Brother Of Lopburi Bhum Jai Thai Party Candidate Gunned Down In Bangkok

webfact

Makes you realise how much of a "lucrative" business getting into political positions in Thailand is...if they are so willing to kill to do it.

Not only here, but everywhere in the world, there needs to be a new system of incentive for politicians to actually do the job of making good decisions for the people and the for the future, rather than just lining their own pockets.

Monetary incentive has only continued to foster self interest and breed corruption here, and of course in our western countries we have been quite adept at building a legalised version of corruption to enable the rich and powerful to keep riding on the backs of the hungry poor.

I dont want to sound like one of the tin hat wearers, but the greed we are feeding in the human race will eventually eat up society from the middle and probably destroy the earth and everything in it

:unsure:

what else can you say but ...Oi Somchai, oaw eeek nueng kuat bia leo :burp:

Only article that make sense in the whole bunch of cowboy stories written here. the world will go down because of the uneducated. the believers. god did not invent men, men invented god

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see allot of questions 'why'

:jap:

Some answers:

1. Near Lottery Bureau of Thailand "That is the gathering place for the rural poor to pickup a new set of tickets to sell."

2. On Khao Sarn road "There are a huge number of lotto sellers that live with sons or daughters that work in the entertainment and restaurants on Khao Sarn road."

3. Why the family was at Kao San Road at that time? "Tickets are issued at 1pm normaly 2 days after the drawing good gathering right after lunch"

4. why someone would know they were to be there "Thai Rath news paper has all the venues for various parties and candidates"

5. And the number 1 Why 'Yellow shirts stepping up thier campain?'

The Why "Would you care to elaborate before I or someone else points out why this is a completely illogical and ridiculous statement? :ermm:

Well fist off it is not a illogical or ridiculous statement it is a Question note the "?" even if their campaign is misspelled it is a question that needs to be asked. Remember Suea Dang got shot in the head talking to reporters and before the autopsy the news reported 1 hour later a .308 Winchester sniper rifle was used. <_<

Make model and calaber in 60 minutes :o

Classic "Thai-style" politics is making a comeback now that the country enjoys "Thai-style" democracy and unelected Prime Ministers.... The days of "Jao Paw (เจ้าพ่อ)" (Godfathers) are back in fashion. jap.gif

When were they not?

CSD joins in manhunt for canvasser's murder

By The Nation

30158114-01.JPG

Metropolitan Police and the Crime Suppression Division (CSD) have joined forces to hunt down the gunman who shot dead a canvasser for Bhum Jai Thai on Khao San Road on Thursday afternoon.

Bangkok police chief Pol LtGeneral Jakthip Chaijinda said yesterday that a third person, apart from the gunman and the getaway motorcyclist, might be involved in the assassination of Suban Jiraphanwanich. He added that judging from the wellplanned attack, members of the hit team were possibly career assassins.

Investigators have come up with a sketch of a tall, dark man in his 30s, but said they needed more evidence before they could seek an arrest warrant. Police are expecting eyewitnesses to come forward with more details.

Suban's wife, Oraphin, and their aide Chanutphorn Phothisampharawong are now being provided with police protection. Both women were injured in the five rounds of gunfire and are being treated in hospital.

CSD investigators, who are helping Metropolitan Police as well as the Chana Songkhram police station with the case, are focusing on motives other than politics. CSD officers said Suban was a highly influential man in Lop Buri and ran a number of construction businesses that could have landed him in trouble with rival contractors.

A large number of Lop Buri residents have visited Suban's family to express their condolences, with many of them crying openly for their hero who helped developed several projects. Suban's fans and Bhum Jai Thai supporters packed the Wat Pa Thamma Sophon in Lop Buri where the funeral rites are being held. People are allowed to pay respects to the late politician until Sunday, and his cremation will be announced after the 100day mourning period is completed.

So far, 350 election candidates have asked for police protection, though the number is expected to rise after the latest killing, police spokesman Pol MajGeneral Prawut Thawornsiri said.

