Phuket Customs Warns Of Foreigners Cheating Thai Ladies

webfact

A friend who was chatting with a falang she met on internet wasn't cheated out of anything except her time. The guy was making all sorts of out landish promises and telling her he wanted to buy a house and had her running around looking for one. I tried to tell her the guy was bullsh-t but she wanted to believe the best of him.

The story finally unravelled when the down payment wasn't sent as promised and communication stopped. Needless to say he recieved one very angry email calling him things worse than a bufflo.

What the guy got out of it who knows but he did hurt a very nice woman, she had grown to like the guy during their chats

She fell for the scam because she was greedy. She didn't believe she could work, save money and buy her own house. A lot of them are like that.

I'm still renting because me ex didn't believe we could buy a house and pay installmentally. I guess she's still waiting for her internet bf to fulfill his promises of buying her a house (paid cash ) and a Camry ( my car is much more cheaper than a Camry ).

Speaking about internet BF.

I had a date with one just the other day.

30 years old, not a stunner but ok to look at, works for good company.

First time we meet, she had no problem telling me that boyfriend must give her money and buy everything than she will have good feeling, if he not give money-have bad feeling and not have love.

Me being me, rather less diplomatic, i advised her that in this case, i much prefer to get bar girl, as not only it was cheaper but also more fun.

She had no problem looking me straight in the eyes and telling me that its not the same, and with her when he gives money its real love.whistling.gif

Just yesterday went to buy a new car and was advised by the sales girl( this one was actually pretty hot) that if i buy the car she would go for dinner and spend the night with me(commissions must be high).

Again, could not help myself but to advise her that 1 000 000 baht is little expensive just for 1 night, but i was happy if the offer was to be extended to 1 month-cheesy.gif

Edited by kuffki

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aha .. the Evil Foreigners strike again!

Why couldn't Phuket customs warn Thai ladies of just "an Internet scam"??? Instead it had to be brought down to good Thai v. bad Foreigner mudslinging? This type of headlines is what fuels xenophobia and ignorance here.

But I really doubt that there were any Thai ladies who forked out money on foreigner's request. That would be like trying to milk a rock. Maybe they were so SHOCKED that they reported just an attempt to Police. After all foreigner asking Thai lady for money should know there is jail term for that.

Actually the same scam, and similar scams, have occurred in Bangkok and a number of Thai ladies were scammed out of some serious amounts. The heartless money-grubbers are actually in the minority, believe it or not.

The heartless money grubbers also scam eachother,

This is not a new thing these scams have been going on for years.

I have actually exposed 3 scammers to their would be Thai victims, about 4 years ago.

one scammer was so stupid to try the same scam with 2 of my chat friends both these girls asked for my advice and were shocked to find it was the same man " A Doctor "

Unfortunately it is the decent trusting women who get conned.

The hard bitches who rip off farangs never seem to get conned or caught .

Same experience here.

Have helped several friends out to track down all info and make sure they didn't lose anything and had the scammers info incase anything would happen later. (They often get very testy when the victims fail to deliver the payments after they have spent money making international calls etc.)

I should perhaps add to not only Thai ladies was scammed, other nationalities of friends was also targeted. The only common factor was that they all had profiles on social networking and/or dating sites.

And all the scams was done by Nigerians operating out of Malaysia.

First time we meet, she had no problem telling me that boyfriend must give her money and buy everything than she will have good feeling, if he not give money-have bad feeling and not have love.

Me being me, rather less diplomatic, i advised her that in this case, i much prefer to get bar girl, as not only it was cheaper but also more fun.

She had no problem looking me straight in the eyes and telling me that its not the same, and with her when he gives money its real love.

Just a portion from Love For Sale by Cole Porter.

Love for sale

appetizing young love for sale

love thats fresh and still unspoiled

love thats only slightly soiled

love for sale

TheWalkingMan

How dare foreigners come here and cheat our women. If it keeps up like this Isaan will go bankrupt, and foreigners will have a bad name in Thailand.

Unfortunate for the women involved, but it's nice to see the boot on the other foot for once.

Thai Customs have issued a warning for Thai ladies to beware of cheating foreigners.

Isn't it the other way around, like my father had an accident, mom is sick, brother lost three legs and the buffalo isn't reproducing with the cow any more..........:jap:

I love threads like this.

It reminds me of how many idiots there are on this forum.

Love how you’re all happy or justifying that this womandeserved it because: 1) it’s always the other way around with Thais scammingforeigners , 2) she got scammed before she could scam him, 3) It’s karma becauseyou got scammed by a Thai woman, or your friend got scammed, or a friend of afriend got scammed…

Pathetic.

I love threads like this.

It reminds me of how many idiots there are on this forum.

