Tat Licence

I'm starting business now in offering thailand villas to foreign customers for rentals. I have a web-site with hundreds of object and wish to work legally.

Working at home only.

Many villa owners are interested in my TAT lincence and do not want to cooperate with a company which does not have it.

At the same time a friend of mine from Pattaya offers the same services and they don't have this licence.

They receive money on their account from abroad and seem to work legally.

Someone told me that my company must have 2 thai directors to obtain this licence.

The questions are:

1. Do I need this licence to book villas and hotels for foreign clients or not?

2. Is it a big problem to work without it? What is the penalty for it?

3. Can I receive this licence without 2 Thai directors? If not can I change them to one farang (me) after receiving the licence?

Thank you in advance

If you are referring the villa owners to foreign customers for long term rental (ie monthly rental) and collecting commission from the rent then you would be considered a property real estate agent and no TAT license would be required. It is important to note that this is a restricted occupation for foreigners so you would need to set up a Thai majority owned Limited Company to proceed.

However, if you are referring the owners to foreign customers for short term vacation rentals as guests in the villas and collecting commission from the accommodation then you would need a TAT license as this would be considered as a Travel Agency.

Obtaining a TAT license as a foreign natural person is not allowed but a Thai majority owned limited company with the objective of working in the tourism business can apply for the TAT license.

Its important to note that if you are taking online bookings as a Travel Agent an E-commerce license may be required.

[sunbelt][/sunbelt]