Just How Much Is A New Cbr 250 ?

a few months ago went to my local Mityion in pattaya to look at px ing my "old" PCX for ithe a new PCX or CBR 250..........

Was quoted 99,000 B for the CBR - but went for a new PCX because of practility......

Yesterday went back to Mityion as i thought of getting a CBR 250 as well - only to be told, non ABS Model 116,000 B - when i told her i was quoted 99,000 B a couple of months ago - she said "honda put price up"

i told her i had bought 2 bikes from them in 18 months -she shrugged he shoulders and wouldn't budge............

so- have honda put the price up - or is this blatant profiteering on behalf of the dealer ?

Edited by johnboy3739w

The "blatant profiteering on behalf of the dealers" has been widely reported in the CB"r" 250 thread... :rolleyes:

Yep. Basically, the bikes are in short supply because worldwide demand is high and factories in India and elsewhere are not on line as yet. So local dealers charge more for the few they can get, since demand here is high enough to see bikes flying off the floor at much higher prices than those announced at first. At least, I believe that this is the general consensus.

There seem to be a few variations among dealers from place to place, but then one is confronted with the hassle of changing provinces for registration. Some guesstimate that prices will return - to those you saw early on - well within a year's time.

Edited by CMX

i think that APe Honda cocked up on the price on release. Therefor not giving a hell of a lot of profit to the dealer. some are being stupid (150,000b) some are being reasonable 111,500b on the road (non abs, base price 109,000b)

Also it does not help that some include extra's in the price and some do not.

You need to check that.

The msrp released by Honda was 99k for non-abs and 115k for abs. It would be interesting to see if they have increased the msrp, maybe SumetCycle could comment? If so are they now charging Honda dealers more for the bike which is resulting in a higher price quoted to customers?

When I paid my deposit in Jan I was quoted 105k for non-abs and 120k for abs which, at only 5k premium over the msrp, seemed reasonable. I asked again at the weekend at the same dealer and was quoted 117k for non-abs and 125k for abs!

The msrp released by Honda was 99k for non-abs and 115k for abs. It would be interesting to see if they have increased the msrp, maybe SumetCycle could comment? If so are they now charging Honda dealers more for the bike which is resulting in a higher price quoted to customers?

When I paid my deposit in Jan I was quoted 105k for non-abs and 120k for abs which, at only 5k premium over the msrp, seemed reasonable. I asked again at the weekend at the same dealer and was quoted 117k for non-abs and 125k for abs!

I'm not aware of any change in MSRP by AP Honda. Also, we are still paying the same price for them.

i think that APe Honda cocked up on the price on release. Therefor not giving a hell of a lot of profit to the dealer. some are being stupid (150,000b) some are being reasonable 111,500b on the road (non abs, base price 109,000b)

Also it does not help that some include extra's in the price and some do not.

You need to check that.

Yes, the sponsor Sumet, for example, is including 1st class insurance (in their higher-than first suggested) price which, unlike many helmets and jackets, ain't just inexpensive toys. You'd have to check with your insurance agent to see, but it's certainly worth more than 5,000 baht.

On the other hand, I've seen nothing anywhere to confirm that dealers were asked to take too small a profit, and in any case, they are taking a lot. And as demonstrated above, they don't have the excuse of Honda having raised the factory cost to dealers. From the point of view of APHonda, the suggested list prices, if we'd had the supply, would have established Honda as the best way for Thais to go upscale and affirm to some degree the middle class dream (meanwhile continuing Honda's command of the market in this country). As it is now, we and even Thais might give consideration to the Chinese entries that are already establishing themselves - a bad thing, from the Honda/Japan's point of view.

I bought mine for 110k tax, insurance and rego inc. Many paid less.

To me, the dealers being able to choose their price, and thus you being able to find a lower price without too much difficulty if you please is better than say Kawa making the dealers sell their overpriced 250 at such an over inflated price without the dealers being able move from it.

Kawa Australia had to admit this by lowering the price of their ninja 250s as their monopoly of the market has come to an end and the embarrassing price tag simply had to be lowered. In the coming months as supply catches up with demand I'm sure you'll see the prices even out, although Thai Kawa will probably be too ignorant to admit the monopoly is over and will be left with warehouses full of tumbleweed.