Passport Validity For My Four Year Old

hi there,

ive just bought flights to thailand, leaving in 2 weeks. im going with my 4year old daughter, we both have british passports, and our return date will be sept.1st

my passport is fine, i have three years left and ive applied for a single entry tourist visa. my childs passport though, expires nov 20th, does anyone know if this is going to be a problem...?

post office told me to renew her passport i'd have to go to london, but i cant take more time off work.....as shes only four and we have return flights well before her passport runs out im praying it'll be ok!!

any one been in this situation?

appreciate any knowledge on this subject!

thanks

Thailand requires a validity of 6 months for entry.

If they will make a problem of it in the case of a child I don't know, but better be save.

You could contact the airline and see what they have to say. They also check passport and visa before allowing you to board.

There is no definitive answer to this question. Some airlines wont let you board with less than 6 months. On the face of it, if you made it to Thailand they would probably let you in, but is a 1% chance they refuse acceptable? For me ....no way!

Take a day off and get a new passport otherwise you are asking for problems allround and travelling with a 4 yr old is stressful enough without added complications.

Thailand requires a validity of 6 months for entry.

If they will make a problem of it in the case of a child I don't know, but better be save.

You could contact the airline and see what they have to say. They also check passport and visa before allowing you to board.

hi,

thanks for replying.... i contacted the airline as you suggested and they said it wouldnt be a problem for us to fly. so that's made me feel better!

obviously i know that doesnt mean it'll be problem free at BKK...

if i had time or could do it by post i would just renew the passport, but im in a new job and they have already been more than generous with me having an extended holiday, i just cant ask for another day to do the passport.

thanks again

There is no definitive answer to this question. Some airlines wont let you board with less than 6 months. On the face of it, if you made it to Thailand they would probably let you in, but is a 1% chance they refuse acceptable? For me ....no way!

Take a day off and get a new passport otherwise you are asking for problems allround and travelling with a 4 yr old is stressful enough without added complications.

hi,

i really really can't ask for another minute off work! it will be the straw that breaks the camels back! if i could renew the passport i would, if i could pay triple and do it by post i would.

the airline say they will be fine with us flying, so maybe my luck is in....im just going to have to take a chance and hope whoever is at passport control in BKK is going to be kind...but yes, i think the extra stress has already aged me!!

thanks so much for your input

Given the fact that it is a child, I suspect that immigration will not be bothered. That the airline is willin to fly you is a good indication also, as they can be fined when they fly someone without the correct papers.

Given the fact that it is a child, I suspect that immigration will not be bothered. That the airline is willin to fly you is a good indication also, as they can be fined when they fly someone without the correct papers.

hi,

i hope it's all ok....my daughters father is thai and he has had a health problem for a while, but only recently told me about it.( he only told me because it's worsened....) hence all the last minute rushing around....

so fingers crossed we get into thailand and my little girl and her dad will have a lovely couple of months together !!

thanks again

If her father is Thai, than she is Thai also (if he was married to the mother or legitimized the child if not). She can get a Thai passport in that case as a Thai national.

well, although i was together with my daughters father for years, we never married....and as im british and she was born in england i thought it would be a long process to get her a thai passport...i wouldnt know where to start, or what i would need

i have thought about getting her a thai passport....but she was born in england, so she only has a british birth certificate and although i was together with her father for years we never married...

what would we need to get her a thai passport? how long does it take?

thanks