Phuket Customs Warns Of Foreigners Cheating Thai Ladies

webfact

I never heard stories about thai ladies cheating foreigners ... :rolleyes:

I never heard stories of foreigners being cheated at all, especially not in Phuket :D

I do not believe i also ever read a story of thai police or customs lying or immigration :cheesy:

There is something fishy about this story :w00t:

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunate for the women involved, but it's nice to see the boot on the other foot for once.

Agreed. When they are many lovestruck expats losing their life savings every day in Thailand thinking they are supporting the love of their life and being left with nothing, it's kinda hard to feel sorry for this one anonymous woman (is she does exist) who lost nothing and the other women in the rumoured other cases.

Any Expat over the age of 45 that has or is in the process of losing their life savings because they are LOVESTRUCK .... deserves it! IMHO :rolleyes:

Anyone of any age who marries a hooker deserves it..!

This is one of the big problems with the Thai psyche and xenephobia; they have had this type of thinking ingrained in them since birth.

Why does it have to be about foreigners and Thais; wouldn't it be wise to just say to everyone; be aware, be smart and vigilant and don't be decieved by anyone....guess that is beyond the Thai scope of thinking...at least the govt's :annoyed:

+1

+1 +1

The foreigners are probably trying to recoup some of the monies they have contributed to the welfare of the sick buffaloes over the years. Its a 'dog eat dog' world out there, getting tough to tell who is the f..kee and the f..kor any more.

I agree with you 100%!! It is about time the foreigners started getting some monies back.

Why is it a foriegner? They wanted funds sent to a Thai bank account so for all we know it maybe a Thai lady, man or ladyboy running the con.

Good and bad people everywhere, hate labeling and saying one side is worse or better than the other. If "he" was lying about needing the funds I am pretty sure he can lie about himself being a Farang or even a man for that fact.

Edited by sexyman1

I think most folks are misreading this article.

What is popular in Thailand is Thai dating websites. Many Thai girls meet men with these websites. There are some bad guys out there who befriend a woman using the dating website and after a while promise to seed the woman something special. The woman gets excited and patiently waits for her gift. Instead she received the message customs needs to be paid and the man instructs the woman how to do it. The woman sends the money and gets nothing in return.

This is more common than most people think and is a real problem. I hope everyone understands the situation now.

Unfortunate for the women involved, but it's nice to see the boot on the other foot for once.

Agreed. When they are many lovestruck expats losing their life savings every day in Thailand thinking they are supporting the love of their life and being left with nothing, it's kinda hard to feel sorry for this one anonymous woman (is she does exist) who lost nothing and the other women in the rumoured other cases.

Any Expat over the age of 45 that has or is in the process of losing their life savings because they are LOVESTRUCK .... deserves it! IMHO :rolleyes:

More ‘cockwacker’than ‘bushwacker’ I think bit of a dumb statement. You know what they say; “nofool like an old fool”

Anyway.................... It’s all right for you….I bet you have a sheepfarm!

Come across this one and many others.

Guy emails us on our website showing interest in a 20m property. emails back and forward for a while then he announces his planned trip to buy said property and that he would bring a cash deposit and had secured the rest to be available within Thailand. Perfect English accent and well spoken. Got a call from a malaysian number to say he had arrived in asia. Next thing a call saying customs had stopped him because he had too much cash on him. Could we front him 300 dollars to get him here until he could get to the bank. so we thought we would have some fun. NO you need at least 1000 dollars, how do we get it to you. Western union he replies, so we ask him for the details which don't match the name we have for him of course. He tells us that it is the customs officer who is holding him that has kindly offered to withdraw the money so he can pay his fine and get out of there. We call and say we have sent the money and caarry on having a few beers awaiting his call. He says the money is not in and tell him he is a Nigerian scamster. The English accent disappears quite rapidly and he becomes very agitated and defensive. We tell him we have been tracking him and his gang for some time with the aid of interpol who have been tracing the cellphones and will be coming through the door any second. Phone goes down and strangely enough, once we have stopped laughing, we call back and the phone is obviously dead. A bit more sophisticated than the usual ones that want to put millions of dollars into your account. Hat's off for trying.

:unsure:I think she's upset that she didn't actually get the gift... what with Thais being so materialistic and all. So, the best way to scam a farang man- appeal to his heart. Best way to scam a Thai lady... promise material gifts.:ermm:

i can see the average "joe six pack" falang feeling glee over us "sticking it to the thai chic".

i know there are thousands, maybe tens of thousands of guys who have been stung.

but the best way back at these gals is not giggling like schoolgirls over someone else's screwup.

it's to tell all your friends and your friend's friends before they come here what to expect.

ahhhh, but with a bit of grog in there gut, whose gonna' remember anyways.....

know i'm going against the grain here but j.c. almighty, this place DOES attract suckers...

not saying i'm any smarter, just luckier...

Edited by turnpike

In this statement I believe they've transposed the subject and object, shouldn't it more accurately read;

Phuket Customs warns of Thai ladies cheating foreigners...

