Pheu Thai: Thailand To Overcome Poverty By 2020

webfact

Lots of uneducated people answering in this thread, it seems. Wake up, Thailand isn't a poor country.

That's why so many of them are living in Thailand. You probably noticed as I have done that it's pretty much only the Thaksin bashers that are posting any comments recently. The others have realised that it's no point discussing anything with such blinkered people. Much more fun to just sit on the sidelines and listen to the others shout themselves hoarse.

because they have no reply,and blinkered you lead the pack,sitting and waiting for the thai way live for today.

more fool you.

sit on the fence all year long look and learn.

good job oxygens free waste it all you want,ts basher noway.open mind and living in the real world yes.

Could you write this again in comprehensible English?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pheu Thai unveils ambitious 2020 plans

By The Nation

The Pheu Thai Party says Thailand will overcome poverty by 2020, by which time university graduates will start on Bt30,000 per month and the minimum wage will rise to Bt1,000 per day, if her party wins Sunday's vote.

Pheu Thai's prime ministerial candidate Yingluck Shinawatra unveiled her party's Vision 2020 Statement, which was posted for the first time on her Facebook page.

"I present Vision 2020 with the hope of helping my fellow Thais to form a decision ahead of election day," Yingluck wrote.

She said Pheu Thai, if elected to administer the country, would strive to achieve 20 targets within the next nine years, or two terms of office.

Key targets include:

- Gross national income to reach Bt24 trillion, enabling every Thai to live above the poverty line, every family to own a home and every farmer to own a plot.

- Entry-level graduate salary of Bt30,000 and daily minimum wage of Bt1,000.

- Good public healthcare for every Thai, all Thais freed from illicit drugs.

- World-class education, instilling students with morals and ethics.

- Number of business proprietors to double.

- Bangkok transport system to be completed with 10 train routes fuelling the development of satellite towns.

- High-speed train and rail transport services completed nationwide, cutting logistics costs by 25 per cent.

- Energy consumption restructured to cut down on fossil-fuel use, and use of green sources increased by 25 per cent.

- Become a leading country in Asia in terms of information technology, allowing every district to embrace the digital age.

- Introduce world-class zoning, complete with the construction of a sea levee to prevent flooding in Bangkok.

- Form regional capitals to advance decentralisation.

- Position Thailand as a leader on the world stage, inspiring Thais to live with dignity and pride.

- Corruption ranking to be reduced 75 per cent.

- Bring the rule of law up to international standards.

- Tourist arrivals to reach 30 million visitors, with Thailand becoming a flight hub for Asia, and Don Muang and U-tapao developed as international airports.

- Become the energy and financial hub for Southeast Asia.

- Become the healthcare hub of Asia.

- Become the world food hub.

- Value created for Thai products instead of contractual manufacturing or selling commodities.

- Become the world centre for Buddhism.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-07-01

By The Nation

The Pheu Thai Party says Thailand will overcome poverty by 2020, by which time university graduates will start on Bt30,000 per month and the minimum wage will rise to Bt1,000 per day, if her party wins Sunday's vote.

Pheu Thai's prime ministerial candidate Yingluck Shinawatra unveiled her party's Vision 2020 Statement, which was posted for the first time on her Facebook page.

"I present Vision 2020 with the hope of helping my fellow Thais to form a decision ahead of election day," Yingluck wrote.

She said Pheu Thai, if elected to administer the country, would strive to achieve 20 targets within the next nine years, or two terms of office.

Key targets include:

- Gross national income to reach Bt24 trillion, enabling every Thai to live above the poverty line, every family to own a home and every farmer to own a plot.

- Bangkok transport system to be completed with 10 train routes fuelling the development of satellite towns.

- High-speed train and rail transport services completed nationwide, cutting logistics costs by 25 per cent.

- Energy consumption restructured to cut down on fossil-fuel use, and use of green sources increased by 25 per cent.

- Become a leading country in Asia in terms of information technology, allowing every district to embrace the digital age.

- Introduce world-class zoning, complete with the construction of a sea levee to prevent flooding in Bangkok.

- Position Thailand as a leader on the world stage, inspiring Thais to live with dignity and pride.

- Tourist arrivals to reach 30 million visitors, with Thailand becoming a flight hub for Asia, and Don Muang and U-tapao developed as international airports.

- Value created for Thai products instead of contractual manufacturing or selling commodities.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-07-01

What an amazing dream, but without a clue how to deliver it. Beggar's belief: Only a fool would believe them.

Mr Olarn, the man who nearly bankrupted Siam Commercial Bank in the past, is in charge of the financial policies of Pheua Thai.

Mr Korbsak of the Democrats critized 3 stated policies of Pheua Thai for lacking details.

Mr Olarn admitted the Pheua Thai poster stating-' I child,one computer tablet' actually only meant Pratom 1 (Grade 1 students).

15,000 baht starting salary for graduates only referred to graduating teachers who had studied extra.

300 baht minimum salary for workers was only for workers who had completed training courses and passed.

