Advise Sound System

erre191

I need help of some experts. I presently run a Sharp Front surround system, which is not bad at all, especially movies, but I also listen to music a lot and it just does not sound good enough.

I have a living room which is about 55sqm, the symmetric and structure not suitable (or very complicated) for a 5.1 system and I would like to buy a system with just a couple of large front speakers and subwoofer, which h allows me to play quality, powerful sound, but also movies via my Plasma.

Is there anything available for around 50K.? Thanks for any feedback, as I I don't have much ideas about this.

Thank you. ERRE

Hmmm....are you looking for something other than the replies in your previous thread? Piyanas, as mentioned in that thread as well as Maharajak on Suk are your best bets...otherwise, you might have to head to Bangkok.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/451723-wifi-system/page__view__findpost__p__4286654

Thank you very much. I have looked around and could not find anything ideal yet. I was hoping for somebody giving me a specific model. Thanks again for this great place to find solutions for almost everything. I am aware, this is great work by the moderators. Erre

Thank you very much. I have looked around and could not find anything ideal yet. I was hoping for somebody giving me a specific model. Thanks again for this great place to find solutions for almost everything. I am aware, this is great work by the moderators. Erre

There are so many makes a models I think it would be tough for somebody to be that specific. I'm surprised you can't find something. Try Maharajak...I think they have a new store on Suk now. Plus, google Piyanas. Their website shows a bunch of models. From cheap to crazy expensive.

The 50k budget is it for the two front speakers and the sub only or are you trying to squeeze in an AVR or rather a stereo amplifier too?

If you already have an AVR / stereo amplifier, what brand and type is it?

Budget priced speakers could be the Mordaunt Short Aviano 6 that would cost you only 16,900 baht at Piyanas. These speakers are quite good for their money. MS have two sub-woofers too: the Carnival 7 for 6,900 baht and the Carnival 9 for 9,600 baht. However, given that you have a rather large listening area one first need to look at amplification part. A too weak amplifier would not provide a good music sound.

If you are in need of an amplifier, I would recommend you to call on Mr Balance at the top floor of Panthip Plaza. He has some great second hand stuff and they are overhauled and tuned. The guy is a bit crumpy - he is Chinese - but he knows what he is talking about.

I suggest that you check the biggest Philips Soundbar with the 1000 Watt subwoofer (I don´t remember model #). Excellent sound for people who do not want a 5.1 system.

Edited by Xonax