Facebook Valued At 70 Billion Dollars As New Investor Buys In

webfact

Facebook valued at 70 billion dollars as new investor buys in

New York - The value of the world's largest social network Facebook was estimated at 70 billion dollars Monday when investment firm GSV Capital climbed aboard the Facebook train.

Facebook has sold about 6.6 million dollars worth of its privately held shares to the California investment fund and is believed to be preparing for an initial public offering in 2012, Bloomberg financial news service reported.

"Facebook is a one-of-a-kind business which has created enormous network effects," said Michael T Moe, GSV chief executive officer. "With over 650 million people on its platform, or approximately one-tenth of the world's population, Facebook has established itself as a next generation social communications platform."

The investment is believed to equal about 15 per cent of the portfolio of publicly traded GSV.

Facebook shares are not yet publicly traded, but the stock occasionally comes available when employees sell their stock.

When Goldman Sachs invested in Facebook earlier this year, the network's worth was put at 50 billion dollars

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-06-28

facebook is the same as yahoo at the beginning of this century and the downfall will also become reality because this company is worth 0 baht on paper even they are selling stocks of air for a lot of money (right now)

Everything in the world is good and bad. Certain cars have good points(low fuel usage, good seats) and bad points (high maintenance of engine, noise from engine),etc. Houses are the same with good points and bad. When the bad out weights the good thats really bad.

FACEBOOK or Farcebook as most people call it is bad bad. sad.gif

I know of several marriages facebook was a part in wrecking & just look at some the unrest in the Middle East Facebook was a big part of.

It needs shut down if ya ask me.

with technology growing everyday . thing will come and go ..

if you ever want to invest in anything . Look at the " COIN PHONE "

is a jolly well reminder that nothing last forever .

Then look at NOKIA - while i grow up knowing Motorola and Ericsson

Nokia come into play .

but nowadays Nokia is kinda like the COIN Phone .

with the Speed of internet going faster Facebook would be just like Friendster and AOL Sooner or later

the Trick is buy out at the right time .

facebook is the same as yahoo at the beginning of this century and the downfall will also become reality because this company is worth 0 baht on paper even they are selling stocks of air for a lot of money (right now)

You have no clue what you are talking about, facebook already generates a LOT of advertising revenue. Form my own experience as one example:- I run a small home based ski-travel business and my business alone spends on average about A$50/day on facebook ads (this is over 4-5months per year as its a seasonal business).

Compare to Google where I spend about A$90/day, but I've advertised with Google for 3+ years and only just began facebook ads 2 months ago so its a pretty serious start. All this from a total advertising budget of A$30,000pa (all spent over 5 months) it means google & facebook account for roughly 70% of my advertising budget. Sure this ratio may not be so high for all businesses, ...but even so:- imagine if 70% of all world advertising revenue going to just 2 companies and what they would be worth? Okay reduce it to 40% and you are probably underestimating their worth.

Google "had it all" before (so to speak) but its going to be pretty hard for society to come up with a 3rd major player.

Yahoo never came close to having 1/10 of global population using their services.

You can't compare the two.

Shut Facebook down because it helped opressed people rise up against autocratic regimes?

What planet are you from?

It's not Facebook's fault someone cheated on their partner! Using your logic the whole Internet should be pulled!

Everything in the world is good and bad. Certain cars have good points(low fuel usage, good seats) and bad points (high maintenance of engine, noise from engine),etc. Houses are the same with good points and bad. When the bad out weights the good thats really bad.

FACEBOOK or Farcebook as most people call it is bad bad. sad.gif

I know of several marriages facebook was a part in wrecking & just look at some the unrest in the Middle East Facebook was a big part of.

It needs shut down if ya ask me.

Facebook could be the new google, or it could be replaced by something new and better tomorrow. Hard to tell. Thailand fb usage is growing at a good clip, it's the hot new thing. But for how long? In the usa they are shedding users....

I think real competition for Facebook comes from things like instapaper - easily share photos with friends, smaller services that take over some of the things fb did....

Facebooks big problem is that their advertising platform SUCKs. Fb knows pretty much everything about me, yet they manage to serve me completely uninteresting ads. Google knows much less, yet they show me things of interest, at least occasionally. Without a good ad platform they won't be making money...