Flying Thailand With 1 Year Old

uaelaelil

Looking at flying to Thailand from London sometime in Sept, to take our 1 year old to see her nan

She will be almost 1 when we fly, Do I need to book at ticket for her when we fly ?

I was under the impression that under 2 and she can sit in our lap so wouldn't need a ticket.

But going through the ticket websites etc ebookers it seems she needs a full ticket ?

Any help please.

i think airlines charge you 10% of adult far. i booked a ticket for chinese friend to bring her kid back to ireland with ebookers and thats what they said to me and i think the kid was still under two years old

Edited by irishken

They have an infant fare. Bit dear considering they sit on your lap and weigh less than a piece of hand luggage! Cost us about 200 pound from Uk to thai return last time with Eva (full ticket price was about 600)

Dear but unavoidable. It is good though if you book the baskenet ie the mini baby basket / bed that clip on to the wall in front of you meaning your sat in the seats at the front of the row/ section; lots more leg room and space generally

Up to two years old it is 10% or a nominal fee: the exact conditions differ from airline to airline. The bassinets are ok if your child is fairly small but may be too small if taller than average. Do request a seat with extra leg space if you can. Travelling with one year olds is usually easier than one might think. Remember to give him/her the bottle to suck on for start and landing, it's the only way you can get them to equalize ear pressure.

Hi,

We are flying back to the UK next week with our 6 month old on Qatar. We paid 10% of the adult fare, but for that, we get a guaranteed bassinet and 10kg luggage allowance for her.

Not many of the airlines we looked at give infants a baggage allowance or will guarantee a bassinet at the time of booking, hence why we are flying Qatar.

First time my two grand-daughters came over they were 7 and 19 months, flew Eva. My daughter heartily recommends them. Cabin crew were great with the little ones and check-in ensured there were empty seats next to the parents as the flight wasn't full. Don't remember what they paid mind, but can't have been OTT.

Last time they came Air India via Mumbai, they're not going to to that again. Nuff said!

Have flown many times to Thailand with small children/ babies. Children under two not having own seat need a ticket on international flights. Infant fares are about 10%. Bassinets are weight restricted. When our kids were under 1 yr but too big for the bassinet, we found it better to have a window seat if the flight is fully booked.

Edited by eraymos