Attidude On Samui

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i was the manager there so with 50% discount for staff was cheaper :lol:

But but but, everything is falling into perspective now, not everyone goes , lives , drinks , breathe Chaweng. How in the world can you justify judging the whole island by one area.

You take offence by us judging Pattaya as all being like Walking street.

Samui does not start & finish @ Chaweng. There are still plenty of beach side coconut trees & small restaurants, bars, etc........... & guess what ? They are even open during the day laugh.gif just have to get out more & enjoy the sunshine, obviously a bit hard with the job you were performing.

You want to stay with the high fliers in a tourist area ( Chaweng) expect to spend like one, but please do not come on here preaching to all & sundry that the whole of Samui is as you describe it.

drank in Ban Rak regular as well give me ! exaple when i have ever ever taken offence about when i have taken offence about what people say abouwalking street just 1 example will do. as mod i think you are also to back up your statement with a fact. when. i do not take offence against anything unlike people on here who will not here anything said bad agaist samui. yes i am so hard up i spend 10-15 baht a month on treating dogs, enjoyed the job, so what do you have against working in Dream Girls? i spent 8 years living there not preaching anything just asnswering a question as i saw it and as many people see it. if you see fit to remove or ban because i do that up to you but please get your facts right i have never ever taking offence about a walking street, proff of would be appreciated. i would caution the the owner of dreams has taken action against people slander his bars before.

i will leave all the people who think this forum is only allwed to hear good things said about samui to it. people are finding out for themselves. the usual suspects have allreacted in the same way to some constutive critsism, usually judgements, as i i was hard up. well by business aqumin allwed me to retire at 45 with out the need to work again. the job was just for fun. would suggest the sleazy comments are removed Mr GB will not be happy about his bars being slandered on a public forum.

dont let the island fever get to you to much guys.

Where the official religion of the country cannot be advertised or celebrated in government schools because PC prats are worried about offending anyone

Comparative religion is the only thing that should be taught. Why should time and or money be spent advertising or celebrating a particular flavour of belief in an invisable sky daddy? Faith is by definition a lack of knowledge so has no place in the classroom.

Firstly Nalak, you started all these arguments, you have been persistent in your slandering of Samui & posters who defended it on this site.

As for threatening us that we might be sued for stating the obvious that Dream Girls is not exactly a mum & dad place, you must be joking .

Secondly TV do not take lightly to public threats, ask him to contact us if he wishes & point out where any remarks have been slanderous, I will gladly refer him to our Lawyers.

On several occasions you have mentioned that you DO NOT live in the sleazy part of Pattaya but on the outskirts, your words not mine. you want proof, just go over your posts since you have moved there.

As to us standing up to our home, nothing wrong with that, we do not wear rose coloured glasses, we know there are downsides to Samui but we accept them, we live with the place.

Some of us have been here for a considerable amount of time, we are not blind nor idiotic, we found what is considered a much better lifestyle from what we came from , we accept it warts & all.Sure we all have our wish lists, but also realistic in our expectations when we came to live here.

No island fever induced responses either . Many of us also travel across Thailand & are aware of what is on offer elsewhere, many have the option to up & go, but still prefer to stay here.

At the end of the day, why blame the people defending the place?

Wherever you did your drinking is no concern of mine, but your statements about pricing is. If you wish to drink in Expat bars, so be it pay the price.

That is not a yardstick to what the real cost of living on the island is, as a matter of fact irrelevant to a lot of people that don't frequent bars .

The real cost of living in my opinion, is measured by how much it cost you to feed your family or yourself , not by how much I pay for a beer.

You didn't like it, you left, good on you ,carry on with your life & stop having this bitterness towards Samui & the people that defend their home on this forum.

Firstly Nalak, you started all these arguments, you have been persistent in your slandering of Samui & posters who defended it on this site.

As for threatening us that we might be sued for stating the obvious that Dream Girls is not exactly a mum & dad place, you must be joking & secondly I do not take lightly to public threats, ask him to contact me if he wishes, I will gladly refer him to our Lawyers.