Bulls eye. Nothing more to be said. Except for the fact that it is easier and more convenient to blame the foreigner...

More of the sick perverted mentality that pervades the Thai system.

The report states a lady complained...a single lousey woman. So maybe a few women lose a few baht.....it can not be much as it for duty and VAT...and a stink is made of the issue. Foreigners lose their life savings, got mugged, scammed, beaten, murdered, poisoned and it's "som nom na".

We will do as we please to you unwashed farang...but touch a baht of ours and see what happens to you.

If ever we needed to see that we have no chance in Thailand then this is but a small part of the answer.

Edited by harleyclarkey

1- Phuket Custom office stepping up to warn innocent and prude Phuket ladies about farang scammers = :cheesy: :cheesy:

2- Wrong audience, phuket lady don't need internet to meet farangs ... Next :)

Edited by CantSpell

In this statement I believe they've transposed the subject and object, shouldn't it more accurately read;

Phuket Customs warns of Thai ladies cheating foreigners...

Foreigners, that covers a lot of Nationalities, there are some that could teach the Thai ladies a trick or two, were not all from Aus, USA. West Europe

i was very funny reading this about usa, aus, europe not cheat. just check your own mailbox, lot of uk lottery winning cheats, american cheats on any points, i myself was cheated by usa local company via internet - purchasing aviatickets (it was old website and I am not newbie in the net), and money for ticket go to usa bank to company account), my friend was cheated by netherland guy about check, etc.

so everywhere in the world have cheaters, but it not based on nationality. it just part of human nature of some peoples.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha

som-nam-na!!! the farang bites back!!!

There are of course exceptions, but the shear arrogance of some thai-birds in their scams and heartless schemes that really hurt people, emotionally.....

Playing with fire > getting burned > pot calling kettle > etc.

Thhe trouble with this is that it is not the same "Thai-birds" scamming the farangs that are being caught up in these reversed scamming activities. Surely you do not think that it is the bar-girl types or those who go out of their way to relieve farangs of their life savings that are being scammed so please have a little bit of sympathy for the Thai ladies that are being ripped-off!!! Besides, they (bar girls) and manipulative "black widows" are much too wiley and shrewd to fall for such things as they are the true master perpetrators of this type of scheme and DEFINITELY would not send money to SOMEONE ELSE.

Edited by SICHONSTEVE

There are of course exceptions, but the shear arrogance of some thai-birds in their scams and heartless schemes that really hurt people, emotionally.....

Thhe trouble with this is that it is not the same "Thai-birds" scamming the farangs that are being caught up in these reversed scamming activities. Surely you do not think that it is bar-girls that are being scammed so please have a little bit of sympathy for the Thai ladies that are being ripped-off!!! Besides, they (bar girls) are much too wiley and shrewd to fall for such things as they are the true master perpetrators of this type of scheme and DEFINITELY would not send money to SOMEONE ELSE.

:violin:

This is one of the big problems with the Thai psyche and xenephobia; they have had this type of thinking ingrained in them since birth.

Why does it have to be about foreigners and Thais; wouldn't it be wise to just say to everyone; be aware, be smart and vigilant and don't be decieved by anyone....guess that is beyond the Thai scope of thinking...at least the govt's :annoyed:

Here, here. The true facts are that many Thai women are equally as good at scamming money from Men. I seriously doubt that nationality matters when you step back and look at the big picture. Men scam women, and women scam men, that's just how it works when you live in a country where the government and others really don't give a shit about their people, and then make their xenophobic claims whenever a foreigner gets in on the act.

I am married to a Thai, and she, unlike many other women I have met here, never ever asked me, and doesn't ask me for me for money. There are good ones and there are bad ones. I am so lucky that I managed to find a good one, if you do, then marry her and treat her like she deserves to be treated. Always keep in mind that the woman that is tempting you from your marriage is the one that will ask you for money.

:redcard1: Warns! Should be wary of both. :ph34r:

:giggle: Cheating Thai ladies & Cheating foreigners. :coffee1:

:violin: In this world there are good ones and bad ones. :crazy:

Yes sure, but in this world "Thailand", the % of bad Thai ladies BLITZES the % of farang! 55555555555555555555555555

Thhe trouble with this is that it is not the same "Thai-birds" scamming the farangs that are being caught up in these reversed scamming activities. Surely you do not think that it is bar-girls that are being scammed so please have a little bit of sympathy for the Thai ladies that are being ripped-off!!! Besides, they (bar girls) are much too wiley and shrewd to fall for such things as they are the true master perpetrators of this type of scheme and DEFINITELY would not send money to SOMEONE ELSE.

Haven't been a victim yourself have we, by any chance???? :D

Edited by SICHONSTEVE

Haven't been a victim yourself have we, by any chance???? :D

Yeah, this is why i am playing violin for your "kind "words, you must be one of the "good hearts" :cheesy: