Coopers "Oxford" Marmalade.

Yaaklenmai

Since I've been living in Thailand this is one of the things I've missed most, from home.

Seville oranges, thick cut and not sweet - Hilary even took a jar to the top of Everest!

I missed it so much that I even went so far as contacting International Foods, who now own the brand, and they informed me that they supply no one in Thailand.

However, an update!!

In the UK Tesco sell it both under the branded name and also under their "Finest" label, but have now introduced it to Thailand under their normal Tesco label.

I suspect that it is imported in bulk and put into jars here because the label calls it "Tesco Thick Cut Orange Shred Marmalade" which any Englishman will tell you is a slight contradiction in terms.

That, though, changes nothing - I am a very happy man!!

Especially at only 99THB a 454 gram jar!

biggrin.gif

Edited by Yaaklenmai

I would also recommend Tesco's tasty ordinary 'Orange Marmalade', at 45B-50B, which has plenty of chopped-peel in it. :)

But agree with Darrel that a slightly-bitter lemon or lime-marmalade would also be good ! Currently I have to bring Rose's Lime or Lemon-&-Lime Marmalade in my hold-luggage from the UK, they won't allow it in carry-on bags, think I'm a Blasted Terrorist ! :ph34r:

Tesco's Thick Cut Orange Shred is the closest thing to a dark British style marmalade available here at the fair price of 99B.

There are other brands, from Scotland, available at some Tescos and Tops. Foodland sell German & Swiss marmalades that are good tasting as well.

Villa Market does sell Rose's Lime & Lemon Lime Marmalade from Australia but, typically from Villa, it's expensive.

As a marmalade fancier, I find the Thai made marmalade products a bit too sweet for my taste.

I would also recommend Tesco's tasty ordinary 'Orange Marmalade', at 45B-50B, which has plenty of chopped-peel in it. :)

But agree with Darrel that a slightly-bitter lemon or lime-marmalade would also be good ! Currently I have to bring Rose's Lime or Lemon-&-Lime Marmalade in my hold-luggage from the UK, they won't allow it in carry-on bags, think I'm a Blasted Terrorist ! :ph34r:

i also like tesco own brand,but i add a squeeze of lime to it,also if you like pappaya and its sweet add lime jus.

Tesco's Thick Cut Orange Shred is the closest thing to a dark British style marmalade available here at the fair price of 99B.

There are other brands, from Scotland, available at some Tescos and Tops. Foodland sell German & Swiss marmalades that are good tasting as well.

Villa Market does sell Rose's Lime & Lemon Lime Marmalade from Australia but, typically from Villa, it's expensive.

As a marmalade fancier, I find the Thai made marmalade products a bit too sweet for my taste.

I think that Cooper's is the king of marmalades because it is thicker, with more peel and considerably less sweet than any other dark British marmalade including Chiver's "Olde English", Keiller's "Dundee" etc., etc. and has a flavour very much of it's own, with real "bite"!

Roses (although tasty) I class as a sweet jelly, in the same bracket as "Golden Shred".

The Streamline product mentioned earlier, by Mrs Mills, I used to buy only because it is not mega sweet - it does not have the "guts" of Cooper's (it is made using different oranges) and always reminds me of the MaMade tinned marmalade which some people used to buy to "make" at home.