Love how you're all happy or justifying that this womandeserved it because: 1) it's always the other way around with Thais scammingforeigners , 2) she got scammed before she could scam him, 3) It's karma becauseyou got scammed by a Thai woman, or your friend got scammed, or a friend of afriend got scammed…

Pathetic.

Pathetic is the primitive thinking of yours. She/they got scammed because she/they were stupid.

What kind of a moron goes to deposit the money into an account of someone who they do not even know? furthermore, if/when the "to be bf" does not have the money to pay customs tax, how is he planning to stay and pay for the holiday?

Simple common sense would suggest anyone traveling to another country has either cash or credit cards or some sort of money to pay for the trip

Edited by kuffki

Pathetic is the primitive thinking of yours. She/they got scammed because she/they were stupid.

whistling.gif

What kind of a moron goes to deposit the money into an account of someone who they do not even know? furthermore, if/when the "to be bf" does not have the money to pay customs tax, how is he planning to stay and pay for the holiday?

I dunno. As a farang male why don't you tell me?

Seems to be a lot of 'morons' on here with similar sob stories.

Simple common sense would suggest anyone traveling to another country has either cash or credit cards or some sort of money to pay for the trip

Read again: the scammer sends his bride-to-be a package with gifts. The shipping agency holds the package for tax-purposes, as per usual. They will also supply a list of items in the package. In most countries the receiver of a package pays the tax in the destination country.

The scam is that the package is all virtual since the shipper is a faked one, using a cloned webpage from some other agencies. Might even have a 'proper' tracking-functionality of the package in question.

Read again: the scammer sends his bride-to-be a package with gifts. The shipping agency holds the package for tax-purposes, as per usual. They will also supply a list of items in the package. In most countries the receiver of a package pays the tax in the destination country.

The scam is that the package is all virtual since the shipper is a faked one, using a cloned webpage from some other agencies. Might even have a 'proper' tracking-functionality of the package in question.

I believe you are incorrect, the OP is not about this, not only that the scam you are talking about is paid to the customs, not the sender

whistling.gif

I dunno. As a farang male why don't you tell me?

Seems to be a lot of 'morons' on here with similar sob stories.

Well you the one doing the judging and seem to be able to suck the water out of thin air. So please educate me.

PS. What would you be? the dumped farang lady or the unpaid Thai lady?or the thai men wishing he could get money for nothing?:rolleyes:

Similar things have happened to 3 of my Thai ladyfriends

1 - Met a guy on a website they swapped email for 2 years no cam t cam though. And he sent regular photo's to her.

She got an email from a bona fida UK Courier with an invoice for 35,000 Customs for a wedding present for her parents to show he was serious about her.

Unfortunately I've heard similar stories from Thai women that I consider credible. Scammers are equal opportunity crooks-they will take anyones cash...

Interesting that so many people equate 'foreigner' to 'farang' - others realised this is likely (as it fits with the standard form) Nigerian scams - hardly 'farang'. Maybe customs should have said beware of Nigerian scammers, how many "nice Thai ladies" will likelwise take the warning to be about 'farang' and not other foreigners.

About a month ago I saw an advert on the Thai online classifieds. The advert purported to be a European farang couple that were going home and wanted a good home for their two african pythons - the advert was supposedly written by the wife of a minister. So, I emailed them (replied to the advert). An email came back asking that it would be a good home and that we were Christians (advert also said this) - seemed very pushy that only Christians should adopt the snakes. I didn't think the snakes were likely to be Christians themselves or overly concerned about missing Sunday mass, so I lied and said I was - along with other details such as my phone number (not address - or bank details of course - this was not asked for YET). Email back, they were happy for us to adopt them. Then another email - we are shipping these from Somalia, with CITES papers (which muct be fake as african pythons (also named ball pythons) can not be taken from Africa were they live - CITES II I believe - and only captive bred non-African ones are non-CITES) and would need $450US for shipping. I replied, "Oh, I see - Good try, but no!". I did some checking afterwards and found adverts going back over 2 years with the same snake photos and variations of the advert (different places/people/reasons for sale). The English was poor in the emails, but I initially put that down to the fact that maybe they were from a non-English speaking Eurpean country.

I'm not fool enough to give out bank details or send money, but many people are more gullable and could loose the farm (and do every day). There are so many variations on this theme. By the way, I did get a phone call, the voice was an obviously African accented male (likely over 40) - not SUD - I guess Nigerian (or Somali as that was where they said the source was - could have been a lie of course). He asked me if I was going to go ahead - if I wanted them, and did I think they were free - I simply said I know it is a scam and I have no interest in wasting my money giving it to a crook. He tried to convince me otherwise for a few seconds and I laughed and put the phone down.

