Phuket Customs Warns Of Foreigners Cheating Thai Ladies

webfact

kuffki, seriously, read the OP and even your own post that quotes it.

"they send the victims presents, but then they phone or email the victims asking that they transfer money to their accounts to pay for VAT [value-added tax] or import taxes at the airport,"

It is all variations on the same scam. Or you are saying that since not every scam they pull is enacted with the same exact details, it must be completely different, unrelated, scams or issues we talk about?

What exactly is your point? You seem confused.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"they send the victims presents, but then they phone or email the victims asking that they transfer money to their accounts to pay for VAT [value-added tax] or import taxes at the airport,"

It is all variations on the same scam. Or you are saying that since not every scam they pull is enacted with the same exact details, it must be completely different, unrelated, scams or issues we talk about?

Send HIM money NOT send money to shipping company.

Why do you continue to troll even though you are well aware that OP is NOT about the scam you keep trying to prove for some unknown reason.

Another stupid article over a moot point.

People get spammed on their email, and no articles are written. Thais are not exclusive to getting spammed in their email.

So what's the difference from getting spammed in person. Just tell them "tough luck" and hit delete. Or, just hit delete.

That's the problem with people these days. No logic and self-reliance. P.T. Barnum would have had a field day here.

Why do you continue to troll even though you are well aware that OP is NOT about the scam you keep trying to prove for some unknown reason.

Again, you have no idea about the history or the pattern. It is obvious.

I welcome debating this with you after you spent some years dealing with 419-scams and have any knowledge on the subject.

Again, you have no idea about the history or the pattern. It is obvious.

I welcome debating this with you after you spent some years dealing with 419-scams and have any knowledge on the subject.

cheesy.gif, now you are scam expert as well as expert on everything elseclap2.gif

A friend who was chatting with a falang she met on internet wasn't cheated out of anything except her time. The guy was making all sorts of out landish promises and telling her he wanted to buy a house and had her running around looking for one. I tried to tell her the guy was bullsh-t but she wanted to believe the best of him.

The story finally unravelled when the down payment wasn't sent as promised and communication stopped. Needless to say he recieved one very angry email calling him things worse than a bufflo.

What the guy got out of it who knows but he did hurt a very nice woman, she had grown to like the guy during their chats

She fell for the scam because she was greedy. She didn't believe she could work, save money and buy her own house. A lot of them are like that.

I'm still renting because me ex didn't believe we could buy a house and pay installmentally. I guess she's still waiting for her internet bf to fulfill his promises of buying her a house (paid cash ) and a Camry ( my car is much more cheaper than a Camry ).

Speaking about internet BF.

I had a date with one just the other day.

30 years old, not a stunner but ok to look at, works for good company.

First time we meet, she had no problem telling me that boyfriend must give her money and buy everything than she will have good feeling, if he not give money-have bad feeling and not have love.

Me being me, rather less diplomatic, i advised her that in this case, i much prefer to get bar girl, as not only it was cheaper but also more fun.

She had no problem looking me straight in the eyes and telling me that its not the same, and with her when he gives money its real love.whistling.gif

Just yesterday went to buy a new car and was advised by the sales girl( this one was actually pretty hot) that if i buy the car she would go for dinner and spend the night with me(commissions must be high).

Again, could not help myself but to advise her that 1 000 000 baht is little expensive just for 1 night, but i was happy if the offer was to be extended to 1 month-cheesy.gif

Seems there is no shortage of foreign guys that actually will be the "pay as we go" man. I guess it depends on ones needs and desirability, and if they deem it acceptable to pay for a girl like that. Some guys make a business calculation and may believe it is still cheaper than dating a woman in their home country and don't really care if the girl has very little upstairs or is not interesting, or is available to the "highest bidder" for it seems to be the physical company / sex that matters most, and the age/ slimness difference.

I cannot fault something if it works for them.

I found that adding "if you need money, ask your father" to an internet profile, will filter many scammers.

My date from hell goes under the pseudonym BEAUTIFULALLTIME at a very friendly thai dating site

My date from hell goes under the pseudonym BEAUTIFULALLTIME at a very friendly thai dating site

Short, chubby, typical aging former div2 massage-girl class...but do tell why it was a date from hell.

I've seen her. I feel for you! I'm surprised you even went out for the date!

She let's you know exactly what she wants from her profile.

She sounds vile!

Out of interest. How many hours, minutes did you manage before you ran?

Short, chubby, typical aging former div2 massage-girl class...but do tell why it was a date from hell.

