Karaoke Clubs

HansBlinkers

Is there any Karaoke club (with the nice hostess) in this town that wont rip you off? I mean a place where you can walk in, agree a price ie 100 baht an hour for girl, such & such for whiskey and mixer etc etc and at the end of the night get a fair bill to reflect the evening you have had?

Or is it just me, that gets ripped off ?

No, it`s not only you that`s gets ripped off.

The bars, massage parlours, karaoke clubs/bars or girlie places never offer any satisfaction guarantees.

They are out to obtain as much money from the customer as possible for doing as little as possible.

Anyone that visits these places must have their wits about them.

Once in there you are at their mercy and caution should be taken.

Unless the girl really does fancy you, or you know or are accompanied by a friend or a friend of a friend of the owner, then whatever you become involved with during your visit, you do so at your own Discretion.

Why on earth would you frequent a Karaoke club? Those are usually for Asian men like the Japanese tourists that come on the big tour buses and are ready to drop a load of cash in the establishments. Some karaoke places will not even let farang men inside.

Of course you will get ripped off if they even let you inside. Some of them have thugs inside. If you don't like the bill you have been handed, too bad. Pay or else...

hb.

re ... agree a price ie 100 baht an hour for girl, such & such for whiskey and mixer etc etc and at the end of the night get a fair bill to reflect the evening you have had?

things might have changed but i used to go with a friend to the 1991 complex who liked to sing and i just went along for a change of scene

the girls there ( not 18 y o stunners ) used to ask if they could sit with me for 100 baht and a girlie drink was only 100 baht but this was three years ago

and you wont get surround sound or a screen as big as a bus there so dont expect too much.

dave2

ps ... 1991 is down the soi where the red mango is .... go past there and turn right

if you dont know that its in the sois about 500 yards directly behind spicys

pps ... b juice ...

re ... The bars, massage parlours, karaoke clubs/bars or girlie places never offer any satisfaction guarantees.

They are out to obtain as much money from the customer as possible for doing as little as possible.

is that right ?

ive been here six years and have never been happier with life ... you are obviously not : ( .... calm down dear ... michael winner : )

post-42592-0-82444300-1309310994_thumb.j

I met a guy once who was relieved of 15,000 Baht in a 2 hour kareoke session.

He was taken there by a tuk-tuk driver and neglected to ask about prices.

Apparantly he had about 10 girls in his room, singing and dancing, for which the poor chap paid a very high price.

On Chang Puak road there is a big Karaoke place called world something/ or earth something

Its on your right hand side if you are heading from the moat

I have never been ripped off in there, some very pretty girls, and we all sang and drank

Karaoke bars aimed at Thai often very good

I know of many in CM, 10bht per song.

One has girl work for tip, eat and drink what you eat and drink, usually spend 500bht lots of food, very drink.

Another, similar but charge lady drink 20bht.

100bht tip for attentive girl, 20bht if not so.

Edited by OlafStapleton

Restaurant scam in Pattaya, I witnessed this.

A guy goes into the restaurant. Views the menu that has pictures of the meals, paper sticker prices below the pictures and orders something described as some sort of steak with veg, 228 baht.

Meal arrives and while he is eating a girl begins chatting to him that appears all in innocence.

After a few minutes the sweet young innocent girl who appears to have taken a shine to the customer asks him if he would buy her a drink? She becomes insistant if the customer doesn`t seem interested so the customer obliges.

After the meal the customer requests his bill. He receives his bill, 745 baht for meal, 2000 baht for the now alleged hostess for who he bought the drink. The customer asks to see the menu again, but it has been changed. The pictures of the meals are the same; only the price stickers have been altered. This means that there are 2 menus.

Guy goes into a state of shock, argues with the staff, and then becomes surrounded by some staff that are basically thugs. The customer is faced with some ultimatums, he pays the full amount on the bill, gets beaten up or is threatened with the nice policeman being called who will lock him up in jail and throw away the key.

So customer pays the 2745 baht for the privilege of being sociable with a girl that approached him first and a crappy meat and veg meal.

For the 30 minutes it took for the customer to eat his meal that included the girl chatting with him cost 91.5 baht per minute.

Edited by Beetlejuice