On several occasions you have mentioned that you DO NOT live in the sleazy part of Pattaya but on the outskirts, your words not mine. you want proof, just go over your posts since you have moved there.

As to us standing up to our home, nothing wrong with that, we do not wear rose coloured glasses, we know there are downsides to Samui but we accept them, we live with the place.Some of us have been here for a considerable amount of time, we are not blind nor idiotic, we found what is considered a much better lifestyle from what we came from , we accept it warts & all.

Wherever you did your drinking is no concern of mine, but your statements about pricing is. IIf you wish to drink in Expat bars, so be it pay the price. That is not a yardstick to what the real cost of living on the island is, as a matter of fact irrelevant to a lot of people that don't frequent bars .

You didn't like it, you left, good on you ,carry on with your life & stop having this bitterness towards Samui & the people that defend their home on this forum.

i love the love the passion of the people here hope to bump in to you's onces on samui?

Edited by doingok

As for threatening us that we might be sued for stating the obvious that Dream Girls is not exactly a mum & dad place, you must be joking .

Secondly TV do not take lightly to public threats, ask him to contact us if he wishes & point out where any remarks have been slanderous, I will gladly refer him to our Lawyers.

As to us standing up to our home, nothing wrong with that, we do not wear rose coloured glasses, we know there are downsides to Samui but we accept them, we live with the place.

Some of us have been here for a considerable amount of time, we are not blind nor idiotic, we found what is considered a much better lifestyle from what we came from , we accept it warts & all.Sure we all have our wish lists, but also realistic in our expectations when we came to live here.

No island fever induced responses either . Many of us also travel across Thailand & are aware of what is on offer elsewhere, many have the option to up & go, but still prefer to stay here.

Wherever you did your drinking is no concern of mine, but your statements about pricing is. If you wish to drink in Expat bars, so be it pay the price.

That is not a yardstick to what the real cost of living on the island is, as a matter of fact irrelevant to a lot of people that don't frequent bars .

The real cost of living in my opinion, is measured by how much it cost you to feed your family or yourself , not by how much I pay for a beer.

nailed it

100%:wai:

But but but, everything is falling into perspective now, not everyone goes , lives , drinks , breathe Chaweng. How in the world can you justify judging the whole island by one area.

Samui does not start & finish @ Chaweng. There are still plenty of beach side coconut trees & small restaurants, bars, etc........... & guess what ? They are even open during the day laugh.gif just have to get out more & enjoy the sunshine, obviously a bit hard with the job you were performing.

You want to stay with the high fliers in a tourist area ( Chaweng) expect to spend like one, but please do not come on here preaching to all & sundry that the whole of Samui is as you describe it.

drank in Ban Rak regular as well give me ! exaple when i have ever ever taken offence about when i have taken offence about what people say abouwalking street just 1 example will do. as mod i think you are also to back up your statement with a fact. when. i do not take offence against anything unlike people on here who will not here anything said bad agaist samui. yes i am so hard up i spend 10-15 baht a month on treating dogs, enjoyed the job, so what do you have against working in Dream Girls? i spent 8 years living there not preaching anything just asnswering a question as i saw it and as many people see it. if you see fit to remove or ban because i do that up to you but please get your facts right i have never ever taking offence about a walking street, proff of would be appreciated. i would caution the the owner of dreams has taken action against people slander his bars before.

No offence intended but i can't understand what you are trying to say.

No offence intended but i can't understand what you are trying to say.

yes even i could not translate that. i dunno what is going ona bout dream girls. if there is anything wrong with dream girls then they need more girls.

nothing wrong a slease section in every place. some people like couples go for fun. They are places for adults to have a laugh.

if samui was just wall to wall go go bars and all that then that would bother me.

you have to take the rough with the smooth. if tourists like all that with these high prices. that sort of industry might be the one thing that saves thailand.

with politics changing effecting businesses with this proposed minium wage and many other facters. Ulnless Thailand has other things to offer than just sand beaches. Then price wise there might not be any reason for people to come here in the future if competing asian countries make use of Thailands mistakes.

