O-Visa Extensions

Just a quick warning on bank accounts. Do not, repeat, not change your bank during the 90 day period immediately prior to visa extension date. Even though you may have had the required amount in the first bank, if you close that account and immediately open another account at another bank within minutes on the same day there is every chance that immigration may not grant your extension when you go to apply, because your funds have not been in the new account long enough to mature for the required 90 days.

Taking your old bank book to prove that you had the necessary funds in a Thai bank account in plenty of time may help but is by no means certain. Yesterday, the Korat office finally overlooked the fact that my 800,000 had been in my new account for only 89 days, and graciously issued my extension instead of forcing me to return the following day which, (insisted the senior officer), they were quite within their right to require. So there were no protests and no blood spilt, but that "reasonable attitude" may not extend to all immigration offices. Over the years I thought I'd got everything sorted out just so!

One of these years I'll get everything right!

I think the rule is donot make waves during crucial time periods

You are 100% Right. I always take the required documentation plus what ever I can think of in addition just in case they ask.

The regulation states required documentation needed. Plus it also says ( or any other documentation the immigration officer may require.) Thats the catch all statement that can get you.