Invited her to eat dinner at an upscale thai pub-restaurant. Girl called from taxi to get direction and get this. "order a whiskey and soda". yes, en-route ordered a drink. The bartender that took the call looks at me in disbelief and said it is very strange. Online girl spoke about her 10,000 baht/week hi-so modeling job but called me to the street to pay her taxi fare, because "she did not have small money" 77 baht fare, she gave the driver my 100 baht and said "keep the change" Hmmm, first impressions no so good. (7 Eleven right there but guess did not have change to break her big money.)

Next I could not help but notice her skin tone was way darker than her internet pics, in which she appears to have chinese blood. Adobe Photoshop manipulated photos!!

She begins to drink like a fish and tell me tall tales. She was an ABAC student. Then a Mahidol student, then Chiang Mai U. I notice her Thai language ability is not consistent with students at those universities, she doesn't know the meaning of several very common thai words. My boredom has hit an all time high so I ask for the check at which time she orders an additional 2 drinks. I cancel the 2 drinks because I am tired and am going home. She tells me "its nothing for you" why do you cancel order ? I tell her cause I am leaving and someone that claims to have been a student at top universities should know better and be polite and appreciative, especially after a pricey meal and drinks already. 3,000 baht bill already. She starts to yell, drunk already, telling me she doesn't like stingy people, blah, blah blah, quack quack...

She couldn't believe I was not interested in her, yelling and making a scene, other people looking at her in disbelief.

Delusional alcoholic is my impression, or just basic lying alcoholic. There are many girls like that, some with alcohol, some without. She created a new profile on a popular internet dating site and plays "tag team" with another girl on that same site. Current profile shows her with shorts unzipped and panty in full view. Many guys have already expressed interest in her at comments below pics.

Who will be the next "lucky guy" ???:whistling:

Invited her to eat dinner at an upscale thai pub-restaurant. Girl called from taxi to get direction and get this. "order a whiskey and soda". yes, en-route ordered a drink. The bartender that took the call looks at me in disbelief and said it is very strange. Online girl spoke about her 10,000 baht/week hi-so modeling job but called me to the street to pay her taxi fare, because "she did not have small money" 77 baht fare, she gave the driver my 100 baht and said "keep the change" Hmmm, first impressions no so good. (7 Eleven right there but guess did not have change to break her big money.)

Next I could not help but notice her skin tone was way darker than her internet pics, in which she appears to have chinese blood. Adobe Photoshop manipulated photos!!

She begins to drink like a fish and tell me tall tales. She was an ABAC student. Then a Mahidol student, then Chiang Mai U. I notice her Thai language ability is not consistent with students at those universities, she doesn't know the meaning of several very common thai words. My boredom has hit an all time high so I ask for the check at which time she orders an additional 2 drinks. I cancel the 2 drinks because I am tired and am going home. She tells me "its nothing for you" why do you cancel order ? I tell her cause I am leaving and someone that claims to have been a student at top universities should know better and be polite and appreciative, especially after a pricey meal and drinks already. 3,000 baht bill already. She starts to yell, drunk already, telling me she doesn't like stingy people, blah, blah blah, quack quack...

She couldn't believe I was not interested in her, yelling and making a scene, other people looking at her in disbelief.

Delusional alcoholic is my impression, or just basic lying alcoholic. There are many girls like that, some with alcohol, some without. She created a new profile on a popular internet dating site and plays "tag team" with another girl on that same site. Current profile shows her with shorts unzipped and panty in full view. Many guys have already expressed interest in her at comments below pics.

Who will be the next "lucky guy" ???:whistling:

• 1 month later...

Ms Monthira explained that one foreigner asked a Thai woman to send him money because he said he was being held at Phuket Airport by Thai Customs for trying to bring into the country too much foreign currency.

The whole story seems to be a big fake: if held by the customs because of too much foreign currency (= money)- which means he has some (!) - why do you think the customs are not clever enough to keep a certain amount??

:annoyed:

Edited by Sturbuc

Unfortunate for the women involved, but it's nice to see the boot on the other foot for once.

Agreed. When they are many lovestruck expats losing their life savings every day in Thailand thinking they are supporting the love of their life and being left with nothing, it's kinda hard to feel sorry for this one anonymous woman (is she does exist) who lost nothing and the other women in the rumoured other cases.

Any Expat over the age of 45 that has or is in the process of losing their life savings because they are LOVESTRUCK .... deserves it! IMHO :rolleyes:

Couldn't agree with you more.