Visa Run To Nz

David48

A question to all who have experienced this recently.

My Thai girlfriend has visited Australia already for 10 days on a Australian Tourist Visa.

Went home, no problems, no dramas.

She has a good job as a manager with the same international company for 12 years, Boss is happy to write the employment letter, has some money.

One year later, we are looking at the next visitation. Most likely we will apply for a multi-entry 12 month Tourist Visa.

From what I have read on other posts that as part of the condition of granting the 12 month, multi entry Visa, the recipient can not stay more then 3 months in Australia before having to leave and return at a later date ... in a similar fashion to what we do with a 'Visa Run' over in Thailand.

Can someone who has had direct experience with this recently confirm this and relay their experiences?

Assuming that the Thai gf has to do a Visa Run ... has any Australian Citizen who has or had a Thai GF recently apply for a NZ tourist Visa and essentially done a genuine visit to NZ or a Visa Run there?

If a similar question has been asked before then please direct me to this post.

To the moderators, most likely belongs over the 'Visa' section of this Forum, but this being my first post I did not know how to initiate a post there.

Please move if needed.

Thanks Guys

I do not know the sitiation at moment but Thai nationals got a 30 day tourist visa on arrival in NZ a couple of years ago.

An other option could be to go to Fiji.

Cheers

jopham

Edited by jopham