• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Photo Big enough for the Cross Eyed Lion ?. :o

Yes, big enough for the non-cross eyed Lion... :D

It's the Grote Markt - Groningen/Holland.

Never been there but the typical market stalls and houses gave away it's Holland.

LaoPo

Photo Big enough for the Cross Eyed Lion ?. :o

Yes, big enough for the non-cross eyed Lion... :D

It's the Grote Markt - Groningen/Holland.

Never been there but the typical market stalls and houses gave away it's Holland.

LaoPo

There is nothing wrong with your eyesight or your geographical knowledge LaoPo.

Your Turn Sir........... :D

Thanks LeungKen!

Here's a new challenge....maybe not so easy this time ?

It's the official capital city and the metropolitan area of the city has more than 2 Million people; the city itself some 1 Million+

It's also interesting to learn that snow is an extremely rare event (in this city), which occurs once or twice in a century. The lowest ever recorded temperature was -6 C and oddly enough the highest temperature in the same month (!) was +26 C.

Isn't that odd ?

LaoPo

Edited by LaoPo

Thanks LeungKen!

Here's a new challenge....maybe not so easy this time ?

It's the official capital city and the metropolitan area of the city has more than 2 Million people; the city itself some 1 Million+

It's also interesting to learn that snow is an extremely rare event (in this city), which occurs once or twice in a century. The lowest ever recorded temperature was -6 C and oddly enough the highest temperature in the same month (!) was +26 C.

Isn't that odd ?

LaoPo

I made a type error in respect to the temperatures; the highest temperature in that particular month was not +26 but +25 C. Minor mistake, but still. The month I'm talking about is June....

The highest temperature ever recorded in the whole year in the city is +36 C (Oct-Nov-Jan-Feb) whilst the lowest Minus remains at -6 C for the month of June.

Also, it's a landlocked city with respected universities but also heavy industry.

LaoPo

The end of next month it's exactly 103 years ago that something very special and unique 'happened' in the neighborhood of this city...very unique indeed, and it was almost instantly and remarkably clear that it was something that never happened before and maybe never will occur again... :D

But...who knows ? :o

LaoPo

I was just about to post it, thought I should refresh the page first, and discovered you beat me to it Froggy. Well done. :D

:D What do you mean....'well done'....? I gave so many bluddy clues that even a 3 months' old baby would have found it.... :o

LaoPo :D