If prices go up then i predict more people obviously getting stressed. can either exect it and do something about it. or run away. if prices go up then quality has to go up to attract rich people. or i am going to be very worried.

saying that it is still about 3 or 4 times cheaper than back in the u.k. i mean the ocst of living. no electrical goods and toys and things like that.

even rip off taxis are cheaper than le git taxis back home.

Okay, it's whinging day again, let's put it this way: "none oft those red faced, always sweating, Sissies making their way, with "Boutique Airlines" pampered in a/c limos to their a/c residences, with nailclippers pruned lawns, these days down here, would have dared to come 15-20 years or earlier!

Get a life, or stay in Pattaya, or better at home with mom!

What would they have done without Star_ucks, Big Mac, one foot long, _uckin go Nuts, Tesco's, BigC's, Bondi's, UBC, AIS, Dtac, True, without Pizza Hut and it's Company, what without Cheddar Cheese and Nueremberg Rostbratwuerst'?

I am considering to go if this commercial shit keeps increasing... but not to the highlands, but to the Salomon islands or somewhere else slightly more challenging.

I hate whiners sitting in a cream pie and keep "complaining" !

How did he say? "One day beautiful perfect the next!" or "One persons garbage is another persons treasure!" It all depends on ones point of view.

Edited by Samuian

to many postings and too many comments both pros and cons, everyone has there own perspective and experience living here.

1. Is samui the best place in the world to live in, in my opinion no.

2. Is samui the worst place in the world to live in, in my opinion. no

3. Is samui a liveable place to live. In my opinion yes

Samui or any other place has its own problems, challenges. Could samui be better yes, but being here for many years I've come to have a very low expectation of the people in power running things not just for samui but thailand in general. Nobody seems grateful for the moments.

Okay, it's whinging day again, let's put it this way: "none oft those red faced, always sweating, Sissies making their way, with "Boutique Airlines" pampered in a/c limos to their a/c residences, with nailclippers pruned lawns, these days down here, would have dared to come 15-20 years or earlier!

Get a life, or stay in Pattaya, or better at home with mom!

What would they have done without Star_ucks, Big Mac, one foot long, _uckin go Nuts, Tesco's, BigC's, Bondi's, UBC, AIS, Dtac, True, without Pizza Hut and it's Company, what without Cheddar Cheese and Nueremberg Rostbratwuerst'?

I am considering to go if this commercial shit keeps increasing... but not to the highlands, but to the Salomon islands or somewhere else slightly more challenging.

I hate whiners sitting in a cream pie and keep "complaining" !

How did he say? "One day beautiful perfect the next!" or "One persons garbage is another persons treasure!" It all depends on ones point of view.

its alright to complain if u are willing to do something about it or at least suggest an alternative. or what is the point in moaning and complaing. thats what i call winging.

complaining can be constructive if used in the right way and can be used as a tool for improving things.

for example if there is a power cut and i spend the next week complaining how bad it is. then what is the point. noone wants to here me moaning.

but if i said all these power cuts are annoying me but i have a solution that might help then that might benifit me and other people in similar situations

1. Is samui the best place in the world to live in, in my opinion no.

2. Is samui the worst place in the world to live in, in my opinion. no

3. Is samui a liveable place to live. In my opinion yes

that depends on the criteria only. Would I have all the money in the world, I would not live here, but go around the world until I find the best place, which would be probably somewhere in the Western World.

However...

a guy asked for peoples opinion i give my views, wheres the slander. where i have i shown any bitterness to any individual? never, i get bitterness back for my posts, but the forum and posters are a very tiny minority of the expats on the island. i am mearly agreeing with what the doingok has read. have been told Hongkong based cannot take legal action. the guy sharing my house now, contacted Admin before.as he wanted to take legal action against the forum but got the overseas HongKong based story and no chance. as you yourself have said over seas company overseas server.

like others i dont understand your post. can i not have an opinion on the place, i did live there for 8 years. the description of the Bar i would say comes into Thai Liable laws. if somebody refered to a restuarant as sleazy it would be classed as slanderous so whats the differnece.

seems to me only posative posts about Samui are tolerated, yet there are plenty of ex pats regularly posting things that are wrong with the place. i enjoyed 6 years there and the last 2 started to see it in a differnt light, ironically many of the developers who did the damage have moved away as well.

best advice if somebody is really interested in going then go and get a feel for yourself.