Police are also keeping an eye on suspicious activities, such as the purchase or hiring of new vehicles or the acquisition of new handguns among suspected to be part of gunforhire rackets. Police are monitoring the activities of around 5,000 inmates who have recently been released and might get hired to kill in the runup to the July 3 poll.

Events of political violence

May 10 Attempted assassination of Pheu Thai MP Pracha Prasobdee, in Samut Prakan

May 13 Grenade attack on home of Pheu Thai canvasser Somthawil Ruengthong

May 18 Shooting at vehicle of Pheu Thai candidate Phattharawadee Aphidennaphalai, in Samut Prakan

May 22 Killing of Chat Thai Pattana canvasser Wiroj Damsanit, in Angthong

May 26 Shooting at home of Democrat Party canvasser Charoen Jehsaman, in Bangkok

May 28 Shooting at home of Pheu Thai canvasser Phansak Khamkaew, in Lampang

May 29 Killing of Chat Thai Pattana canvasser Nimit Kaewkamphol, in Phichit, with politics ruled out as motive

Jun 9 Shooting at home of Pheu Thai canvasser Saard Dermsomboon, in Chathaburi

Jun 12 Shootings at homes of Bhum Jai Thai canvassers, in Sukhothai

Jun 16 Killing of Bhum Jai Thai canvasser Suban Jiraphanwanich, in Bangkok

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-06-18

LATEST POLL: PTP LEADS THE WAY WITH 50% OF ASSASSINS CLAIMING 'WE WANT THE REDS'

Chaun was the best PM this country has seen in my 24 years here. I may be crazy, but I believe that he is an honest man.....

I'm not sure about that, although he wasn't too bad. I'd say he was the John Major of Thai politics. ie. shit, but not dislikable.

Three bullets hit Suban, chairman of the Lop Buri Provincial Administrative Organisation, in the head.. Thought there'd be cops everywhere? Pretty strange location with all the backpackers around...............:jap:

There's a police station at one end of the small road (approx 250 meters), and should be cops around. But cops aren't going to act dynamically until they know who each player represents. In other words, if the slayer appears to be connected to a Thai VIP, then the cops will react differently, than if the slayer were an black African living on the fringes. It's a subjective business. One gets pursued aggressively, the other gets followed by perhaps a phone call or polite questions sent via a courier.

Unrelated, but once on Kao San Road, late afternoon, jammed with people - a tourist van was speeding through very fast. I shouted at the Thai driver to slow down, and gave him the finger. He stopped the van and 3 guys jumped out to seek me out. I hid in a shop and they didn't find me. I know giving the finger is a big 'no no' in Thailand, but how much worse is giving the finger (from a Thai perspective), than having one or more tourists knocked down and possibly killed by a speeding driver?

I think the LAST thing you want to do is be near ANY Thai politicians in the next 3 weeks.

Except Chuan Leek Pai, No rally campaign in Lampang, he visited the local markets, spoke to everyone, listened to everyone (PTP voters included), No visible security protection. My wife told me that a Thaksin addicted family before will vote for Chuan Leek Pai.

I like Khun Chuan Leek Pai very much. When he was a Prime Minister I sent him a letter, he answered and I still saved his note. I will urge everyone to check him out . I myself have no knowledge about Thai politicians since I never have a chance to follow them or read newspapers except the Economist. I am not in Thailand so it is not fair for me to praise or criticize anyone who is public servants from far away. If I want to analyze them I have to do more as such gathering the information, survey, public opinion and etc. My take and opinion.

I loved the way you started your post by saying you wrote him a letter and received a reply, then went on to say you have absolutely no knowledge of Thai politicians.

I love(d) the way you completely disregard(ed) his use of different tenses.<BR>His comments are (were) perfectly logical.<BR>The poster might have been in Thailand before, but he isn't now- and feels he doesn't know much about the current situation ;)

Love(d) the way you look(ed) for a reason to critisize(d) him for no reason. :jap: