Swiss Son Finds Mom’s Suicide Note

webfact

Swiss son finds mom’s suicide note

PHUKET: -- A son of 61-year-old Swiss woman Ursula Balzan, whose body was found floating off Phuket’s east coast last week, has confirmed the handwriting in a suicide note as that of his mother, say police.

Roman Balzan, 36, one of Mrs Balzan’s two sons, flew to Phuket from Switzerland last Sunday, Phuket City Police duty inspector Sien Keawthong told the Phuket Gazette.

He chose to stay overnight at the bungalow on Koh Maphrao where his mother had been staying, and found a suicide note under a computer monitor in the bedroom.

Mr Balzan verified the handwriting as that of his late mother.

The letter revealed that Ms Balzan intended to commit suicide at sea after taking sleeping pills, Lt Col Sien noted.

“Citing a cardiac disease, she wrote that she didn’t want be a burden on her sister and sons,” he added.

Considering the new evidence, officers suspect the broken neck and bruises to her body were sustained after she had died. They were probably the result of waves crashing the body into the rocky coastline, he said.

“During our investigation, we checked the house for evidence and missing property, but did not thoroughly inspect the bedroom. We didn’t want to make the family feel uncomfortable by invading their privacy,” explained Lt Col Sien.

Mrs Balzan’s other son, Kevin, flew to Phuket from Taiwan on Wednesday, he said.

In respect of their late mother’s wishes, the sons told police they do not want the body transported to a police forensic facility in Surat Thani for an autopsy. They just want her to rest in peace, he said.

Mrs Balzan’s body was cremated at Ladthiwanaram Temple (Wat Tai) in Chalong on Wednesday.

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2011-06-24

Related topic:

Mystery Surrounds Death Of Swiss Woman Found Floating Off Phuket

So very sad. Must be devasting for the sons. Really feel for them and my commiserations.

“Citing a cardiac disease, she wrote that she didn’t want be a burden on her sister and sons,” he added.

Very sad news, hope the truth will come true..............................RIP. :jap:

One Son flew in from Switzerland on Sunday, the other Son flew in from Taiwan on Wednesday which means neither were in the Country at the time of the Mother's death, therefore are not suspects in the case. What does concern me is that it would appear the Thai Police did not do a full forensic examination of the late Lady's Accommodation and whilst I am no medic, can a body sustain bruising after death? Rest in Peace dear Lady.

One Son flew in from Switzerland on Sunday, the other Son flew in from Taiwan on Wednesday which means neither were in the Country at the time of the Mother's death, therefore are not suspects in the case. What does concern me is that it would appear the Thai Police did not do a full forensic examination of the late Lady's Accommodation and whilst I am no medic, can a body sustain bruising after death? Rest in Peace dear Lady.

Anti mortem, peri mortem and post mortem bruising is identifiable by any decent forensic department. Even after the body has been in water.

Anti mortem, peri mortem and post mortem bruising is identifiable by any decent forensic department. Even after the body has been in water.

:whistling:

My deepest sympathies to the family on their loss.

It's difficult for the survivors to live with suicide and my thoughts go out to them at this most difficult time. As difficult as it may be to accept, this appears to have been a selfless act by a courageous lady.

RIP.

More insensitive posts removed. I'll say this one last time. No more speculative or insulting posts. Warnings will be issued if this continues.

The moderator is quite correct and let the family grieve on their own without stupid posts. I do not understand why some TV members do this as it does not help in any way. RIP and let the family do whats right for their mother at a sad loss

“During our investigation, we checked the house for evidence and missing property, but did not thoroughly inspect the bedroom. We didn’t want to make the family feel uncomfortable by invading their privacy,” explained Lt Col Sien.

Any other C.S.I. worldwide would put himself in trouble if caught speech as Lt Col Sien did...

Its only Yahoo Answers --and Google answers

And no I am not in any way an expert..........

And no I am not trying to cast any aspersions--

And maybe the police spokesman meant before death.......

(does that cover it all.........":ph34r:"

Bloodstops flowing the second the heart stops.

Bodies do not bruise after

death

Blood will pool to the lowest points in the body after death,

and this causes red/purple patchy areas.

Edited by oxo1947

Good that the cause of death has been discovered and the family has closure ..... R.I.P.

I'm not wishing to mud sling but I would have thought that other corroboration of her handwriting should have been checked, it is conceivable that her son could write a letter and say it was his mothers.

I'm not wishing to mud sling but I would have thought that other corroboration of her handwriting should have been checked, it is conceivable that her son could write a letter and say it was his mothers.

Let me make it simple for you even though you may not believe it: Swiss people don't do what you are suggesting here.

How about a few apologies from those folks who were screaming for the blood of the gardener and for the police.

This is hard on the families, I lost a sister to sucide because of ill health. It takes a while to work thru it. While it was her decision you keep asking yourself if I had only done more, If I had called more. Have some respect for the family donot make a fool of youselves by posting rubbage.

I found my sisters sucide note hidden in plain view.

Very good questions and very observant. B)

Its only Yahoo Answers --and Google answers

And no I am not in any way an expert..........

And no I am not trying to cast any aspersions--

And maybe the police spokesman meant before death.......

(does that cover it all.........":ph34r:"

Bloodstops flowing the second the heart stops.

Bodies do not bruise after

death

Blood will pool to the lowest points in the body after death,

and this causes red/purple patchy areas.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

completely incorrect. bruising can happen on a body after death, it takes several minutes for blood to settle and even after that, if a vein is broken and the blood is still warm then that blood will seep through and show a bruise.

Another sad story.

I thought that in cases of deaths like this one, an autopsy must carried out by law, also if someone wishes to commit suicide, why travel half way around the world to do it?

Whatever the circumstances of this women`s death, I hope this matter is soon resolved.

Same here, I cant imagine bruising after death. Scrapes and cut on the rocks but bruising I doubt.

A licensed physician stated that this type of accident could only occur from a 20 meter fall. I would hope that people on this forum would ask the tough questions that the Thai police never seem to be willing to answer when there is a foreign death. RIP and God Bless