Having first come to Samui in 1996 when it was still a tropical paradise, it was always going to be the next place in Thailand to fall into the trap of "money, money, money oh and money".

Anyone who didn't think this, was, probably high on the now infamous shrooms we have here. Samui like any other tropical island with potential was going to turn into a money making machine for then, one of the poorest districts of Thailand. It's abundance of cocunut trees, sandy beaches and friendly local Thai people, has indeed, attracted many a western investor. Like all farangs, we saw an opportunity to infiltrate the place and turn it into the tourist's tropical dream. It's central worldwide location was it's key feature and the possibility for farangs to make big money was there for all to see.

15 years on and hey ho what do we find now, an island like many say with no apparent infrastructure, a police force that concentrates more on pulling up people for no helmets and lining their month end pockets than attending a nasty accident where there is a fatality and greedy Thai's that would rather rip tourists off than actually want to provide a great experience for people.

Why do we stay here? Because life is always full of ups and downs and most of us want to see the place thrive again. Added to the fact that farangs placed all their life's savings into their life over here. Human beings have a bilt in desire to succeed and personally I will continue to live and work here because I enjoy life's simple pleasures, something that you can still experience here wherever you lay your hat.

I for one, hope that most farangs here persist in their drive to be successful and if you can put aside all the woe is me attitude then there is most definitely a chance that Samui can be once again a truly tropical paradise where we all share the joy it can bring!!!

"a chance that Samui can be once again a truly tropical paradise"

i dont thing so.it.s too late now

money corrupt everything even nature

farang came with the idea to built the same shit they left back home

how many luxury europeen kingdom shit we have now?

and the most funny they dont even live here " holliday "

same as polution stay for life time

but u have my full support for this dream

AND HOPE NATURE WIN ONCE AGAIN

richard samui ;)

a guy asked for peoples opinion i give my views, wheres the slander. where i have i shown any bitterness to any individual? never, i get bitterness back for my posts, but the forum and posters are a very tiny minority of the expats on the island. i am mearly agreeing with what the doingok has read. have been told Hongkong based cannot take legal action. the guy sharing my house now, contacted Admin before.as he wanted to take legal action against the forum but got the overseas HongKong based story and no chance. as you yourself have said over seas company overseas server.

like others i dont understand your post. can i not have an opinion on the place, i did live there for 8 years. the description of the Bar i would say comes into Thai Liable laws. if somebody refered to a restuarant as sleazy it would be classed as slanderous so whats the differnece.

seems to me only posative posts about Samui are tolerated, yet there are plenty of ex pats regularly posting things that are wrong with the place. i enjoyed 6 years there and the last 2 started to see it in a differnt light, ironically many of the developers who did the damage have moved away as well.

best advice if somebody is really interested in going then go and get a feel for yourself.

Hong kong has sleasy parts. London has sleasy parts. Thailand has sleasy parts Philpeans has sleasy parts. Austrailia has sleasy parts. USA has sleazy parts. Fance Belgium. Iran Iraq Isreal. Have i missed a country out. if so sorry i narrrow it down. the whole world has sleasy sections and guess what so does samui.

Yet it is also very easy to not go to these sleasy parts. I think someone has been burnt and is bitter and no matter what anyone says someone has there minde tuned into hating this place.

of coarse u can post legal nagative stuff but so can people also disagree. also some stuff has to be removed to keep the website on the web.

Thailand can be very strict when it comes to posts and stuff. with out Moderaters ( which i think are quite fairley balanced ) the site would have closed long time ago.

look what happened to youtube. or maybe that was too long ago for some people to rememeber or they might not have been here.

we had the site closed in Thailand for a long time due to someones bad post.