the reds get their way. I hope Karma comes back to get you one day.

You support Violence, karma dictates it will find you one day. You Have blood on your hands.

The reds had an oppourtunity to end it peacefully. Their leaders didn't want to take it knowing what the consequences would be. They wanted bloodshed to further their cause. You still support these same leaders.

Just your weekly reminder of what the Thaksin party and his supporter are really made of. All you Red Flag flyers are heartless, obsessed and clueless. May Buddha help Thailand if the Thaksin Regime realizes even one more day in power...

Edited by yeeowww

Why do you think K. Abhisit is a "national threat" are you only voicing this opinion purely because of your political colour? or do you actually have an intellectual base?

And here we have the mindset of the Thaksin supporter. It doesn't matter how many murders he was responsible for. It doesn't matter how much money he stole from the Thai people. As long as he exploited a loophole and didn't get caught. As long as I personally got hold of some of that stolen money. Like a seagull flying behind a fishing boat sucking the life from the sea, my only concern is getting a share of the fish thrown over the side. I couldn't care less about what happens when it's all gone, or anyone else who needs that fish in order to survive. Me, me, me.

The problem for you is he did get caught. That is very clear for anyone who actually followed the evidence presented in his asset seizure case rather than parading back and forth outside the courthouse dragging their red clad knuckles across the ground. Remember that case? The case that set off last year's red shirt protest that "had nothing to do with Thaksin"? But let's bring him back. Screw the famililes of those murdered. Screw the families who are still heavily in debt due to his encouraging them to borrow the very money he stole from the Thai people. Never mind that I was on another thread protesting about a rich girl getting away with killing a van load of people, and a rich boy getting away with killing a poor girl. I'm a hypocrite. No one is above the law, unless I personally can make a baht or two out of their crimes. I want to stick my snout back up his arse and suck the crumbs he shits out. The global economy will boom again, the baht will fall to 50 to the dollar, drug dealers will be shot, muslims suffocated, journalists sued... Bring back the good old days!

And here we have the mindset of the Thaksin supporter. It doesn't matter how many murders he was responsible for. It doesn't matter how much money he stole from the Thai people. As long as he exploited a loophole and didn't get caught. As long as I personally got hold of some of that stolen money. Like a seagull flying behind a fishing boat sucking the life from the sea, my only concern is getting a share of the fish thrown over the side. I couldn't care less about what happens when it's all gone, or anyone else who needs that fish in order to survive. Me, me, me.

The problem for you is he did get caught. That is very clear for anyone who actually followed the evidence presented in his asset seizure case rather than parading back and forth outside the courthouse dragging their red clad knuckles across the ground. Remember that case? The case that set off last year's red shirt protest that "had nothing to do with Thaksin"? But let's bring him back. Screw the famililes of those murdered. Screw the families who are still heavily in debt due to his encouraging them to borrow the very money he stole from the Thai people. Never mind that I was on another thread protesting about a rich girl getting away with killing a van load of people, and a rich boy getting away with killing a poor girl. I'm a hypocrite. No one is above the law, unless I personally can make a baht or two out of their crimes. I want to stick my snout back up his arse and suck the crumbs he shits out. The global economy will boom again, the baht will fall to 50 to the dollar, drug dealers will be shot, muslims suffocated, journalists sued... Bring back the good old days!

And it's the same again with Yingluck.

She provided false statements and lied to the SEC, but because she wasn't required to provide statements, the false statements she did provide were ignored, and because she wasn't under oath, the lies that she told were also ignored.

National threat for who?

Abhishit's elite cronies?

Fail to see how the most popular PM in the history of the country could be viewed as a national threat, unless it was YOUR power he was going to usurp.

On a more cogent topic, why do any of you care?

Do you have the right to vote in elections in Thailand?

Do you have any rights in Thailand?

Does your opinion mean squat in Thailand?

Will the quality of your life change one iota depending on who gets the top seat?

The real question is, why do any of you really give a <deleted>?

Edited by KeyserSoze01

National threat for who?

Abhishit's elite cronies?

Fail to see how the most popular PM in the history of the country could be viewed as a national threat, unless it was YOUR power he was going to usurp.

On a more cogent topic, why do any of you care?

Do you have the right to vote in elections in Thailand?

Do you have any rights in Thailand?

Does your opinion mean squat in Thailand?

Will the quality of your life change one iota depending on who gets the top seat?

The real question is, why do any of you really give a <deleted>?

The 'fail to see ...' suggests you want to say it doesn't matter whether it's true or not, because 'we' (farang I guess) have no say, no rights, no importance, no value.

The most popular PM and going to usurp some power. Not my power, not my problem, not your problem. Let him usurp, who cares.

Interesting point of view, for sure <_<

National threat for who?

The rule of Law, which is the basis of society - and, judging by his past behaviour and my opinion that he is a vengeful person, anyone opposed to or by Thaksin.

On a more cogent topic, why do any of you care? Do you have the right to vote in elections in Thailand? Do you have any rights in Thailand? Does your opinion mean squat in Thailand? Will the quality of your life change one iota depending on who gets the top seat? The real question is, why do any of you really give a &lt;deleted&gt;?

I realise this might not bother you, but I am highly disappointed by this regular point of view.

No, I can't vote here. But I can help Thais around me to make their decision, at least the ones who value my opinion. I have a confirmed change from Peua Thai to No Vote (they didn't want to vote Democrats) this coming election :) so yes, my opinion does matter, at least as much as a fraction of a vote.

As to whether my quality of life will change: well, I have to deal with various authorities in various capacities on various occasions and I am skeptical that any of them will change for the better under a Thaksin-influenced administration. I am confident that the public sector will continue to become more transparent under Abhisit and with the transparency we will see raised efficiency follow. So, yes, I think that my life here won't be as good if Thaksin comes back. If I were more accepting and less "jai ron", maybe I'd deal with it better.

However, I am a stoic at heart. I think that a direct threat to the rule of Law is a direct threat to society. Therefore I think that, if Thaksin wants to come back, he's got to answer for his wrongdoings - which unfortunately for him includes a jail sentence - when he does so. I don't think that's unreasonable. Otherwise Thais would think that there are some who are above the Law. That may or may not have been the case in history, but we're trying to go the other direction, aren't we?

Just your weekly reminder of what the Thaksin party and his supporter are really made of. All you Red Flag flyers are heartless, obsessed and clueless. May Buddha help Thailand if the Thaksin Regime realizes even one more day in power...

keep reminding for those who cannot see its disgusting that any sane rational person can support these thugs its like supporting pol pot hitler Saddam Mugabwie Gaddafie and rest i would hope in some ways those Taksin supporters could witness first hand what can be but then while im a buddhist the message from Jesus forgive them for they not know what they do is very apt. Hard to swallow with such a load of naive people but ill try

"Fail to see how the most popular PM in the history of the country could be viewed as a national threat..."

&lt;deleted&gt;?!!!... you're kidding, right?

Classic case of "Light's on, Nobody home", like the rest of "His" supporters.

I suggest you don your "Red Imbecile" garb and join the crowd of your insane fearless leader, leading his flock to slaughter... Mark my words, those who support and help bring this sociopath to power will suffer greatly, no matter the race if you live within these borders. You seal your own oblivious, ill fate.

Remind me again if it was ever proven who set the buildings on fire? Shouldn't that have been a top priority of the government to hunt down those responsible? I can't even find a single article about the government having attempted to find those responsible. Strange, isn't it?

Let's focus on the truth, and if we don't know the truth, we should focus on finding out the truth.

Edited by themockrat