PM Abhisit Asserts Democrat Rally At Ratchaprasong Will Be 'Constructive'

webfact

after all I am sure a prominent PT MP could have his son commit murder, help him escape completely illegally, and just a few short years later, still be the apple of his voters' eyes.

You don't have to look far for the evidence.One of the leading figures of PTP managed exactly to do what you are saying.In fact,if I'm not mistaken, the murderous son was a minister himself not so long a go.

Actually Wanchalerm (No.2 son) was Mr Happy Toilet( a minister?)

Duangchalerm (No.3 son was "accused" of the murder of Pol.Sen.Sgt Major Suwichai Rodwimuti in a pub, but, guess what?

The case was dismissed due to witnesses having poor eyesight and weak memories.

"Do you know who my daddy is?":annoyed:

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anybody know yet what he said? It's 8:30 and the rally will be over in 90 minutes. Abhisit promised to "expose the real killers" tonight. I see a lot of smoke, but no fire yet.

If you cannot see, take a smoke..

Does anybody know yet what he said? It's 8:30 and the rally will be over in 90 minutes. Abhisit promised to "expose the real killers" tonight. I see a lot of smoke, but no fire yet.

If you want fire, then perhaps they should have Arisan or Natthawut on stage...those are the prodigy style firestartas without the hair....seriously can we get some updates of what is going on?

You probably refer to this

"Abhisit said that during the Thursday rally, he will discuss the current situation in the country and discuss measures to restore national unity. The Democrat Party secretary-general insisted that he will defend the allegation against the caretaker premier and clarify the deaths of 91 people during last year's riots."

If you want fire, then perhaps they should have Arisan or Natthawut on stage...those are the prodigy style firestartas without the hair....seriously can we get some updates of what is going on?

They just showed some of the speeches .. and the fires

Up here in Isaan. Nothing on the local cable channel showing this at all. Is there no live TV coverage of this whatsoever?

try via livestream

found it. channel 74. between lady gaga videos and the red channel ironically

Edited by Thai at Heart

Chuan brings up Thaksin's vows to help pro-TRT provinces first. This is real double-standard, Chuan says. /via@tulsathit

This is the basis for my intense dislike of Thaksin,

and the actions that turned me from being his fan to the opposite.

It is a double standard that cost lives, and nearly cost me mine.

No forgiveness for Thaksin on this score.

Nice to see calm straight talk from K. Chuan.

I can confirm by my experience (21 years in Thailand), Chuan Leek Pai ( I make a big wai to him) developed as PM a system for public health (health stations) and some kind of micro credit.

Rural area, Dem stronghold. T. bled to death the system of Chuang Leek Pai and the Foundation of HRP Sirindhorn. Why? Democrat stronghold, no voters for him.

Up here in Isaan. Nothing on the local cable channel showing this at all. Is there no live TV coverage of this whatsoever?

Ask yourself .... why? :)

As I said, found it. But it isn't on any of the major channels. Am listening to Abhisit intently, and trying to get it all in my head.

He needs to lay out his vision for the future, more than defend his recent record. And then amazingly, mid speech, they have cut away for critical comment?????????? He hasn't even finished. Who manages this stuff????

Edited by Thai at Heart

I said it before and say it again" Will the Thai people really allow the lunatics to rule their country"

quite possibly and then see Taksin suppoters reaction as it slowly dawns even into their brainwashed heads that what they wished fro comes true and Thailand sinks into another one of those nations that could have been great but instead becomes serfdom of 1 man

Ask yourself .... why? :)

Direct broadcast of a political campaign, apart from bits and pieces in news programs, may be against the Election Law. At least as far as channel 3,5,7,9,11, nbt, etc. are concerned ?

Edited by rubl

This is ludicrous. I have an ajarn pulling Abhisit's message to pieces, and Abhisit moving his arms around in the bottom left hand corner like a deaf translator for the news.

I have a ..............................................very frustrated desire to hear the PM speak to the country

Edited by Thai at Heart

Incredible that The Nation's last update was over two hours ago. Can they not afford to send somebody over there to SMS tidbits back to headquarters? Lousy, lousy paper it is, amateur to the nth.

