"Glitter Bombing" Anti-Gay Presidential Candidates In The Us

Jingthing

Well now it's trend!

Glitter bombing is happening against republican party anti-gay candidates for president. That pretty much means ALL of them. So far to be hit, Gingrich (his campaign is toast), Pawlenty, and Bachman.

So expect to see more of this.

Do you think this helps our cause? Actually, I doubt it but I'm not really sure.

I also think as the race heats up the candidates will have more serious armed protection and their glitter attacks may be seen as potentially violent assaults. In other words, I think the glitter bombers may be risking their lives. Brave of them, but worth it?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/16/tim-pawlenty-glitter_n_878692.html

Edited by Jingthing

Well, I think protest is sometimes effective but also question whether this kind of prank helps anything. I can see some more dignified protest efforts to make the general public learn that all the republican candidates are taking anti-gay positions is useful because recent polling shows greater tolerance for gay rights in general. But I think the gay equality movement doesn't need to resort to glitter tactics at this point when we are slowly winning. I think there is a time and place for confrontation though, such as the ACT UP movement which peaked in the Reagan administration.