Pattaya, Mtb Riders

Tonto21

I know, I know…….. This is about mountain biking, but it's also about Pattaya! Mods if you need to move it, go ahead, I just thoughtI may get a better response on this forum.

I'm down in Pattaya area from Chiangmai till next Friday week, 24th,visiting a mate, I've got me bike and I want to ride some Pattaya dirt, (off-road) I'm staying at Bangsary.

Any MTB riders up for a ride out, show some Chiangmai bumpkin their favorite trails? I'm no great shakes on a bike, I just enjoy the ride, I'm an easy going bloke and I'm free any day till I return to CM.

One other thing…….Any good bike shops here in Pattaya,not for bikes so much, more for accessories and gadgets………..Anyone?

Edited by Tonto21

Tonto,

Try the "Numchai" shop on Sukhumvit Rd North Pattaya. Head straight up from Bang Saray, past BKK Pattaya hospital on your left, get to the next lights and turn right, park up as soon as you can then walk back to Sukhumvit and it is the second or third shop on the left.

Sorry not avialable at the moment for heading out, work is pressing unfortunately. I hear Silverlake area is pretty good which is down near Bang Saray.

Tonto,

Try the "Numchai" shop on Sukhumvit Rd North Pattaya. Head straight up from Bang Saray, past BKK Pattaya hospital on your left, get to the next lights and turn right, park up as soon as you can then walk back to Sukhumvit and it is the second or third shop on the left.

Sorry not avialable at the moment for heading out, work is pressing unfortunately. I hear Silverlake area is pretty good which is down near Bang Saray.

Hi ‘changnaam’ thanks, I’ll take a look at that bike shop.

Silverlake, yes, I’ve been out that way, my mate showed me around this area, unfortunately, he works 6 days a week, (doesn’t get out as much as he wants) So, I’m on my ‘tod’ but, good to hear from you!

Good luck with it, let me know how you get on at silverlake, not made it down there yet.

I hope to sample the delights of biking in Chiang Mai soon so will be chasing you for tips.

No worries, get in touch when you come up, you'll like biking in CM, I live and mostly ride around where I live in Mae Taeng, (about 40Km north of CM) I think the area is up there with some of the best riding in Thailand.Your more than welcome to join me on a ride-out if you want.

Talk later

Tonto

Edited by Tonto21

Tonto S AND V bike shop in teppresit rd,from bang saray next traffic lights pass tesco off sucomvit,there r 3 shops there its the one next to 7/11 half way down.great mech and shop,if you want to ride down to the floating market about 7ks from bangsaray back to pattaya at 6.45am sat or sunday i'll take u out and about,or i'll meet u at 3.pm mon,tues or weds.you and your bike will be dirty when u get back.i am 62 so you should keep up with me.[you hope].i normally ride every 2nd day.tam pta toon can do weekday,but tricky in wet

cat

Tonto S AND V bike shop in teppresit rd,from bang saray next traffic lights pass tesco off sucomvit,there r 3 shops there its the one next to 7/11 half way down.great mech and shop,if you want to ride down to the floating market about 7ks from bangsaray back to pattaya at 6.45am sat or sunday i'll take u out and about,or i'll meet u at 3.pm mon,tues or weds.you and your bike will be dirty when u get back.i am 62 so you should keep up with me.[you hope].i normally ride every 2nd day.tam pta toon can do weekday,but tricky in wet

cat

Hi 'cat' nice one! I will get back to you later today. I have to talk to my mate, he's at work, I'm not sure what day he has off, maybe he can join us…If that's OK with you.

As for being 62……I know some pretty quick 60, something riders. Look forward to meeting you.

Tonto

Edited by Tonto21

cat

Hi 'cat' nice one! I will get back to you later today. I have to talk to my mate, he's at work, I'm not sure what day he has off, maybe he can join us…If that's OK with you.

As for being 62……I know some pretty quick 60, something riders. Look forward to meeting you.

Tonto

No PROB just let me know a day before so i can stay off the piss,weekends have to look after kids while mrs works thats why early start,ride for about 2 hrs or more but good pace.raced here in thaland for 7 yrs.the thai boys start their ride 4pm each day just near elephant village.

cat

cat

cat

Tonto

No PROB just let me know a day before so i can stay off the piss,weekends have to look after kids while mrs works thats why early start,ride for about 2 hrs or more but good pace.raced here in thaland for 7 yrs.the thai boys start their ride 4pm each day just near elephant village.

cat

cat

Hi Cat, spoke with my mate, Sunday, Mmmmm, we are going on the piss Saturday, (I know, we don't get out much) so 6:45 on Sunday might be asking too much of us, (normally It will be an all-nighter, a bit like 'Hangover' on speed)) Monday sounds better. How's that for you. We will be free all day on Monday, get back to me with time location and dress code! Laters.

Tonto

Edited by Tonto21

cat

Tonto

cat

cat

Hi Cat, spoke with my mate, Sunday, Mmmmm, we are going on the piss Saturday, (I know, we don't get out much) so 6:45 on Sunday might be asking too much of us, (normally It will be an all-nighter, a bit like 'Hangover' on speed)) Monday sounds better. How's that for you. We will be free all day on Monday, get back to me with time location and dress code! Laters.

Tonto

Monday is fine,at 3 pm arvo,go past floating ,market going to pattaya and turm right at the nxt lights i'll meet you at the train tracks, 200mts up the rd.on my ride this morning just behind the stadium near the lake i see thay have maped out a race trail for next weeks race,which i just found out is on,have to get details from shop.we will try that for starters as i have to learn the course.

i went up the hills behind the thai polo fields dismorning [very steep]had to get off and push 2/3rds of the way and coming back down lots of ruts sand and gravel and steep,but never fell off,but coming along a flat trail fell off twice,u can never tell,i'll rest my sore bum from the fall suday ,so i might have a drink too..so wear a helmet the rest is up to you, but you will get dirty.

i'll PM my mobile to you.

ta cat

Hi 'Cat' it was good to meet you, thanks for the ride out, you have my mobile, if you get too Chiangmai give me a bell, (I've got a spare bike) I can return the favor. I'll bell you next time I'm down in Pattaya….

Cheers

Tonto

Edited by Tonto21

Hi 'Cat' it was good to meet you, thanks for the ride out, you have my mobile, if you get too Chiangmai give me a bell, (I've got a spare bike) I can return the favor. I'll bell you next time I'm down in Pattaya….

Cheers

Tonto

Thanks tonto,good ride,hope you got your nice bike clean,and your good knee is OK.

i'll take you to tam pra toon next time,, beuatifull ride in among the trees and hiils,but hard,so i might drive you their to save your power,as its 20ks away from pattaya,your bike will be well suited for the trails.

happy ridding and stay of the piss.

CAT