Wigan Chase The Blues

Wigan moved into 2nd place in the Premiership today, hot on the exhaust fumes of Chelsea, with a 1-0 win over Newcastle. Another mammoth boob by an official did however rob the Magpies of an equaliser. Wigan for the Champions League?

Great result for Wigan and another nail int he coffin for Souness me thinks...I wonder how many games he has now to save his job?! Talking of refeering blunders...how Essiens tackle was not a straight red card i dont know?! Looked like a nasty one and could have done some real damage.

Again I dont like Rob Styles and only giving a yellow for that tackle speaks volumes about him as a ref. I dont mind seeing Bolton hard done by as they are a pretty rough and dirty team but that one deserved a red in my opinion.

Lamps10 - have you seen that very good article in todays online Guardian on behind the scenes in Norman's take over of Chelski - turns out he's always been a huge fotball fan (tongue firmly in cheek) - its a good read.

And fair play to Wigan they look alright don't they.

No; but I'll have a look. I read the Telegraph.

QuoteLampard 10

Yes you're right; Now there's only one team, not like the past ten years, two teams.

The fat lady is chirping not singing mate :o

I did say that "tongue in cheek" as a repy to someone who doesn't seem to know the history of the Premiership.

no one knows as much as u Lampard.....

Lamps10 - have you seen that very good article in todays online Guardian on behind the scenes in Norman's take over of Chelski - turns out he's always been a huge fotball fan (tongue firmly in cheek) - its a good read.

And fair play to Wigan they look alright don't they.

No; but I'll have a look. I read the Telegraph.

So does that mean you DON'T get the Guardian's brilliant "The Fiver" emailed to you everyday - subscribe man, they have a wicked sense of humour.

Wigan moved into 2nd place in the Premiership today, hot on the exhaust fumes of Chelsea, with a 1-0 win over Newcastle. Another mammoth boob by an official did however rob the Magpies of an equaliser. Wigan for the Champions League?

Good luck to Wigan, they are doing well... They have took 19 points from there last 21 available!! That is title winning form!

As a toon fan I can only say another terrible performance. I managed to go to the wigan game, our first-half performance was terrible. However, second half we did pick it up a little, which I think was souly down to the introduction of emre, he surely won't be here too long, someone will snap him up.

As for Souness, he is clueless, he has bought some good players but he hasn't a clue how to manage them. He brought Shola Ameobi on the right of midfield <deleted>, he has no pace, he cannot tackle or track back, he cannot cross a ball, he cannot do anything, he is f.ucking useless, I hate him.

Also, with the goal which wasn't given, how on earth did the ref miss that? I was right behind the goal when it when in, it was clearly over. I've not seen the replays of it yet on the tv, although I have heard it was at least a good foot over the line. I've also heard we should have had two penalties, although I'm not sure what for. Another thing, the wigan player who was sent off was a bit harsh too. It was a professional foul however, but the ref. only done it because he had f.ucked everything else up.

If there are any wigan fans reading this, you are terrible fans, you do not get behind your team what so ever, you are kany people, but as supporters go, quite bad indeed.

Souness and Ameobi out!!

Our next game is against the mackems, if we do not win that, souness will be packing his bags for sure... He can take that ###### Ameobi with him as well. After that game he was no where to be seen. He didn't go no where near the our fans, I hate him!

Also, with the goal which wasn't given, how on earth did the ref miss that? I was right behind the goal when it when in, it was clearly over.  I've not seen the replays of it yet on the tv, although I have heard it was at least a good foot over the line.

I've seen the replays and it was most definately a Goal. The use of Video evidence and technology is just round the corner, me thinks.

• 2 weeks later...

You would not have got good odds on Wigan staying up this year let alone challenging for a Champions League spot, everyone had them pinned to go down with Sunderland.

Well I think its brilliant and I hope they push Chelsea all the way, gives me hope that if Reading can get up this year we may have half a chance :o