What's The City

Neeranam

Hang-on!!!!! before you change me into wooden shoes...

Brugges Belgium!!!!!!

edit: TELL ME I'M WRONG I DARE YA I DOUBLE DARE YA!!! I DARE YA TO INFINITY AND BACK!

Edited by kayo

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seeing as we're all waiting around and all friends...

LaoPo - is there any reason why you always sign your name after having a guess? Surely you could do that by including it in your signature? Additionally, your signature is the same as your username, so this is tantamount to Oldcroc signing Oldcroc after every go - he has no need to do this as we know by his username and avatar that he is, indeed, Oldcroc... No offence intended, but I'm confused...

jezchesters

LaoPo - is there any reason why you always sign your name after having a guess? Surely you could do that by including it in your signature? Additionally, your signature is the same as your username, so this is tantamount to Oldcroc signing Oldcroc after every go - he has no need to do this as we know by his username and avatar that he is, indeed, Oldcroc... No offence intended, but I'm confused...

jezchesters

:D

Please don't feel confused....

As a matter of fact I expected that question a lot earlier along the line, thinking of it....

As for the signing with my member-name 'LaoPo' (which means 'my Wife' or 'Spouse' in Chinese):

I think it has to do with the 'drilling' of my Father (may he rest in peace) in who's business I was teached how-to-do-things, write letters, memo's etc.

He would 'correct' everything and anything and since we were doing business with foreign countries and therefore had to write in several languages I didn't know any better than to follow his 'teaching' :o

I was teached to sign everything (be responsible son!) and I am so used to it that I still sign automatically and for no special reason.

I suppose I am a kind of old fashioned the way I still write and sign my letters, memo's, emails and even notes (about business) to my wife; hmmmmm...strange enough I might add.

Should I change ? I wouldn't mind and I am in no way offended if someone would tell me....

I'm curious to learn if anybody has the same experience with signing with their (forum)-name, whatever the reason.

Very interesting question though ! :D

no signature this time... :D

jezchesters

As a matter of fact I expected that question a lot earlier along the line, thinking of it....

As for the signing with my member-name 'LaoPo' (which means 'my Wife' or 'Spouse' in Chinese):

I think it has to do with the 'drilling' of my Father (may he rest in peace) in who's business I was teached how-to-do-things, write letters, memo's etc.

He would 'correct' everything and anything and since we were doing business with foreign countries and therefore had to write in several languages I didn't know any better than to follow his 'teaching' :o

I was teached to sign everything (be responsible son!) and I am so used to it that I still sign automatically and for no special reason.

I suppose I am a kind of old fashioned the way I still write and sign my letters, memo's, emails and even notes (about business) to my wife; hmmmmm...strange enough I might add.

Should I change ? I wouldn't mind and I am in no way offended if someone would tell me....

I'm curious to learn if anybody has the same experience with signing with their (forum)-name, whatever the reason.

Thank you for indulging my curiosity - I was in no way saying that there was anything amiss... I was just very intrigued at the level of your formality. I guess old habits die hard eh?

jezchesters

Thank you for indulging my curiosity - I was in no way saying that there was anything amiss... I was just very intrigued at the level of your formality. I guess old habits die hard eh?

Thanks Jez ! I found your question so interesting that I've put up a new topic in 'Farang-Pub...etc.'

but yes, old habits die VERY hard...that's what my wife says too .... :D

LP

G'day LaoPo,

Interesting side topic. Back to the city, you were getting closer with your German city , but still have a way to go.

Cheers

Old Croc

(PS there is a special clue in this post!)

I know, but this one can go on for ages if you don't give another clue about the 'city' :o since I know what and where it is.

But as I said before, I will leave it this time to the others.

All I can say is that the houses on the foreground are a bit 'misleading'... :D

LaoPo

G'day LaoPo,

Interesting side topic. Back to the city, you were getting closer with your German city , but still have a way to go.

Cheers

Old Croc

I know, but this one can go on for ages if you don't give another clue about the 'city' :o since I know what and where it is.

LaoPo

If you know, why not solve it?

G'day LaoPo,

Cheers

Old Croc

LaoPo

If you know, why not solve it?

I'm humble today...I woke up with screaming cramps/muscle pain in my left leg...horror and can't sleep anymore.

I discovered the place yesterday...didn't you see my rolling laughs ? :D

LaoPo

G'day LaoPo,

Cheers

Old Croc

Gdansk in Poland

Correct

G'day G'dansk..... GRRRRRRR! :o

as for the nw one..... I think I'm getting too old for this! :D

Edited by kayo