Marriage Non-O Visa

Hi,

I'm in the process of gathering all docs needed for renewing 1 year nom-o based on marriage. Need some clarification on 1 point. A link found on this site says: "Marriage Certificate 2 copy (Copy of marriage registration papers (Kor Ror.3). Do I indeed need 2 copies of this doc. I need to get an official stamp for it so I want to make sure how many I really need.

Also, my wife is teeling me that eventho the 400 000 baht on bank account is for past 2-3 months, I still need to bring bank statements for the past 6 months..?

Thanks in advance :)

You must be asking about extension of stay from Immigration rather than a visa. You should not need any special stamps on marriage certificate that I am aware of (unless not Thai and that is a different process). But you likely will need both KR 2 and 3 copies (marriage certificate and copy of ledger entry at District Office). As for bank statements I would have passbooks/statements for current year in case asked but believe most places are only interested in the 2 month period. Don't forget the bank letter.

If you are in Bangkok, only one copy of the documents are needed but I also keep a copy for myself. For Bank Statements hand them 4 months which should be sufficient but have the earlier ones should they ask. Last week I was requested to pay Baht 100 in to my Account and provide them with a new copy of the last Bank Book page. My Bank letter was obtained the day before and showed the previous days balance. Otherwise, everything OK.

You must be asking about extension of stay from Immigration rather than a visa. You should not need any special stamps on marriage certificate that I am aware of (unless not Thai and that is a different process). But you likely will need both KR 2 and 3 copies (marriage certificate and copy of ledger entry at District Office). As for bank statements I would have passbooks/statements for current year in case asked but believe most places are only interested in the 2 month period. Don't forget the bank letter.

Could there be a problem regarding what the statements show regarding the period before the last three months?

For my next extension I planned to transfer in the required 400,000 three months before, into an account I create

just for this, and after applying for the extension, transfer the money back out. Is there any problems with doing this?

As always, thanks for your time and answers :)

Last year, for some reason, we thought the copies of marriage certificate needed to be certified by getting an official stamp on it. So from what I'm gathering here, it isn't necessary (if anyone has a different experience please tell us so).

I do have one more question:

Last year, the lady at he imm bureau had us return home to get a copy of my landlord's ID (signed) as well as a rental contract. I didn't keep a copy of this document (landlord's ID) and would prefer not bothering him again with this unless necessary. Are these docs really needed and usually asked for when applying for a 1 year extension?

Ok, Thanks. Good thing I don't go by the (very vague) list of documents needed according to the immigration department. Would be nice if they were a little more precise about what we need to show them..

Our Kor ror 2 certificate is around 12 years old and was accepted as usual at Bangkok two weeks ago . Also no proof of residence has ever been requested.

Methinks elsewhere they have a different set of rules and also I am sure if one presents oneself nicely dressed and speak politely that gives the Officer more confidence.

In many years of extensions only last year's Official was an awkward one. However, it was amazing how quickly her attitude changed when she realized my wife was a Doctor. I think she has since been moved as this time, I noticed that she was missing and another lady was sat at her desk.