Bank Account In Thailand

I opened a bank account in Kasikorn Bank 5 years ago. I haven't been to Thailand since. I plan to go next month. Is my money still in the account or does the bank close the account if there is no activity after a certain time period. I want to use the funds as part of my financial proof for another retirement visa. If still mine does interest accrue on the money for those 5 years. It was in a time deposit account that has expired.

Thanks

When I opened my account last year there are charges if no activity and deposit is below a certain amount. This was on a standard account. Did you set up a iternet account you maybe able to check account. Do you have phone number of branch call them and check your account.

Five years is a long time and specific policies will vary bank by bank. Their policy may even be on their website, search for dormant accounts. I recently checked Bangkok Bank's policy about this and they said they may levy a charge on low balance accounts, which means of course eventually the charges would eat the account. However, if there was significant money in there, I sure hope they wouldn't be allowed to just take the money, but freezing the account wouldn't be surprising. Of course you probably know already, you'll need to contact them directly to see the status of your specific account. Good luck. I recent has a US based account frozen for dormancy and they revived it when I just called them about it.