Mobile Immigration Service

Last time I was at Chaeng Wattana (March), I saw "Mobile Immigration Service" advertised: You can take care of 90 day reporting, purchasing re-entry permits, extending temporary stay on the second Saturday of each month at KhaoSan Road (Buddy Lodge Hotel), and the third Saturday of each month at Bumrungrad Hospital.

Before I went to do my 90 day report at Bumrungrad today, I reconfirmed with Immigration Hotline to make sure it was happening: The service starts from 8:30am to 4pm and is at the clinic bulding on the 10th floor together with business center and lounges and cafes. I arrived at 9:30am and was greeted by an Immigration officer, I received queue #3 (I never ever had that low of a number!!), she checked my docs and had me wait in the spacious lounge area (sofas, upholstered chairs, coffee tables). During my wait 3 more farangs arrived. After about 10min the officer called me by name, not by number(!), and I received my passport and processed form back and was ready on my way. How cool is that: personalized service, low wait, very comfortable surroundings with coffee, magazines etc and in my case a big time and money saving. That's the way to go!

BTW, the officer told me for my one year extension of stay based on marriage, I should continue to go to Chaeng Wattana...ok one time a year...