What interested me was that the scam was aimed at foreigners in Thailand (English language Thai based adverts) and at Christains in particular. It also amused me that they had no idea snakes of the same breed can be bought here legally (captive bred) for a lot less than $450 for two smallish youngesters (about 2 years by the photos).

[Edit: Typos]

Edited by wolf5370

A friend who was chatting with a falang she met on internet wasn't cheated out of anything except her time. The guy was making all sorts of out landish promises and telling her he wanted to buy a house and had her running around looking for one. I tried to tell her the guy was bullsh-t but she wanted to believe the best of him.

The story finally unravelled when the down payment wasn't sent as promised and communication stopped. Needless to say he recieved one very angry email calling him things worse than a bufflo.

What the guy got out of it who knows but he did hurt a very nice woman, she had grown to like the guy during their chats

She fell for the scam because she was greedy. She didn't believe she could work, save money and buy her own house. A lot of them are like that.

I'm still renting because me ex didn't believe we could buy a house and pay installmentally. I guess she's still waiting for her internet bf to fulfill his promises of buying her a house (paid cash ) and a Camry ( my car is much more cheaper than a Camry ).

She had no problem looking me straight in the eyes and telling me that its not the same, and with her when he gives money its real love.whistling.gif

Just yesterday went to buy a new car and was advised by the sales girl( this one was actually pretty hot) that if i buy the car she would go for dinner and spend the night with me(commissions must be high).

Again, could not help myself but to advise her that 1 000 000 baht is little expensive just for 1 night, but i was happy if the offer was to be extended to 1 month-cheesy.gif

Please please ask her if she will afford me the same privilege for a Honda Jazz ( 600,000 บาท)

What??? She wanted dinner too? Cheeky salesgirl. :lol:

TheWalkingMan

What??? She wanted dinner too? Cheeky salesgirl. :lol:

TheWalkingMan

Absolutely! She wanted first I buy car, then take her for dinner and then let her use my body for her pleasures!

Seems there is no shortage of foreign guys that actually will be the "pay as we go" man. I guess it depends on ones needs and desirability, and if they deem it acceptable to pay for a girl like that. Some guys make a business calculation and may believe it is still cheaper than dating a woman in their home country and don't really care if the girl has very little upstairs or is not interesting, or is available to the "highest bidder" for it seems to be the physical company / sex that matters most, and the age/ slimness difference.

I cannot fault something if it works for them.

I found that adding "if you need money, ask your father" to an internet profile, will filter many scammers.

Edited by atyclb

Seems there is no shortage of foreign guys that actually will be the "pay as we go" man. I guess it depends on ones needs and desirability, and if they deem it acceptable to pay for a girl like that. Some guys make a business calculation and may believe it is still cheaper than dating a woman in their home country and don't really care if the girl has very little upstairs or is not interesting, for it seems to be the physical company / sex that matters most, and the age/ slimness difference.

I cannot fault something if it works for them.

I found that adding "if you need money, ask your father" to an internet profile, will filter many scammers.

I think you are making an assumption that they actually read the profile.

In my profile i have in caps the following

-no ladyboys

-no fathers looking for bf for sister or daughter or friend

i also have that i am australian living in thailand, can speak thai.

You guessed, it.

Every second email is from a ladyboy or some guy looking for bf for sister etc etc

Every conversations starts with "where you from" "where you stay"

I think at the end of the day, the scams work because people fall for it, because either they too stupid to realize or use wrong part of the body to do the thinking.

But any offers or romances or anything else coming off the internet should definitely ring some bells

I believe you are incorrect, the OP is not about this, not only that the scam you are talking about is paid to the customs, not the sender

Read again.

Read again.

I am reading and more reading and this is what i read

"they send the victims presents, but then they phone or email the victims asking that they transfer money to their accounts to pay for VAT [value-added tax] or import taxes at the airport,”

Still reading

"Ms Monthira explained that one foreigner asked a Thai woman to send him money because he said he was being held at Phuket Airport by Thai Customs for trying to bring into the country too much foreign currency."

Perhaps you can underline for me where it talks about the scenario you trying to tell

How dare foreigners come here and cheat our women. If it keeps up like this Isaan will go bankrupt, and foreigners will have a bad name in Thailand.

Unfortunate for the women involved, but it's nice to see the boot on the other foot for once.

OMG u r are con artist Thai ladies best customer. Think u will be first in the line of fools

"they send the victims presents, but then they phone or email the victims asking that they transfer money to their accounts to pay for VAT [value-added tax] or import taxes at the airport,”

Still reading

"Ms Monthira explained that one foreigner asked a Thai woman to send him money because he said he was being held at Phuket Airport by Thai Customs for trying to bring into the country too much foreign currency."