So many lies!

Mr Olarn admitted the Pheua Thai poster stating-' I child,one computer tablet' actually only meant Pratom 1 (Grade 1 students)

Which are the last students that should be given a computer. Maybe P4 would be better.

15,000 baht starting salary for graduates only referred to graduating teachers who had studied extra.

Studied extra like in has a master degree in education ?

300 baht minimum salary for workers was only for workers who had completed training courses and passed.

That makes more sense because i pay my "Skilled" workers more than that already but that is not what all the people around here that are going to vote for them think.

Where can we find all of the details of all of their promises? I am guessing they have not laid them out for everyone to see.

The intent of the statement that is twisted about in the opinion piece is to provide a vision statement. A common characteristic of successful operations is that they have clear goals and a vision. That is one of the main principles taught in business school. Although I doubt that the goals as stated are going to be achieved, at least they provide a target and set out the PTP goal. If Thailand can achieve even 20% of the stated goals it will have made progress and that's the intent.

The PTP continues to present a positive message of hope and direction. Can anyone in here blasting the PTP explain the Democrat party vision statement? What exactly are the goals of the Democrat party aside from hanging on to power? In terms of electioneering and leadership, PTP at least has stated where it wants to go. The Democrats are adrift under the lacklustre leadership of a PM that has seems to have conceded the election.

Thank you for the first constructive post on this thread.

As you say, it's a statement of intent and if achievable obviously very good for the country.

The TV naysayers are a chorus to behold.......( and deride )

By The Nation

Key targets include:

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-07-01

What an amazing dream, but without a clue how to deliver it. Beggar's belief: Only a fool would believe them.

May be an amazing dream but quite a lot of it is probably achievable.

Personally I hope some of these targets can be reached because it can only make Thailand better and stronger.

Interesting that the very same people mocking this were previously criticising Yingluck et al for lack of aims, targets, experience , vision etc etc.....

Thailand would be a much improved country if any of the stated targets could be achieved.

Any long term visions or statements of intent ( however improbably achievable ) from the ruling powers ????

Thought not.

It's an old phrase, but "coke bottle glasses" seems appropriate for Yingluck's Vision 20/20...

Would you please be so kind as to state what the Democrats vision is/was?

Thank you.

9 years! Last time I heard such unbeleivable goals was when 'someone' said, we will have a man on the moon in 9 years - and look how that ended up - erm....

Man on the moon much easier than overcoming poverty.

True, but it can be argiued that LBJ's initiative improved the lives of millions and also prevented the gap between rich and poor from creating an unbreachable rift. keep in mind the era in which LBJ attempted to change the focus of a nation from one of war and racial conflict to one of trying to make the nation a better place. I don't think leaders should be ridficuled for trying to improve the quality of life for people.

Thank you.

What is the point of Pheu Thai's vision if it is completely unrealistic?

There you go again, neg, neg, neg.................

Anybody remember "Kelly's Heroes ?"

" Don't give me the negative waves, man............."

It's an old phrase, but "coke bottle glasses" seems appropriate for Yingluck's Vision 20/20...

Thank you.

Does not publishing some absurd wish list of pipe dreams of fantastic proportions somehow make them inferior to a Party stupid enough to do so?

Is misleading the population with nonsense somehow desirable?

Thank you.

"Bar girl telling you, you are a sexy man, does not make you a sexy man. The only thing it does is gets her a customer"

Making realistic and true promises are sure better then spinning nonsense. Not only that, any half brained individual should be offended as PTP presumes all voters are naive and stupid.

Lots of uneducated people answering in this thread, it seems. Wake up, Thailand isn't a poor country.

That's why so many of them are living in Thailand. You probably noticed as I have done that it's pretty much only the Thaksin bashers that are posting any comments recently. The others have realised that it's no point discussing anything with such blinkered people. Much more fun to just sit on the sidelines and listen to the others shout themselves hoarse.

because they have no reply,and blinkered you lead the pack,sitting and waiting for the thai way live for today.

more fool you.

sit on the fence all year long look and learn.

good job oxygens free waste it all you want,ts basher noway.open mind and living in the real world yes.

No I agree, You don’t have to be a Red supporter, to be accused that you are, they just can not debate with anyone who has opinion that differs from theirs.

It is best to stay off the forum.

For Educated people; they can be very rude indeed. Let them dwindle in their own misguided superiority

Thank you.

Does not publishing some absurd wish list of pipe dreams of fantastic proportions somehow make them inferior to a Party stupid enough to do so?

Is misleading the population with nonsense somehow desirable?

The Dems ....

Increasing social welfare programs, gradually and over time. (PTP promise anything to win)

Increase the tax base by taxing un-utilized land. (PTP promise anything to win)

Reduce corporate taxes some (PTP promise anything to win)

Provide a social welfare net including social security to informal workers such as taxi drivers etc. (PTP credit cards-- promise anything to win)

Provide a fair price for crops (PTP promise anything to win and make sure that the middleman gets the money not the farmers!)

