Pool Pumps

katabeachbum

I have some pumps for my swimmingpools, and none of them have lasted more than 3 years/7.000 hours. One stopped today, Eumaux 750 watt, comes with reduced warranty in Thailand, only one year.

Pumps are set to run 7-8 hours a day, and never more than 6 hours continously.

Anyone had pool pump lasting more than 3 years, and if so brandname and where to get it?

Yes, my 2 pumps now 5+ years old. The main pool pump 1 HP runs for 2.5 hours, 3 times each day. The jaccuzzi/water fall pump 1.5 HP runs as demanded. Can't remember the name right now and I'm not home, think an American brand. Will post name when get home later today.

Edit// quick Google browse. I have Hayward Pumps.

Another thought// I assume you have the cut out breakers (think they measure resistance) on your control panel set at a suitable level. I've had to reset a couple of times over the years.

thanks guys

Just got the pump out. Sweat and dirty :whistling:

My other Eumaux pump has been working for almost a year since a 2-3k baht repair, so will check out this possibility first.

3 years/7.000 hours isnt much to brag about. My JD Pool OZ made pump was even shorter

A shower, and off to the repair shop and possibly pump shops

We have a Poolrite pump and filtering system and the maintenance guy told me i needed a new

spider gasket for the filter because it was worn and allowing the algae to return to the pool

Which turned out not to be true we still had the algae problem with the new filter

The gasket was not available in Phuket and there is no agent here even though it says there's one on the Internet

We changed to a Hayward filter which is available here and easy to get parts for

thanks guys

My other Eumaux pump has been working for almost a year since a 2-3k baht repair, so will check out this possibility first.

3 years/7.000 hours isnt much to brag about. My JD Pool OZ made pump was even shorter

You might consider a new more efficient pump, motor technology has improved a lot in the last 3-5 years with 1.5 hp motor drawing just 1/2 of

what they did a few years ago.

Don't for get the Magnetic Contactor with a properly sized overload that is set for your pumps amp draw.

Also here in Thailand I suggest a low voltage protector and if 3 phase a phase protection module.

Hayward Pumps

Hayward pumps :thumbsup: running:

-since 1990 (my first house)

-since 1994 (second house)

-since 2006 (present home)

Hayward prices in Thailand :ermm:

correction: i was told that the "1990 pump" was replaced in 2006 <_<

thanks guys

The repair shop says Emaux is Chinese crap. The original seller of the Emaux pumps, say they dont want to sell then anymore as they dont even honor warranty within the 1st year. Both say 3 years is more than normal.

As all my other pumps(deep well, several waterpumps, washingmachines, dishwasher) are working fine, I assume the quality of the Emaux poolpumps are the problem, not powersupply.

Repair shop will give me a price and schedule today. The other Emaux has lasted 9 months after a 2.610 baht repair, but is getting noisy again.

Haywards next it seems :)

anyone know where to get them in Phuket at reasonable prices?

The repair shop says Emaux is Chinese crap. The original seller of the Emaux pumps, say they dont want to sell then anymore as they dont even honor warranty within the 1st year. Both say 3 years is more than normal.

As all my other pumps(deep well, several waterpumps, washingmachines, dishwasher) are working fine, I assume the quality of the Emaux poolpumps are the problem, not powersupply.

Repair shop will give me a price and schedule today. The other Emaux has lasted 9 months after a 2.610 baht repair, but is getting noisy again.

Haywards next it seems :)

anyone know where to get them in Phuket at reasonable prices?

Check the pool shop opposite Fisherman's Way in Chalong, thats who i bought my filter through.

I have found there prices very good compared to other pool shops on most items