Perhaps you can underline for me where it talks about the scenario you trying to tell

Again: The scam is that they are telling them that they have packages or merchandise (see your example #1: Need them to 'pay for VAT [value-added tax] or import taxes') that need to be paid to get to them. Most cases are (said) directly emailed packages. Your second quote is just a version of the same. The payment is required to release something and the payment goes via a faked agent or 'not proper' account.

I am sorry that you fail to understand that just because your read it is a variant of the scam that has been going on for years doesn't mean it is a different gang. They can still pull off the above from their same main base of operations, they might just have altered the story towards some of the targets.

(The 'sent package' scam was last used against a middle eastern friend of mine mere months ago -- luckily she had no plan to pay anything and just strung the guy along. Until he started being abusive over the phone for her not paying to the 'shipping agent'.)

"they send the victims presents, but then they phone or email the victims asking that they transfer money to their accounts to pay for VAT [value-added tax] or import taxes at the airport,"

Still reading

Again: The scam is that they are telling them that they have packages or merchandise (see your example #1: Need them to 'pay for VAT [value-added tax] or import taxes') that need to be paid to get to them. Most cases are (said) directly emailed packages. Your second quote is just a version of the same. The payment is required to release something and the payment goes via a faked agent or 'not proper' account.

I am sorry that you fail to understand that just because your read it is a variant of the scam that has been going on for years doesn't mean it is a different gang. They can still pull off the above from their same main base of operations, they might just have altered the story towards some of the targets.

(The 'sent package' scam was last used against a middle eastern friend of mine mere months ago -- luckily she had no plan to pay anything and just strung the guy along. Until he started being abusive over the phone for her not paying to the 'shipping agent'.)

What are you talking about?

Its written right there in plain and simple English.

Black ink on white paper.

Stop imagining things and trying to prove you right. YOU ARE WROING.

Op is not about the scam you are talking about, if you do wish to discuss the scam you talking about, make another thread for it.

It's not a cause for celebration when people lose money through naivety, whether starry-eyed foreigner or local lady. Let's just hope what goes around comes around. For those who do celebrate I am sure there is some different and better variant just waiting around the corner to catch you out :rolleyes:.

Personally I will tell all my wife's friends who might be chatting with foreigners about this scam, same as I tell foreign friends about the stunts some Thai ladies might pull.

Unfortunately the story is wildly inaccurate, supposedly the foreign guy arrives at the airport, he then has a "Thai female Customs Officer" call the young lady and insist on a payment for a number of reasons, usually its that her bf has too much cash and a fine must be paid..............do any of you really think that a foreign national hatched this hair brained scheme?

Who is the "Customs Officer" ? a) a genuine Royal Thai Customs official B) possibly a young lady with nothing to do during "daytime" c) possibly a slightly older lady that cant work nights anymore due to ..........lets say fresher competition, one thing for sure the answer is not "a". The Bank of Isaan is quite safe, the cash will probably end up there anyway.

Any chance someone could call the mobile number used by the "Customs Officer" and find out who and where she is? Seems like a no brainer.................

Unfortunately the story is wildly inaccurate, supposedly the foreign guy arrives at the airport, he then has a "Thai female Customs Officer" call the young lady and insist on a payment for a number of reasons, usually its that her bf has too much cash and a fine must be paid..............do any of you really think that a foreign national hatched this hair brained scheme?

Who is the "Customs Officer" ? a) a genuine Royal Thai Customs official B) possibly a young lady with nothing to do during "daytime" c) possibly a slightly older lady that cant work nights anymore due to ..........lets say fresher competition, one thing for sure the answer is not "a". The Bank of Isaan is quite safe, the cash will probably end up there anyway.

Any chance someone could call the mobile number used by the "Customs Officer" and find out who and where she is? Seems like a no brainer.................

"they send the victims presents, but then they phone or email the victims asking that they transfer money to their accounts to pay for VAT [value-added tax] or import taxes at the airport,"

Still reading

Op is not about the scam you are talking about, if you do wish to discuss the scam you talking about, make another thread for it.

Are you on drugs?

You even quote "they send the victims presents, but then they phone or email the victims asking that they transfer money to their accounts to pay for VAT [value-added tax] or import taxes at the airport," -- which is exactly what my post was about.

Still reading

Are you on drugs?

You even quote "they send the victims presents, but then they phone or email the victims asking that they transfer money to their accounts to pay for VAT [value-added tax] or import taxes at the airport," -- which is exactly what my post was about.

Stop trolling!

Your post WAS about girls getting invoices to pay for the tax. Supposedly was a fake invoice

This OP is NOT about this, If you can not understrand basic English, try using online translators.rolleyes.gif