Provide treatment education to addicts and increased border security to deal with drugs. (PTP a new war on drugs and Thailand to be drug free in 3,6,9, months)

Provide continued economic leadership. (Thaksin says everyone will be rich in 6 months -- nobody has to pay back any money! PTP anything to win)

Basically the Dems are promising fiscally sound policies and PTP is promising bankruptcy for the Kingdom .....

Not too hard to follow!

Thank you.

"Bar girl telling you, you are a sexy man, does not make you a sexy man. The only thing it does is gets her a customer"

Making realistic and true promises are sure better then spinning nonsense. Not only that, any half brained individual should be offended as PTP presumes all voters are naive and stupid.

Sorry, but you make wrong thrust as it were....

I don't know any bar girls but nice and subtle of you to load the innuendo...........

At the risk of repeating myself, it looks like about half the electorate are what you describe as "naive and stupid".

How many million is that ???

Sorry, but you make wrong thrust as it were....

I don't know any bar girls but nice and subtle of you to load the innuendo...........

At the risk of repeating myself, it looks like about half the electorate are what you describe as "naive and stupid".

How many million is that ???

I do not know why do not you tell me how many million is thatrolleyes.gif

And also do tell me how many of those millions received 1000 baht envelopes?blink.gif

By The Nation

Key targets include:

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-07-01

May be an amazing dream but quite a lot of it is probably achievable.

Personally I hope some of these targets can be reached because it can only make Thailand better and stronger.

Interesting that the very same people mocking this were previously criticising Yingluck et al for lack of aims, targets, experience , vision etc etc.....

Thailand would be a much improved country if any of the stated targets could be achieved.

Any long term visions or statements of intent ( however improbably achievable ) from the ruling powers ????

Thought not.

You need to learn the difference between, budget, target, goals and unobtainable pipe dreams.

JD just posted the Dems stance, read it carefully.

Dems offer achievable targets, PT promise dreams.

I just hope this time around that when those dreams fail to be delivered, the 14 million or so Thais that swallowed the red pill, wake up.

You miss the point so many times, People (yes they are people) believe that the Taksin camp will actually do something for them, it does not matter to them, if he is corrupt and takes their money through mobile phones, without him they would not have the mobile phone (that is the way they) (the poor) see it.

Might not have any money on the mobile phone but do at least have a mobile phone.

Belief is what is going to get Taksin’s camp through, people have belief in them, not necessarily believe them but they BELIEVE they care about them.

For all those poor that had close loved ones die just because they could not afford to see a doctor or go to hospital, Taksin is a saint

I am not Red so don’t accuse me of it, just a bystander.

You miss the point so many times, People (yes they are people) believe that the Taksin camp will actually do something for them, it does not matter to them, if he is corrupt and takes their money through mobile phones, without him they would not have the mobile phone (that is the way they) (the poor) see it.

Might not have any money on the mobile phone but do at least have a mobile phone.

Belief is what is going to get Taksin’s camp through, people have belief in them, not necessarily believe them but they BELIEVE they care about them.

For all those poor that had close loved ones die just because they could not afford to see a doctor or go to hospital, Taksin is a saint

I am not Red so don’t accuse me of it, just a bystander.

Do tell, why should I respect people with blind faith for no factual reasons?

Religious people are never sane or making rational choices.

Belief is what is going to get Taksin's camp through, people have belief in them, not necessarily believe them but they BELIEVE they care about them.

I am not Red so don't accuse me of it, just a bystander.

Do tell, why should I respect people with blind faith for no factual reasons?

Religious people are never sane or making rational choices.

I never posted that you or anybody should respect anyone, try reading it again. Big word Respect and hard to swollow

A direct palgiarism of the Malaysian government's Wawasan (vision) 2020. And that was started back in 1991, giving 29 years to achieve it. Now Yingluck tells us she'll do it in 9. Thaksin copies, PTP acts.

Has anyone noticed there have been NO pro reds answering this topic to date, are they shy about losing face, or is it that they cannot agree with the unthinkable ????

I'm not exactly pro red but I can understand some of their grievances. In my opinion they're going to win in a landslide.

9 years! Last time I heard such unbeleivable goals was when 'someone' said, we will have a man on the moon in 9 years - and look how that ended up - erm....

Man on the moon much easier than overcoming poverty.

True, but it can be argiued that LBJ's initiative improved the lives of millions and also prevented the gap between rich and poor from creating an unbreachable rift. keep in mind the era in which LBJ attempted to change the focus of a nation from one of war and racial conflict to one of trying to make the nation a better place. I don't think leaders should be ridficuled for trying to improve the quality of life for people.

That's hilarious because the gap between rich and poor in the US has grown MUCH LARGER between the 60's and now. I am not mocking LBJ, he actually didn't promise all that much compared to Yingluck. A house owned for every Thai? That isn't even a desirable goal (if you don't get that, think a moment on that), much less realistic, the people are being LIED TO shamelessly. Not just lied to, that's normal ... SHAMELESSLY.