BP no better at their coverage.

Must be a night with a lot of good soaps on TV, don't want to disturb any of their journos' evening recreation. Never mind that one of the most important rallies in the past year is happening right now. Then they dare print articles about apathetic citizens.

Amazing Thailand!

Incredible that The Nation's last update was over two hours ago. Can they not afford to send somebody over there to SMS tidbits back to headquarters? Lousy, lousy paper it is, amateur to the nth.

BP no better at their coverage.

Must be a night with a lot of good soaps on TV, don't want to disturb any of their journos' evening recreation. Never mind that one of the most important rallies in the past year is happening right now. Then they dare print articles about apathetic citizens.

Amazing Thailand!

You can follow things on twitter, a few names are in the posts here:

#tulsathit (the Nation)

#terryfrd (the Other newspaper)

from tilsathit (twitter):

Abhisit recalls how he was "scolded everyday" for failing to act tough against protesters.

The bloody crackdown that left over 90 people killed (nobody knows by who, of course) wasn't "tough enough" then? If so, I'd hate to see what "tough" means by Abhisit's standards.

I bet many people remember that the crackdown happened only hours after a peaceful solution was reached by 3rd party negotiators.

Edited by themockrat

You can follow things on twitter, a few names are in the posts here:

#tulsathit (the Nation)

#terryfrd (the Other newspaper)

Actually, the two you mentioned haven't updated for over two hours....but 'Bangkok' has updates.....

Aha, found a live feed from what appears to be someone's webcam, on some channel called Asia ???. Feed is about the same as Skype.

He should have taken speech lessons from Sondhi.

You shoud really apply for a job there as his advisor.

Edited by Who, me ?

Now I have to laugh. As Abhisit gets the biggest applause of the night defending the action in the crackdown, they put up in the bottom corner, pictures of some reds pinned down on the road behind tyres, and then the producer actually cuts back to the ajarns, who are collectively chuckling to themselves about the irony of what they are seeing on the screen.

I hate political marketing buggars but Sondhi or Mandelson would have got these guys elected by a landslide.

Meanwhile, army pictures fill the whole screen whilst the PM is relegated to the bottom in screen picture. Crowd is getting a little more vociferous in their support

Edited by Thai at Heart

from tilsathit (twitter):

Abhisit recalls how he was "scolded everyday" for failing to act tough against protesters.

The bloody crackdown that left over 90 people killed (nobody knows by who, of course) wasn't "tough enough" then? If so, I'd hate to see what "tough" means by Abhisit's standards.

I bet many people remember that the crackdown happened only hours after a peaceful solution was reached by 3rd party negotiators.

He means got tougher earlier before it got out of control, and the barricades when up,

but was still a public disruption for many.

Aha, found a live feed from what appears to be someone's webcam, on some channel called Asia ???. Feed is about the same as Skype.

Hey, if the Dems lose this mess, we are all in for a very shakey 2 years, maybe 20. Nothing, and i mean NOTHING should have been left to chance.

Hey, if the Dems lose this mess, we are all in for a very shakey 2 years, maybe 20. Nothing, and i mean NOTHING should have been left to chance.

What do you mean IF the Democrats lose? It's quite clear they've already lost this election and Puea Thai will win by a landslide. Personally, I think we're in for a quiet few years. One has to remember that the worst years in Thailand's recent history have happened under a Democrat government. I'm looking forward for Thailand to return to normal.

Now I have to laugh. As Abhisit gets the biggest applause of the night defending the action in the crackdown, they put up in the bottom corner, pictures of some reds pinned down on the road behind tyres, and then the producer actually cuts back to the ajarns, who are collectively chuckling to themselves about the irony of what they are seeing on the screen.

I hate political marketing buggars but Sondhi or Mandelson would have got these guys elected by a landslide.

Meanwhile, army pictures fill the whole screen whilst the PM is relegated to the bottom in screen picture. Crowd is getting a little more vociferous in their support

But we all know how well educated the Ajarns themselves in this country are,so paying attention to their reactions and comments is the biggest waste of time.