Htc Desire + Ais Set Up

edh

Have a HTC Desire bought in Europe. Have a post paid contract with AIS smart phone package. Have got the internet to work but when I try and send a MMS I get a failure report stating "generic network failure"??

Have following MMS settings done:

Name - AIS MMS

APN - multimedia

Proxy - 203.170.229.34

Port - 8080

Username - not set

Password - not set

Server - not set

MMSC - http://mms.mobilelife.co.th

MMS Proxy - 203.170.229.34

MMS Port - 8080

MMS Protocol - WAP 2.0

MCC - 520

MNC - 01

Authentication Type - CHAP

APN type - mms

All above info received from their call center but still same error.

Anyone??

Regards,

Edh

You've actually put in too much information. For MMS to work correctly change the following.

Set Proxy and Port to <not set> (leave blank).

Authentication type should be <not set> (leave blank).

MMS Protocol should be <not set> (leave blank).

If there is an APN Protocol setting set it to "IPv4".

If you can just delete the settings and make it again with the following info only (all the rest is autoset from the system if needed).

"AIS MMS"

mcc="520"

mnc="01"

apn="multimedia"

mmsproxy="203.170.229.34"

mmsport="8080"

mmsc="http://mms.mobilelife.co.th"

type="mms"

Leave anything else blank and it should work. I think the main thing messing you up is the Proxy. The regular Proxy and MMS Proxy are not the same and that is probably the problem.

Thanks for your quick reply,

MMS protocol can't be set blank on my phone (two options WAP 2.0 and WAP 1.2).

Authenticationtype now set to "none" (setting it to not set would make me delete the whole set up and start over).

Rebooted the phone and tried without success.... :(

You've actually put in too much information. For MMS to work correctly change the following.

If you can just delete the settings and make it again with the following info only (all the rest is autoset from the system if needed).

"AIS MMS"

mcc="520"

mnc="01"

apn="multimedia"

mmsport="8080"

type="mms"

Leave anything else blank and it should work. I think the main thing messing you up is the Proxy. The regular Proxy and MMS Proxy are not the same and that is probably the problem.

I would delete the entire setup and start over. Only takes a few minutes. Put in only the items I listed and if WAP protocol is required, all the carriers are now using 2.0. I have had several Android phones, including an HTC Nexus One, and have always got MMS to work with the settings I provided to you.

Authenticationtype now set to "none" (setting it to not set would make me delete the whole set up and start over).

"AIS MMS"

mcc="520"

mnc="01"

apn="multimedia"

mmsport="8080"

type="mms"

Did exactly as you said, rebooted (with battery removal) restart and tried to send a MMS - same outcome "unable to send message. Retrying. Generic network failure"

Looks like I have to go to a shop..

Thanks anyway.

I would delete the entire setup and start over. Only takes a few minutes. Put in only the items I listed and if WAP protocol is required, all the carriers are now using 2.0. I have had several Android phones, including an HTC Nexus One, and have always got MMS to work with the settings I provided to you.

"AIS MMS"

mcc="520"

mnc="01"

apn="multimedia"

mmsport="8080"

type="mms"

Call AIS customer service...they may have to activate something on their end re your number...I think they may also send some sort of code or SMS to your phone that sets-up the MMS service. Anyway, they should at least be able to set you straight on what's required.

Hi,

I did that and what they did was to send me a text message with the settings I already mentioned.

But it might be so that haven't activated my MMS account? I did do a change over from 1-2 call to this smartphone package last week.

Will contact them again.

Regards

Edh

Call AIS customer service...they may have to activate something on their end re your number...I think they may also send some sort of code or SMS to your phone that sets-up the MMS service. Anyway, they should at least be able to set you straight on what's required.

Hi,

I did that and what they did was to send me a text message with the settings I already mentioned.

But it might be so that haven't activated my MMS account? I did do a change over from 1-2 call to this smartphone package last week.

Will contact them again.

Regards

Edh

Maybe also pop into one of their Telewiz shops...but I have always found their staff's English skills to be VERY weak :blink:

I did find this thread (thousands of hits on "HTC Desire MMS problem")... http://androidforums.com/desire-support-troubleshooting/67285-mms-problem-generic-network-error-htc-desire.html

Where jaffanz says, "turns out, i had to literally put the word 'Default' into the first of the two APN entries, the one for web browsing. So one has apn type Default, the other is apn type mms. if the first one is missing the second won't roll. tricky..."

Hello all,

I have now managed, by playing with the settings, to get the MMS to work.

It is a bit unstable (reason unknown) as the messages sometimes won't download to the phone but only giving an error message.

Another thing that comes as a surprise is that the "EDGE" symbol appears on my phone when I send a MMS. This could be related to the setting I now have, or that this is "normal".

I am a newbie with smartphones so I'm not sure what or when things are to connect or not.

Anyway, the settings provided by the call center did not work at all, so I decided to move all data from the suggested APN for AIS MMS over to my APN for AIS GPRS INTERNET.

Sent a few MMS with various degree of success but better then nothing.

Here are my settings on my HTC Desire A8181 Andriod 2.2

AIS GPRS INTERNET

APN-internet

proxy-203.170.229.34

port-8080

username-not set

password-not set

server-not set

MMSC-http://mms.mobilelife.co.th

MMS proxy-203.170.229.34

MMS port-8080

MMS protocol-2.0

MCC-520

MNC-01

Authentication type-CHAP

APN type-not set

Will give it a few days to see if it works.

regards

Edh

• 1 month later...

Hello all,

I have now managed, by playing with the settings, to get the MMS to work.

It is a bit unstable (reason unknown) as the messages sometimes won't download to the phone but only giving an error message.

Another thing that comes as a surprise is that the "EDGE" symbol appears on my phone when I send a MMS. This could be related to the setting I now have, or that this is "normal".

I am a newbie with smartphones so I'm not sure what or when things are to connect or not.

Anyway, the settings provided by the call center did not work at all, so I decided to move all data from the suggested APN for AIS MMS over to my APN for AIS GPRS INTERNET.

Sent a few MMS with various degree of success but better then nothing.

Here are my settings on my HTC Desire A8181 Andriod 2.2

AIS GPRS INTERNET

APN-internet

proxy-203.170.229.34

port-8080

username-not set

password-not set

server-not set

MMSC-http://mms.mobilelife.co.th

MMS proxy-203.170.229.34

MMS port-8080

MMS protocol-2.0

MCC-520

MNC-01

Authentication type-CHAP

APN type-not set

Will give it a few days to see if it works.

regards

Edh

These settings are work a peach on my Desire...thanks for the info :jap: